Injury Polec out for 8 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Not based on SANFL form.

He was named in the squad along with Jarman, Ah Che and O'Shea. But if Ollie and Moore were available he and O'Shea wouldnt be in the squad. Stewart had played better footy than him in the SANFL before Tommy Logan knocked out Stewart in the first quarter against Norwood. The last 2 games the Maggies have played woeful footy. That's why I put daylight in. There have been some very un AFL quality footy played by Maggies top players the last 2 games - Amon included.
Amon named best against Norwood and did not play against the peckers. Moore is not AFL quality, you don't replace class and pace with a working class plodder.

Amon named best against Norwood and did not play against the peckers. Moore is not AFL quality, you don't replace class and pace with a working class plodder.
Moore isnt replacing Polec directly. He slots into the mid defensive role and some else slides across to play wing. Moore was in our best 22 when it counted last year - our 3 finals and if not for his corkie in the nab challenge game and then his 3 week umpire touch suspension he would have played already this year.

Moore isnt replacing Polec directly. He slots into the mid defensive role and some else slides across to play wing. Moore was in our best 22 when it counted last year - our 3 finals and if not for his corkie in the nab challenge game and then his 3 week umpire touch suspension he would have played already this year.
So by that logic the Hoon comes back based on his being best 22 in a final series also?

So by that logic the Hoon comes back based on his being best 22 in a final series also?
No - short memory, that was in the 2013 finals and then tore an ACL and had 12 months off. He needs time to get back to his best.

No - short memory, that was in the 2013 finals and then tore an ACL and had 12 months off. He needs time to get back to his best.
I am aware it was 2013. Amon is like for like. Who from our midfield goes onto the wing? I'd say Ebert is the only possible choice. Much prefer either Amon straight in, or Impey in and Pittard to the wing.

I am aware it was 2013. Amon is like for like. Who from our midfield goes onto the wing? I'd say Ebert is the only possible choice. Much prefer either Amon straight in, or Impey in and Pittard to the wing.
I would personally have Jasper but Krakman is good enough.

Moore isn't a working class plodder, he's got enough strings to his bow to be valuable at AFL level.

Polec's replacement will likely come from within the team, whether it's Krakouer (best fit), Broadbent, Ebert or a combination of all 3. Whoever comes into the team will likely be sub anyway.

Moore isn't a working class plodder, he's got enough strings to his bow to be valuable at AFL level.

Polec's replacement will likely come from within the team, whether it's Krakouer (best fit), Broadbent, Ebert or a combination of all 3. Whoever comes into the team will likely be sub anyway.
Disagree. Moore has not shown enough for a top ten draft pick. He looks quick and powerful at the lower level. Put him on the AFL field he looks slow and off the pace. There is a reason players who were behind him are now in the side. Has been totaly eclipsed by Aaron Young.

Is the bone really that bad? I get that Trengove's is pretty bad and we want to minimise damage, but Brett Lee had about a dozen operations on his foot, stress factures several times and up until a few months ago was bowling wheels as a 38 yr old. People are talking as if it is a death sentence if you get factures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. Moore has not shown enough for a top ten draft pick. He looks quick and powerful at the lower level. Put him on the AFL field he looks slow and off the pace. There is a reason players who were behind him are now in the side. Has been totaly eclipsed by Aaron Young.

Moore's draft pick is irrelevant. Young and Moore can co-exist in the same team. One's success does not automatically doom the other to failure. Also, I don't recall many complaints that Moore was slow when he was playing AFL last year.

Moore's draft pick is irrelevant. Young and Moore can co-exist in the same team. One's success does not automatically doom the other to failure. Also, I don't recall many complaints that Moore was slow when he was playing AFL last year.
I saw a few complaints about it, I want every Port player to be an elite player however I just don't see Moore as anything more than a vanilla mid fielder.

Is the bone really that bad? I get that Trengove's is pretty bad and we want to minimise damage, but Brett Lee had about a dozen operations on his foot, stress factures several times and up until a few months ago was bowling wheels as a 38 yr old. People are talking as if it is a death sentence if you get factures.
Yes! Normal bone breaks heal easily and relatively quickly .... The navicular bone has poor blood flow and stress injuries to it can take anything from three months, to one, or even two, years to heal fully!

This is a nasty injury for an AFL footballer .... Hopefully our early detection and intervention has him on the light scale!

I saw a few complaints about it, I want every Port player to be an elite player however I just don't see Moore as anything more than a vanilla mid fielder.
Some teams build their whole squad around white bread mids with the disposal efficiency of a 12 sided coin.

Yes! Normal bone breaks heal easily and relatively quickly .... The navicular bone has poor blood flow and stress injuries to it can take anything from three months, to one, or even two, years to heal fully!

This is a nasty injury for an AFL footballer .... Hopefully our early detection and intervention has him on the light scale!
It's not early though, he had the injury at Brisbane, it was just managed. Hopefully it's in time though.

I've been a fan of Aaron Young for quite awhile and think with Ollie and Polec's absence he will get better and better.
My issue with Moore is frustration. He is a beautiful size for a footballer and dominates at $ANFL level but and its a big but(haha)
his decision making is SLOW and pedestrian in the options he takes.
Of course I want him to succeed just don't think he is capable enough at the speed and intensity of AFL
Prove me wrong Andrew and I'll be happy

8 weeks is being optomistic.

He's experiencing pain down the medial arch.

He should have had the tomographic scan earlier and should never have played last week.

No bad news today please.

delete and repost tomorrow.

You know too much btw.

A lot of the same criticisms were levelled at Brad Ebert before he came home and got a decent fitness base under his belt. Was supposedly slow, vanilla, and had poor disposal. I don't think any of those words apply to Brad Ebert's game anymore. In fact, I'd dare say his disposal by foot is nearing elite levels.
But hey, let's just write off Andrew Moore's career anyway. We need a good whipping boy now that Jasper has 50-plus AFL games under his belt and is delivering in spades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back