News Police probe tiger over topless photo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not she shared it herself is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter unless she herself posted it on facebook or did something equally public.

The question is whether others who had the photo had her consent to share it.

There is no possible scenario where she could be at blame here, except for the minute possibility that she gave consent to the person who shared it and is now lying about it afterwards. You'd have to have a pretty damn low opinion of her to suspect that.

This is quite different to chopstick gate imo, there's a much smaller range of possible scenarios here (as you have stated), and I believe you can give the person who shared the picture less benefit of the doubt. You just don't share a nude pic of someone else, it's not bloody hard (pun intended).
Pigs arse it’s different, the players have been found guilty before all the facts are out, you have convicted them yourself, without any “ facts” other than what you guzzle down from the hun

I'd hate to have some posters on here on a jury trialling a murder case with an innocent suspect......

They'd swallow everything the prosecution puts forward and nail the defendant.....
Before you even saw the 8nside of a court house

Well. I'd like to say it was me that took the photo for the her. I confess.
But then someone talking in a Russian accent (or it could have been Chinese, I was a little distracted) said he was a hacquer or something. (I thought it was from a call centre) as my Nokia flipper phone stopped working properly.
So there you have it.

i remember susan mclean coming to my high school and giving a talk on cyber safety. thought she was a condescending idiot then, and it doesn't seem like much has changed.

peggy's doing the right thing in not throwing anyone under the bus, and thereby not adding to the media circus. glad she's our president, smart lady
You're damned right she's one smart cookie, this club ain't run by the bloody third reich that throws accused off the top of buildings before any adjudication. We won't buckle to lightweight shock jocks nor dignify lynch mob opinion with a response. I admire the leadership of our club,,,,,,a lot

You're damned right she's one smart cookie, this club ain't run by the bloody third reich that throws accused off the top of buildings before any adjudication. We won't buckle to lightweight shock jocks nor dignify lynch mob opinion with a response. I admire the leadership of our club,,,,,,a lot

Haven't things turned for the Peggster from 12 months ago...jeez we could revive some posts from that time and embarrass a few. (Wont do it)

Haven't things turned for the Peggster from 12 months ago...jeez we could revive some posts from that time and embarrass a few. (Wont do it)
To be fair, she needed to prove what she was doing was right. To her credit she stuck fat with her plan and it worked. Until that happened I don't think it was unfair to question our direction at the time. Hindsight always has 20/20 vision.

There’s some crazy conspiracy theories going around about the Richmond premiership medal photo scandal.

Some are suggesting the medal was stolen by the girl who then went off with a player from another team in an effort to set up the Tigers.

Another theory is a Richmond player who missed being in the flag side ‘borrowed’ the medal to get some action and then got a bit carried away with who he showed the pic to.

Nothing quite so exotic folks, just a young man enjoying the spoils of a great season and then being an idiot after the event, something that’s seen him cut short an overseas holiday while he begs to be given another chance.
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...shock-trade/wzlr5jwcy0b21v2k4dp89tred/slide/3

Anyone been keeping track of the înstagram picks to see who headed home early?

To be fair, she needed to prove what she was doing was right. To her credit she stuck fat with her plan and it worked. Until that happened I don't think it was unfair to question our direction at the time. Hindsight always has 20/20 vision.

Why do we need proof?
Can't we judge the merits of a person before we have proof?
It's like saying Dimma can't coach... but now he can.

Why do we need proof?
I think that everyone has a honeymoon period when first elected - just look at prime ministers. But then you need substance to back up the rhetoric. If you don't get substance your confidence wanes. It's just human nature.

When we couldn't win a single final and then fell in a heap, that substance was nowhere to be seen. I don't blame anyone who was critical. I would think that if you weren't, strange in fact. Bloody hell, even Gale and Peggy have said they questioned their own decision making regarding backing Dimma.

Why do we need proof?
Yes u can as u rightly pointed out it comes down to judgement , for some they see what they wanna see , others a more objective view benchmarked against peer clubs not some utopian masterpiece last seen in a volume of Peter Pan

I get your point, fair enough.

I more judge on the effort, the calm in the face of the storm, the solidarity and the strength to strip back and question what they were doing. And the wisdom to make changes.

To ask it another way, how long did it take to identify "substance "?
5-0, a finals win or a flag? Cos I'm not sure Peggy had much of a game day influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get your point, fair enough.

I more judge on the effort, the calm in the face of the storm, the solidarity and the strength to strip back and question what they were doing. And the wisdom to make changes.

To ask it another way, how long did it take to identify "substance "?
5-0, a finals win or a flag? Cos I'm not sure Peggy had much of a game day influence.
I think as the season unfolded, it showed that we could compete with anyone. The fact hat we were competitive with practically every team won me over to our new coaching team's strategies and tactics. The finals series was just the cream on top. Benny and Peggy were shown two have backed the right horse and kudos to them. In this industry, you are ultimately judged by your results.

HUN is going with this tomorrow

Tiger player involved in nude photo scandal identified

ALEKS DEVIC, Herald Sun
October 18, 2017 8:50pm
The investigation has entered its second week and police are assessing the information they have.

As part of the evidence hunt, the phones of some Richmond players could be seized to determine how many times the leaked photo of the barebreasted female, draped with a Premiership medal around her neck was forwarded on.

Police would not comment on any developments except to say: “The investigation is ongoing.”

The woman says she is a victim of revenge pr0n after the player who took the photo told her the picture was delated off his phone.

She had consented to the photo being taken but did not give any permission for it to be sent on.

The player is alleged to have sent it to various people, including Richmond teammates.

The incident has left the woman highly distressed.

As part of the police probe, social media giants Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook could be issued warrants to cough up information as to who was sending the photo. on their platform.

Richmond Football Club has said it would work with police during the investigation and wanted to ensure it had a club environment where women could thrive.

The AFL Integrity Unit is also investigating and has been in communication with the female.

Under the sexting laws, people can be charged if intimate images were sent out without the person’s consent.

Penalties range from warnings to two years jail.

Whether or not she shared it herself is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter unless she herself posted it on facebook or did something equally public.

The question is whether others who had the photo had her consent to share it.

There is no possible scenario where she could be at blame here, except for the minute possibility that she gave consent to the person who shared it and is now lying about it afterwards. You'd have to have a pretty damn low opinion of her to suspect that.

This is quite different to chopstick gate imo, there's a much smaller range of possible scenarios here (as you have stated), and I believe you can give the person who shared the picture less benefit of the doubt. You just don't share a nude pic of someone else, it's not bloody hard (pun intended).

So there is a possible scenario?

ALEKS DEVIC, Herald Sun
The investigation has entered its second week and police are assessing the information they have.

As part of the evidence hunt, the phones of some Richmond players could be seized to determine how many times the leaked photo of the barebreasted female, draped with a Premiership medal around her neck was forwarded on.

Police would not comment on any developments except to say: “The investigation is ongoing.”

The woman says she is a victim of revenge pr0n after the player who took the photo told her the picture was delated off his phone.

She had consented to the photo being taken but did not give any permission for it to be sent on.

The player is alleged to have sent it to various people, including Richmond teammates.

As part of the police probe, social media giants Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook could be issued warrants to cough up information as to who was sending the photo. on their platform.

Richmond Football Club has said it would work with police during the investigation and wanted to ensure it had a club environment where women could thrive.

The AFL Integrity Unit is also investigating and has been in communication with the female.

Under the sexting laws, people can be charged if intimate images were sent out without the person’s consent.

I swear all of this information was posted in an article last week lol

$$orry still reckon its a $et up.... on a lighter note over in Adalaide.. at a couple of functions a crows player of high standing was seen drooling and googled eyed staring at girls cleavages until one of them snapped and screamed "take a picture it lasts longer"..
View attachment 429758
Go to sleep campaigner dont let a little thunder and lightning and 200mm of rain keep you up.

ALEKS DEVIC, Herald Sun

It's just a beat-up.
(They would be constantly re-assessing their information. Nothing new here.)

the phones of some Richmond players could be seized

(Note: "could" not "will" ... speculation.)

(We knew that, didn't we?)

(A statement by the reporter. No indication of its authenticity. Hearsay.)

She had consented to the photo being taken ...
(This much would appear to be obvious by her relaxed pose. No suggestion of coercion.)

("Alleged"... great word, that. So, an unknown player is "alleged" to have sent it to unknown people.)

... social media giants Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook could be issued warrants to cough up information ...

(There's that word "could" again. Not "will" or "have been".)

The rest of the report is nothing new.

As for the headline:

it's clickbait.
There is no indication in the story that anybody has been identified. And it wasn't a nude photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back