News Police probe tiger over topless photo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but if a drunk person gives consent to another drunk person, then the act occurs, then both sober up and consent is withdrawn...i don't believe any crime has been committed. If I'm wrong there, then our laws are wrong.

We can pretty safely say that either:
- she feels legitimately aggrieved by what occurred OR
- she regrets her own choices and is trying to absolve herself of blame:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

We have no idea which of those things it is at this stage.

you summed it up better than me :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Naturally it may have been a player A to player B distribution before it was fully "leaked" so 2 players may be getting investigated.
I'm just telling you what I know and not being speculative, that is, I have it on as good a authority as one can have that Jacob Townsend is being investigated.
it could have been girl a to girlfriend b, you don't know, we do know Essendon are drug cheats though, that is fact, everything else is conjecture

How do we know who passed the photo on? Everyone is assuming its the Richmond player, it may have been the girl herself who sent it to friends.

the "FACTS" were presented by blobbo, rita, clementine, they are not in dispute

Can't believe they are now having a go at Peggy for not being strong enough in her condemnation.

From the HS

"Australia’s pre-eminent cyber security expert, Susan McLean, is highly critical of Richmond’s response, labelling it “appalling.”

On the ABC’s Q&A program last Monday night, Richmond president Peggy O’Neal said: “If it turns out that it is disrespectful to women, we certainly don’t stand for that, that’s not what our club’s about and if someone has made a disrespectful and humiliating gesture then of course it will be taken into account.”

Ms McLean, a former veteran cop, is disappointed that the AFL’s only female club president did not strongly condemn the intimate image abuse.

“How can it not be disrespectful? I found that comment to be disgusting,” Ms McLean said. “The club has got to be mindful that there is a police investigation but that doesn’t stop them from making a general statement that image-based abuse is abhorrent, disrespectful and illegal.”

The cyber cop has worked extensively with AFL clubs and believes they can’t just “take a stand when it suits” and must be consistent in their response to the treatment of women."

Good grief! They want Peggy to hang, draw and quarter a player before we even know who he is and the circumstances surrounding the photo. That is why Peggy said "if". Being a lawyer I'd imagine Peggy would choose her words carefully.

Can't believe they are now having a go at Peggy for not being strong enough in her condemnation.

From the HS

"Australia’s pre-eminent cyber security expert, Susan McLean, is highly critical of Richmond’s response, labelling it “appalling.”

On the ABC’s Q&A program last Monday night, Richmond president Peggy O’Neal said: “If it turns out that it is disrespectful to women, we certainly don’t stand for that, that’s not what our club’s about and if someone has made a disrespectful and humiliating gesture then of course it will be taken into account.”

Ms McLean, a former veteran cop, is disappointed that the AFL’s only female club president did not strongly condemn the intimate image abuse.

“How can it not be disrespectful? I found that comment to be disgusting,” Ms McLean said. “The club has got to be mindful that there is a police investigation but that doesn’t stop them from making a general statement that image-based abuse is abhorrent, disrespectful and illegal.”

The cyber cop has worked extensively with AFL clubs and believes they can’t just “take a stand when it suits” and must be consistent in their response to the treatment of women."

Good grief! They want Peggy to hang, draw and quarter a player before we even know who he is and the circumstances surrounding the photo. That is why Peggy said "if". Being a lawyer I'd imagine Peggy would choose her words carefully.

absolutely, she is also on the record as saying that if they had their time over again they would NOT have fined dusty last year, they buckled to media pressure then.

She gets my Vote next election

From the HS

Its a media circus.... Let the police do their job and establish the facts then I'm sure Peggy and RFC will take the relevant action. A photo has got into cyberspace, it should be very easy to track who shared it in the beginning.

I hope out of all the players that it is not Jacob. After having found out that he stutters the investigative interviews would be
even more stressful for him.

I’m shocked if a tiges player is involved but I’d be more shocked if it was him

absolutely, she is also on the record as saying that if they had their time over again they would NOT have fined dusty last year, they buckled to media pressure then.

She gets my Vote next election

She doesn't want your vote next election. She's bailing.

I don't know if there is. But there could be. If she got drunk, hooked up with a famous person, took a nude pic and sent it to friends...then woke up to find out it had gone viral.
How do we know who passed the photo on? Everyone is assuming its the Richmond player, it may have been the girl herself who sent it to friends.
This goes back to my point of everybody giving her such little credit that we're more willing to say that she sent her mates a nude pic of herself than the tiger player ****ed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This goes back to my point of everybody giving her such little credit that we're more willing to say that she sent her mates a nude pic of herself than the tiger player ****** up.

No one has said that, they are offering alternate scenarios, you on the other hand are pretty definite as to who sent the photos, do you have "facts" or are you relying on the reported "facts" as espoused by Ms Rita (chopstickgate) Panahi? Clementine (bless her heart) Ford? they had all the "facts" on dusty too

This goes back to my point of everybody giving her such little credit that we're more willing to say that she sent her mates a nude pic of herself than the tiger player ****** up.
Everything I have heard via the media is taking the view it WAS the a Richmond player to blame. It well could be but let the investigation run its course hey?

You know the police are investigating it, so assuming that it was done without her permission is an assumption,
the police may find that A she had given permission, or B she may have shared the photo herself C she had not given permission D she didn't share the photo herself.

So far we have heard the ramblings of the HUN , AGE , Rita, Clementine bless her heart, we have not heard anything from 1 the girl 2 the player or players involved.

so everything is an assumption.

I will give one of many possible scenarios.

the pic was taken, he sent it to his mates, she sent it to her mates, mummy and daddy find out and suddenly it was sent without her consent.

remember it has been spoken that her private school friends got the pic that night/next day.

its quite possible that both spread the picture out, just as it is possible he did it without her consent.

Until this tawdry little affair is finished and people who make assumptions to the guilt of the player just need to remember chopstick gate.

Im not laying blame on him her or anyone else, lets wait and see
Whether or not she shared it herself is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter unless she herself posted it on facebook or did something equally public.

The question is whether others who had the photo had her consent to share it.

There is no possible scenario where she could be at blame here, except for the minute possibility that she gave consent to the person who shared it and is now lying about it afterwards. You'd have to have a pretty damn low opinion of her to suspect that.

This is quite different to chopstick gate imo, there's a much smaller range of possible scenarios here (as you have stated), and I believe you can give the person who shared the picture less benefit of the doubt. You just don't share a nude pic of someone else, it's not bloody hard (pun intended).

You seem to be taking people bringing up alternatives to the player being the sole individual that has done the wrong thing as discrediting the girl.
They are just alternatives in the debate. A few here claim to have inside information, perhaps they do, perhaps they don't.

We can all debate what may have taken place, but we can;'t take anything as fact until the police and or the player/girl come out and publicly say something.

Everything I have heard via the media is taking the view it WAS the a Richmond player to blame. It well could be but let the investigation run its course hey?
Yes the media will kill itself before it shows both sides of a story, but that's not my point.

To reinforce my point, I'm not necessarily saying anyone is guilty here. My comments so far have somewhat detracted/distracted from the real concern I have - my apologies.

My concern is that there is unwarranted victim-blaming happening here. If she's not a victim, then there's unnecessary blaming happening here. It's her prerogative if she wants to take a nude pic and share it with her friends, that is separate to what her friends then do with the picture.

You seem to be taking people bringing up alternatives to the player being the sole individual that has done the wrong thing as discrediting the girl.
They are just alternatives in the debate.
I don't have an issue with people bringing up alternatives in the debate, I have a problem in the way the alternatives are framed and weighted. If that has lead to inaccurate/unwarranted speculation on my part, I apologise.

Whether or not she shared it herself is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter unless she herself posted it on facebook or did something equally public.

The question is whether others who had the photo had her consent to share it.

There is no possible scenario where she could be at blame here, except for the minute possibility that she gave consent to the person who shared it and is now lying about it afterwards. You'd have to have a pretty damn low opinion of her to suspect that.

This is quite different to chopstick gate imo, there's a much smaller range of possible scenarios here (as you have stated), and I believe you can give the person who shared the picture less benefit of the doubt. You just don't share a nude pic of someone else, it's not bloody hard (pun intended).
That is incorrect. If she has shared the photo with anyone, it cannot be a charge of revenge pr0n. The other party sharing the photo still may have broken a law but it would be a far lesser offence.

From the HS

Wrong,

Kochie, Mcguire & Cochrane are also female presidents

The idea that she sent it to her mates is based on conjecture that students from her school circulated the pic within 24 hours of it being taken...i don't think it is an attempt to slander or discredit her as such...i feel that IF she has been disrespected and it was released without her consent then whoever is responsible should be held accountable....

From the HS

i remember susan mclean coming to my high school and giving a talk on cyber safety. thought she was a condescending idiot then, and it doesn't seem like much has changed.

peggy's doing the right thing in not throwing anyone under the bus, and thereby not adding to the media circus. glad she's our president, smart lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back