Preview Polecpalooza 2019 (ft. Port Power and The North Melbourne Shinboners)

Remove this Banner Ad

i suspect Ben Brown will come out of this match being the new Tony Lockett and Ben Cunnington will be the new Greg Williams, we have a huge reputation of making spuds look like world beaters, Luke Russell for instance

I don't know why you'd choose 2 of their best 3 players as candidates for spuds that tear us apart lol.

More likely to be Mason Wood kicking 6 or Luke Davies-Spudiake playing well for the first time ever.

Mind you, Melbourne had a point to prove tonight, but fell well short. If we maintain the manic pressure from last week, we should be OK.
A point to prove doesn’t mean s**t if the other team have come to play.
Maybe if this was a twilight Sunday game later in the season it would be a danger, but ANZAC round, Home game, Friday night after a big win.
Intensity won’t be our issue!

Skills however...

Robbie said he ‘got along ok with Polly’

Quite clearly they like Polec. At which other club would its coach give a player opting to move to another club for money a cheery sentimental send off at their own Best and Fairest awards night and in response have the players chant "Poley Poley Poley"? None but our lovely AFL Port.

"Poley, we don't begrudge ya mate, we don't begrudge ya" … Ken.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04...n4QxSNhhtM6EXoItGB6xozu3XoYMmeED5Kqc9BWKAoNTw

Hinkley expects North to come out breathing fire.

"Anytime a side gets put under the blowtorch a bit, we tend to respond and we tend to react; it's just pride, you want to bounce back and represent your team well," Hinkley told SEN SA Breakfast.

"They're a high-quality team, they haven’t had the start they would have wanted, but I'm sure Brad and the boys over there are working towards trying to turn that around very quickly; we just don't want them to do that this Friday night at Adelaide Oval.

"Our responsibility is to turn up and play the same style of football that we've played, I think, reasonably consistently for the first five weeks of the season."

Hinkley praising the opposition and mellowing expectations as usual...
HINKLEY

1556164186787.png

Just the usual pre game dribble from Mr Plod. News check. They are not a quality team.
If they were a quality team they would play as a quality team. But quality, they are not.
The talking up and everyones our mate s**t needs to * off. ******* sink the boot into these campaigners.

Just the usual pre game dribble from Mr Plod. News check. They are not a quality team.
If they were a quality team they would play as a quality team. But quality, they are not.
The talking up and everyones our mate s**t needs to **** off. ******* sink the boot into these campaigners.

Exactly!

I can understand how as a head coach he needs to be diplomatic. However, there is no need to call them a 'high-quality team' FFS! Just call them decent. Or say something along the lines of 'we focus on our own game regardless of the opposition' instead of hyping up every *ing team we play against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04...n4QxSNhhtM6EXoItGB6xozu3XoYMmeED5Kqc9BWKAoNTw

Hinkley expects North to come out breathing fire.

"Anytime a side gets put under the blowtorch a bit, we tend to respond and we tend to react; it's just pride, you want to bounce back and represent your team well," Hinkley told SEN SA Breakfast.

"They're a high-quality team, they haven’t had the start they would have wanted, but I'm sure Brad and the boys over there are working towards trying to turn that around very quickly; we just don't want them to do that this Friday night at Adelaide Oval.

"Our responsibility is to turn up and play the same style of football that we've played, I think, reasonably consistently for the first five weeks of the season."

Hinkley praising the opposition and mellowing expectations as usual...
HINKLEY

View attachment 661654
FFS! Our players should be feeling 10 feet tall after smashing the reigning premiers away. And here he is talking up a bunch of spuds and saying (implicitly) our guys aren't that great, so they need to watch out. Enough with the meek shall inherit the earth bullshit. Come out and tell us we'll look to make their life's even more miserable. Whose going to complain? Their 5 fans are going to have a sob? Afraid if we lose or even win narrowly your words will come back and bite you? Ken you spineless ******* jellyfish.

Ebert in his interview said "yeah I'm good mates with Jasper... and yeah I got along fine with Polly". Weird to make the distinction there haha.

Not really. The players liked Jasper and didn't like Polly.

lol as much as I understand the disdain towards Hinkley, being respectful to the opposition rather than shitcanning them is probably the weakest reason to have a go at him.
He doesn't need to say anything about them at all. Just a "We beat a top side away last week and will look to put in that sort of performance in front of our home crowd". He doesn't need to s**t can the opposition, but he can stop talking them up though. They have their own coach to do that.

The talking up and everyones our mate s**t needs to **** off. ******* sink the boot into these campaigners.
FFS! Our players should be feeling 10 feet tall after smashing the reigning premiers away. And here he is talking up a bunch of spuds and saying (implicitly) our guys aren't that great, so they need to watch out. Enough with the meek shall inherit the earth bullshit. Come out and tell us we'll look to make their life's even more miserable. Whose going to complain? Their 5 fans are going to have a sob? Afraid if we lose or even win narrowly your words will come back and bite you? Ken you spineless ******* jellyfish.
Look, I will be as happy as anyone when Schofield takes over as coach from Hinkley, But seriously! Some of you are being blatant idiots in your blind hatred! If Hinkley comes out implying our team is flying and we are going to smash North, he would be crucified! Also in so doing it would fire those idiots up ... I have seen that done before! Also it shows a disrespect that would flow through to the players ... remember Gold Coast's first win anybody!!!!

You ALWAYS respect the opposition, especially in public. Behind closed doors you command your players to go out and murder those campaigners!!!

He doesn't need to say anything about them at all. Just a "We beat a top side away last week and will look to put in that sort of performance in front of our home crowd". He doesn't need to s**t can the opposition, but he can stop talking them up though. They have their own coach to do that.

Would be a pretty short interview if he didn't at least mention the opposition. In my mind, he said the common one-liners that every coach says about every other team.
He isn't reducing expectation nor discouraging our players at all- we should be wary of this game, this is the kind of game we drop. We need to be switched on from the first bounce

I wish Ken would just STFU.

Look, I will be as happy as anyone when Schofield takes over as coach from Hinkley, But seriously! Some of you are being blatant idiots in your blind hatred! If Hinkley comes out implying our team is flying and we are going to smash North, he would be crucified! Also in so doing it would fire those idiots up ... I have seen that done before! Also it shows a disrespect that would flow through to the players ... remember Gold Coast's first win anybody!!!!

You ALWAYS respect the opposition, especially in public. Behind closed doors you command your players to go out and murder those campaigners!!!
Yeah pre match talk doesn't count for much. What DOES count is our actions on the field tomorrow night - if the fanatical intensity we displayed against the Eagles is missing against the Roos, then fans will have every right to vent their anger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back