The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

I glanced at my notebook and the chart that I had prepared of the officers’ evidence, sighed, and warned Dominic to prepare himself to be disbelieved. But he did not care. If he was found guilty, then so be it, but he would not plead guilty to something he did not do.

There are some police officers who view their job as a vocation, and strive to be fair. I have met a good number of them, but I rarely need to test their evidence in court because, for the most part, they tell the truth. Other officers are lazy, but not dishonest. Some will bend and break the rules to ensure that – as they see it – justice is done, but they usually hover just on the right side of the line. As a defence barrister, my experience of challenging police in court usually involves a different type of officer. These are the ones who use their badge to legitimise their bullying, their brutality and their deception. In their witness statements, they lie and exaggerate.

I've faced a judge once on a very mild disorderly conduct charge (basically what you are charged with if a cop has a problem with you but you haven't actually done anything illegal)

The statement that went to the judge about what I did on the night I was arrested was pure fabrication at worst, or at best, the officer got me confused with one of the other 14 or so people arrested at the same time -

It's pure bullshit but there was zero point in contesting it in that situation

I've faced a judge once on a very mild disorderly conduct charge (basically what you are charged with if a cop has a problem with you but you haven't actually done anything illegal)

The statement that went to the judge about what I did on the night I was arrested was pure fabrication at worst, or at best, the officer got me confused with one of the other 14 or so people arrested at the same time -

It's pure bullshit but there was zero point in contesting it in that situation

Yeah what gets heard in court is way different to what happens in reality. Basically its all agreed upon in advance.

When i was young I was in a night club , playing a sit down video game. ( yeah how old am i) ? It ate my coin so i got up and kicked the side of it as i walked off.
BOOM ... plate glass top shattered.

When the bouncers caught up with me they handed me over to the local cops. They made me spend the night in the lockup. When i signed my name going in they had hold of my shoulders, and they pulled me back as i was signing. Not allowed to call my parents to tell them where i was ( still living at home then ).
Later when they came to pick me up, the cops showed them my signature as evidence to how drunk i was. ( I was drunk but no more than normal for a night out ).

I was charged with "Drunk" ( not disorderly ) and some sort of destruction of property charge.
In court the magistrate was told how i had destroyed a $2000 machine.
I produced a letter from the machine owner ( leased to the pub ) that said the $30 i had paid them had been enough to replace the damaged glass on top of the machine. Magistrate gave a dirty look to the cops, told me not to drink so much and out i went no conviction no fine nothing.

On the other side of things.
My wife was driving along the Freeway towards Packenham, and a car coming from berwick/officer on the side road, bounced across a media strip and hit her , pushing her off the road onto the center media strip on the freeway. Then drove off down the road. Someone else followed her got the rego and came back.
The police were called and informed. My wife waited in the freezing cold with a tow truck driver until i got there, then she left with her mother , shaken up
Towie and i waited and waited until he said he'd need to go.
I called the Packenham cops and they said they'd already caught up with the young lady driving the car at a nearby servo. ( it had been damaged ). And that they were not doing any further investigation.

We followed up through the Dandenong police, and it seemed nothing was going to happen, so we pushed and pushed and nagged until finally charges were laid against her.
We were informed of the court case but not requested to appear.

The police testified with a blatant lie. " We investigated the scene at XX.XX o clock and there was no other vehicle present at the location.( lie one ). We did notice some oil on the ground that may have caused this girl to skid and slide onto the freeway. ( total bullshit ). "

The girl then came out looking very remorseful and explaining how broke she was.

Causing an accident, driving off. NOTHING.

No wonder its a bloody trend these days.
( and i wonder if she knew some of the Packenham cops already , or just got to know them a lot better than night, why else would they lie for her ?).

Minneapolis police officers have repeatedly requested over the past three years that Hennepin County medical responders sedate people using the powerful tranquilizer ketamine, at times over the protests of those being drugged, and in some cases when no apparent crime was committed, a city report shows.

On multiple occasions, in the presence of police, Hennepin Healthcare EMS workers injected suspects of crimes and others who already appeared to be restrained, according to the report, and the ketamine caused heart or breathing failure, requiring them to be medically revived. Several people given ketamine had to be intubated.

These are among the findings of an investigation conducted by the Office of Police Conduct Review, a division of the city’s Department of Civil Rights. The draft report has been circulated narrowly within City Hall but not disseminated to the public. The Star Tribune has obtained a copy.

The number of documented ketamine injections during Minneapolis police calls increased from three in 2012 to 62 last year, the report found, including four uses on the same person. On May 18, around the time the draft report was completed, Minneapolis police Cmdr. Todd Sauvageau issued a departmental order saying that officers “shall never suggest or demand EMS Personnel ‘sedated’ a subject. This is a decision that needs to be clearly made by EMS Personnel, not MPD Officers.”

http://www.startribune.com/at-urgin...dued-dozens-with-powerful-sedative/485607381/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the crims out in force again, obey the farkin law and every thing will be sweet.

The people should only obey the laws when they actually make them.

How much of the crap on the statute books formed a part of any election platform?

Triffic.. they are still being painted as the enemy... it isn't enough that they are going to say nothing against
the plebs that they are going to protect...

It is all a game where we the public say that those.. um humbugs.. o else those ham bags... are trying the waters..
it is not up to us to prove them not guilty but them to prove that they are able to prove themselves not guilty..

I love the fact that they are for the most part held accountable but yet it all ends in tears when they are cantering to a
a violent hard stop..

Anyone remember this tweet/thread from earlier in the year that went viral?

Seems as though it was total bullshit.

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-new...tweet-appears-to-have-not-occurred/1146319148
Virginia Beach police released a full statement about the claims the following day. It says their department, as well as the Virginia Beach Sheriff's Office, could not find anything in their records to support her story.

The statement also says they have worked with other law enforcement agencies around Hampton Roads, including the Virginia State Police, and none have found anything similar to the incident she describes.

"At this time, this incident appears to have not occurred, or if something did happen, did not occur as described by “Hermione Danger," said Virginia Beach police. They also mention they reached out to the woman and say have received no reply.

went so viral that this is the first i've seen it
The tweet is right there - 100,000+ likes, 214,000 re-teeets - what defines viral? More importantly, it's a great example of how common it is for people to judge situations before seeing any real evidence or information regarding police. It happens constantly, and people like yourself who have a hard-on for hating cops usually exacerbate the problem by participating in that behaviour.

Have never tweeted s**t about cops or 'judged situations before seeing any real evidence or information'

I've relayed personal experiences

Or I've commented on videos in this thread - I don't care what that guy who got tasered had done, nothing justifies that behaviour by the cops

Have never tweeted s**t about cops or 'judged situations before seeing any real evidence or information'

I've relayed personal experiences

Or I've commented on videos in this thread - I don't care what that guy who got tasered had done, nothing justifies that behaviour by the cops
What guy getting tasered? Don't you see how you just did exactly what you claim you don't do in the same post?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back