Politics & Government Police Brutality

Will this be a catalyst for real change or will it be more of the same?

• Change

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • More of the same

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a different angle of why police are seemingly untouchable: The Media.

The MSM are equally to blame for the fact that police are having a blank cheque for unfettered and unchecked powers. When the media are toothless and don't hold you to account, by withholding crucial evidence, you are allowed to do whatever. This is the case with the corrupt "police" who have been lionized and been put on a pedestal by the media.

So why did the centre call the police ?

Why didnt they just go up to her and take the knife off her? Or threaten to withold her pudding?
So why has the cop been charged in court?

She's died from this assault, be interesting to see if they upgrade the charges.

Manslaughter now you'd think.
Labor votes with one nation in NSW to block the footage being released.

The police commissioner has called it a nasty incident but refuses to watch the footage and calls herself brave for not doing it.

Be nice if the prick did get charges with manslaughter but the government and the cops won't be keen for it or for the footage to get out it seems

I dare say politics plays a big part.

If she was harmless why did the centre call the police?
They probably called the police thinking they'd be able to deal with the situation without killing her.

Rookie mistake of course, they should have realised cops aren't trained in how to deal with 95 year old woman with dementia.

Of course the staff at the centre should be trained in that but its good to see you're still justifying tasing and now killing an old woman with a mental illness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without knowing the full details there is obviously something very wrong here and this guy will face the music in court.

Broadly though the vast majority of police are just normal decent people doing their best to do a pretty challenging job.
The sort of people you'd like to see belt the s**t out of XR protesters. Normal, decent people.

Looking at Kristian White it's hard to see how a big pasty fat lad like him could have felt threatened by a women like Claire Nowland. Also looking at him and this there's probably not one part of police recruitment you wouldn't be having a good look at right now.
This is what you get when you go and drop the standards of entry.
There is no way anyone can justify tasering a 95 year old in a walking frame, simply GTFOH.

Dementia interferes with sufferer's ability to think, act and problem solve. Clearly in this case, she is a psycho. Keep crying. Hopefully your Nana pulls through
Sort yourself out champ.... your moral compass seems to have done itself a mischief.
In whos world is a 95 year old, 43kg woman with dementia, carrying a butter knife a threat to anyone????
He could have disarmed her with a leaf of lettuce FFS

Sort yourself out champ.... your moral compass seems to have done itself a mischief.
In whos world is a 95 year old, 43kg woman with dementia, carrying a butter knife a threat to anyone????
Clearly he hasn't been near a lettuce leaf.

Ever.

I find it ******* hard to believe tasering a 95 year old woman weighing in at a mighty 45 kg and using a walking frame for mobility is necessary.

I do though feel for the aged care facilities staff. I mean how do you handle this situation. You leave her locked up in a room then she might self harm which means aged care facility is in the s**t. Try to physically restrain her most likely ends up with her getting injured, trying to sneak up and inject a sedative might have ill affects on her.

I'm glad I don't have to face that situation as I've got no idea on how to handle it without a s**t outcome.

You won't do much damage with a butter knife. What relevance that has I'm not sure, as she was not holding one. Also her weight is irrelevant. Do you carry around a set of scales with you to determine whether something is a threat or not?

You won't do much damage with a butter knife. What relevance that has I'm not sure, as she was not holding one. Also her weight is irrelevant. Do you carry around a set of scales with you to determine whether something is a threat or not?
get therapy dude ...

So why did the centre call the police ?

Why didnt they just go up to her and take the knife off her? Or threaten to withold her pudding?
I work with aged care and mental health providers.

Nurses are trained to deal with patients to a point and they do a very good job but calling the cops is not at all out of the ordinary, in fact any newer aged care facilities and mental health facilities are required to have gun safes and discharge boxes so the cops can quickly and easily take off their guns before entering. There used to also be a requirement for any public health facility (which includes aged care) to have ESTA (Emergency Services Telco) antennas so that cops would get clear radio signal in the case of any obstructions in the building.

Calling the cops is absolutely standard practise if the nurses were concerned for their or (and this is important) her safety.

Back