Preview Polecpalooza 2019 (ft. Port Power and The North Melbourne Shinboners)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone actually think Polec is worth the money North are paying him? If he was worth it, we would have matched it for a start.
Money wasn't the problem. It was the contract length.

Yeah I’m a bit worried that their North teammates will get up for Polec and Pittard. It’s a classic way to manufacture some motivation.

We need to come out firing like last week. Any hint of complacency and we all know what will happen.

All of the North supporters coming on here to tell us we're going to win by eleventy goals is eerily reminscent of the build up to the Richmond game.

Most of us were predicting eleventy goal loss to west coast too. I don't trust Ken, he'll see an easy game and ramp the training up. We'll rock up looking like we're wearing cement boots while Norf play their best football this year

That's because it was one result, and we've been subject to YEARS of failure.

Last weekend was awesome, a STEP in the right direction, and one of our best wins in years. However it was just 1 game, and we have a s**t load more to do to earn the trust and emotional investment back from our supporters.

I think our immediate target must be to win 2 of this next 3, do that and I think the fans will start buying in again. To be sitting 5-3 having already played last years top 3 would be a good result.

I liken last week to the underdog win against Hawthorn’s dynasty over there in 2015.

Expected to lose by heaps but registered a superb win, maximum effort, elite pressure, all played well.

But what do we have to show for it?

We’ve been here so many times before. It’s high time we set a standard and stuck to it.

I liken last week to the underdog win against Hawthorn’s dynasty over there in 2015.

Expected to lose by heaps but registered a superb win, maximum effort, elite pressure, all played well.

But what do we have to show for it?

We’ve been here so many times before. It’s high time we set a standard and stuck to it.

If our boys aren't aiming to snag another prestigious 5 Wins In-A-Row Certificate, well then I don't know why they're bothering.

If our boys aren't aiming to snag another prestigious 5 Wins In-A-Row Certificate, well then I don't know why they're bothering.

If we don’t get a fourth by 2020 we’re doing it wrong.

We are going to smash Richmond, if we can't beat the Richmond reserves by at least 60 points we are pathetic......lose to Richmond

West Coast are going to demolish us, we won't get within 60 points of them..... beat West Coast

I hate where this is going because everyone is predicting an easy win but you only have to go back 2 weeks to the Richmond game to realise it's impossible to trust this team at the moment.

Is a home game against the bottom side as difficult as it gets for us at the moment?

It's funny that 2017 was the one year we won all the games by huge margins against the teams we should definitely beat and reversed our choking under expectation issues that had plagued us, but then we copped it for being flat track bullies as we couldn't beat any of the top sides. However in the last year and bit we've gone back to winning games no one expects us to and struggling against the bottom teams.

What would really win back my faith is a comfortable win this friday, a win in a tight one against Collingwood and flogging the crows into submission in the next 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless he was willing to play year 4 & 5 for free then money definitely does come in it.
We never offered a 4th or 5th year because of his foot. Even if he did play for free the club doesn't want to risk having a lemon on the list for 2 years.

We play better on the wider grounds, AO doesn't seem to suit us that well. Not sure if dirty footy wil work this week. The media think we had all those low shank kicks into the forward line on purpose lol, they obviously don't watch many Port games, that's how we kick.

Turn on the sprinklers at 7am and leave them running for 10 hours.

There is an article just published about the playing group wanting to shake their reputation for dropping games as heavy favourites.

Seems Richo has spread the word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back