Politics & Government Police Brutality

Will this be a catalyst for real change or will it be more of the same?

• Change

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • More of the same

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep

the best way to have gun control is by having all the blacks, Latino and other minorities register and carryguns out in the open. Then there would be a huge change in the laws, that’s how racist that society is over there.

Your suggestion would just see far more dead blacks and Latinos.

Crime statistics show the vast majoirty of homicides in any community are committed by their own people.

Your premise is flawed however as blacks already kill a far higher number white victims than vice versa. So if it was based on racial lines due to such statisitcs there should already be a huge change in laws yes?

Your suggestion would just see far more dead blacks and Latinos.

Crime statistics show the vast majoirty of homicides in any community are committed by their own people.

Your premise is flawed however as blacks already kill a far higher number white victims than vice versa. So if it was based on racial lines due to such statisitcs there should already be a huge change in laws yes?
You can make statistics look like anything to suit your agenda , which is clear by your post is a racist angle

ignored

You can make statistics look like anything to suit your agenda , which is clear by your post is a racist angle

ignored

Yes pointing out that the vast majority of white people are killed by other white people is racist. Not the kind of statistic that can be taken anyway other than what it shows.

I'm guessing anyone who points out how moronic your ideas are is called a racist.

Revealing some people are more worried or angry about a Target shop than black civilians being killed.

These protests come after decades, really centuries, of police killing unarmed black people with near impunity.

There's some complexity to it but those wanting to make the subject about protestors not being modelly docile or HEY ALL LIVES MATTER should be ignored. They don't care, support the status quo, and are likely racist.

Last edited:
Revealing some people are more worried or angry about a Target shop than black civilians being killed.

These protests come after decades, really centuries, of police killing unarmed black people with near impunity.

There's some complexity to it but those wanting to make the subject about protestors not being modelly docile or HEY ALL LIVES MATTER should be ignored. They don't care, support the status quo, and are likely racist.

Not sure protesting counts when projects such as new housing commissions or businesses who have been hammered by the recent pandemic are destroyed, your blind if you don't see opportunism from rioters. It doesn't have to be a binary choice, the cops need to be charged what they did is criminal, but looting neighbourhood shops isn't going to do jackshit, its not a valid form of retribution. Go after the real perpetrators.

The complaints of brutality alone paint a larger picture of how screwed their police management is. At the very least he should not have been on the streets, he should have been sacked long ago.
Probably not a surprise this guy was continued to be kept around given old mate over here being the head of the police union in Minny.. Got a fair idea of the sort of culture that would be built into that place.

1572730490_10019102+1bobkroll.JPG

He was cuffed, why didnt they put him straight in the car? It was blatant assault, if not worse.

Video footage shows he wasnt even resisting after the police chief claims he did.

Lucky they all carry guns, certainly helps things

Yep it was murder.

And the other cops stood around and then prevented civilians from trying to help a man who was being murdered.

They've burned down a low-income housing building last night. That is beyond stupid

You can separate the obviously murderous cop but point out how dumb the protesters and looters are as well. They're being pieces of s**t under the guise of protest in many cases. How does stealing a TV help protest or highlight BLM? It doesn't, and it certainly isn't racist to point that out

Yep it was murder.

And the other cops stood around and then prevented civilians from trying to help a man who was being murdered.
I don't disagree. Proving murder in court would be tough is all I meant really by 'assault if not worse'.

The cops preventing anyone intervening have known the seriousness? Who knows but the bloke with his knee on the throat did. Just not sure it could be proved without doubt to a judge is all (sadly)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've burned down a low-income housing building last night. That is beyond stupid

You can separate the obviously murderous cop but point out how dumb the protesters and looters are. They're being pieces of s**t under the guise of protest in many cases. How does stealing a TV help protest or highlight BLM? It doesn't, and it certainly isn't racist to point that out
Again it’s hard coming from an outsider to imagine the community rage, there’s bound to be a lot of irrational people out there.

I think you’re focussing on the wrong thing imo

I don't disagree. Proving murder in court would be tough is all I meant really by 'assault if not worse'.

The cops preventing anyone intervening have known the seriousness? Who knows but the bloke with his knee on the throat did. Just not sure it could be proved without doubt to a judge is all (sadly)
I tend to agree even if I view it as outright murder , it’ll be interesting to see if they get charged with a high murder charge or it’s gets knocked down to an achievable manslaughter charge

DA in the past have stacked officers with multiple high counts of charges as they know that it’ll be difficult to get a conviction and the case gets thrown out.

Again it’s hard coming from an outsider to imagine the community rage, there’s bound to be a lot of irrational people out there.

I think you’re focussing on the wrong thing imo
it's not being focussed on to say there are quite clearly some very shitty people amongst the protest. Protests are justified, looting is not. That is only contributing to the breakdown of the city. I mean, burning down low-income housing, genius at work. How likely is it those same idiots require similar assistance (very imo)

I hope for innocent people's sake the correct punishment is dished out to those cops. If not, many will get caught in crossfire (riots, looters, or even gunfire)...

I tend to agree even if I view it as outright murder , it’ll be interesting to see if they get charged with a high murder charge or it’s gets knocked down to an achievable manslaughter charge

DA in the past have stacked officers with multiple high counts of charges as they know that it’ll be difficult to get a conviction and the case gets thrown out.
It sounds as though they're not even arresting him atm as evidence 'doesn't warrant it'. I'm far from a legal expert but that doesn't sound promising to me

I'm all for the protestors. Power to the people and all, but is burning the city down really the best way to go about this?
Well they tried kneeling and got ignored

think this may be the best way to bring national and international attention to the issue, by product sadly will be the grubs that take advantage of the situation by looting.

How could they not know the seriousness...?? There are onlookers pleading for minutes yelling 'He can't breathe, he can't breathe' and there is a moron with his knee and body weight on a defenceless man who is choking also pleading for his life saying 'I can't breathe' for over 5 minutes ...

Instinct and common sense would tell a normal person with half a brain that this is quite serious and as a cop and me doing my job properly (which is to keep people safe) I'm telling the moron to get his knee off his neck...that's enough, let him breathe etc.

* all those cops...How the hell did they even get into that position in the first place and given that kind of responsibility.

Anyone could read that situation better.

fu** all those cops...How the hell did they even get into that position in the first place and given that kind of responsibility.

Anyone could read that situation better.

There's an issue in hiring procedures within many US law enforcement agencies which contribute to these issues.

Many of the Police are ex-military, have experienced bad s**t and don't think or relate to citizens as say someone with no military background.

They lose the insight of empathy and just see every potential situation from a military view, not a policing view.

To them a death doesn't hold the same weight as that of someone without that background.

The hiring process needs to be standardised as right now it's vastly different requirements from state to state, county to county.

Back