The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, a baton across the legs when a drug/alcohol induced thug is charging at you with a weapon will do it! You don't really understand policing, do you

I was merely making general suggestions of how I have seen cops deal with lunatics previously, but for the specific situation around the indigenous kid a taser would have been effective.

You are correct though, I don't understand policing because I am not a bootlicker who enforces stupid laws for a corrupt government. The police are the experts in policing, and in the particular case of this the indigenous kid they have charged one of their own with murder. What does that tell you about the situation?

Yeah, a baton across the legs when a drug/alcohol induced thug is charging at you with a weapon will do it! You don't really understand policing, do you
how about just waiting a few days after sorry business and then approach him when he’s not in an emotional state

he wasn’t going anywhere , abit of cultural training is needed I reckon

Are you aware what he was on parole for, do you know what type of offender he was?
Warrant for his arrest for breaching his parole for his suspended sentence is all the information I can find

doesn’t change the fact that the community culture wasn’t taken into account and that they approached him on sorry business

unless it was some extreme circumstances I’m shocked that approach was approved.

https://www.alicespringsnews.com.au...the-rest-of-his-life-as-a-blackfeller-killer/

“ The old coppers were good, all mature cops, they’d been around, working in communities.”

“They know the law, they know the cultural side of everything, they know how to approach [people]. They had a good relationship with the people here.”

sounds like it might come down to a lack of cultural understanding in the community by the new police there....a murder charge certainty paints a picture of a failure of policing the community.

Are you aware what he was on parole for, do you know what type of offender he was?

EDIT :

https://www.alicespringsnews.com.au...the-rest-of-his-life-as-a-blackfeller-killer/

The man who died in Yuendumu on the weekend was not on parole. I understand that police were seeking to arrest him in relation to alleged breaches of a suspended sentence.

I have been told a police officer made the comment about parole during the weekend and, after it was learned he was in fact not on parole, the police tried to correct the record but given the speed of reportage the wrong information had already been published in numerous locations.

Last edited:
I don't believe someone to be in the custody of police when they are out of control of the officers to the point where they are allegedly armed and swinging at them.

That isn't detained. It's resisting arrest.
No but point is arrest is warranted when dubious individuals can't control themselves....or ramping up their opposition
to welcomed temporary incarceration. .they just don't know it yet...

I was merely making general suggestions of how I have seen cops deal with lunatics previously, but for the specific situation around the indigenous kid a taser would have been effective.

You are correct though, I don't understand policing because I am not a bootlicker who enforces stupid laws for a corrupt government. The police are the experts in policing, and in the particular case of this the indigenous kid they have charged one of their own with murder. What does that tell you about the situation?
A knife is not something you combat with a taser. It's a deadly weapon, and if you get too close to a cop with one, you'll get lit up. Nobody but the totally ignorant suggest knife-wielding attackers should be dealt with differently. Ten minutes of Google/YouTube can teach you about why.

you bite hard.. gormless but relatively insensitive..

A knife is not something you combat with a taser. It's a deadly weapon, and if you get too close to a cop with one, you'll get lit up. Nobody but the totally ignorant suggest knife-wielding attackers should be dealt with differently. Ten minutes of Google/YouTube can teach you about why.
i think there would be more questions about the handling of the situation leading up to and after the confrontation rather than the alleged self defence shooting which I have no issue with if it is valid.

still the elephant in the room can’t be ignored that a cop has a murder charge while wearing a body cam...going to be an interesting trial.

If were going to shoot them, it's much safer to use drones.

I'd much prefer if the cops were taught self defense, hand to hand combat, mindfulness.

i think there would be more questions about the handling of the situation leading up to and after the confrontation rather than the alleged self defence shooting which I have no issue with if it is valid.

still the elephant in the room can’t be ignored that a cop has a murder charge while wearing a body cam...going to be an interesting trial.
and if body cam footage was taken as evidence then we wouldn't have the trouble of unknowledgeable individuals being allowed to stamp feet and
call foul...

but I think that it is like cctv... where you know it is on and you can't do anything but respect the vision...
the police members who like to 'delete' the evidence is scary but should we just allow them to ride the bus of me and you evidence...

this is the flint nature of the scenario.. hard but sharp...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd much prefer if the cops were taught self defense, hand to hand combat, mindfulness.
Shooting someone coming at you with a knife is self defence. The other kind of self defence in that situation is outrunning the person. Cops don't really have that option in their job description.

I haven't read up on the particular incident that spawned this fragment of the discussion, but yes, that's always the case. The important stuff is what happened before the shooting 90% of the time.

and if body cam footage was taken as evidence then we wouldn't have the trouble of unknowledgeable individuals being allowed to stamp feet and
call foul...

but I think that it is like cctv... where you know it is on and you can't do anything but respect the vision...
the police members who like to 'delete' the evidence is scary but should we just allow them to ride the bus of me and you evidence...

this is the flint nature of the scenario.. hard but sharp...
My main point was that even with body cam footage of the situation the cop was charged with murder ...which is incredible in itself

but I do agree the body cam debate is contentious... I can see the argument for why they want the right to delete footage in such cases as privacy concerns and filming the public ...but like any law it is open to abuse and I would be mindful of the police having more power to potentially tamper with key evidence

My main point was that even with body cam footage of the situation the cop was charged with murder ...which is incredible in itself

but I do agree the body cam debate is contentious... I can see the argument for why they want the right to delete footage in such cases as privacy concerns and filming the public ...but like any law it is open to abuse and I would be mindful of the police having more power to potentially tamper with key evidence
it is what the law recommends but if dubious individuals like to step up and delete, or use it against someone they particularly want to put into custody then
we have a problem... having an opinion about a situation might come into it and they will use.. or delete something.. ongoing questions..

Not talking about the dude in the NT at all.. but apparently this is very linked to everyone else in other police forces.. how far do we let them take their
position?

it is what the law recommends but if dubious individuals like to step up and delete, or use it against someone they particularly want to put into custody then
we have a problem... having an opinion about a situation might come into it and they will use.. or delete something.. ongoing questions..
Too much power and temptation to tamper with the footage imo

but hey the police asks us to trust them that they won’t abuse the law.....:rolleyes:

In every jurisdiction in Australia, if a police officer shoots and kills someone to defend themselves, or their colleagues or a member of the public from someone who is in the act of lunging at them with a knife, they will be not guilty of murder.

I don't know what to think in this instance- to justify a murder charge the body cam footage must be damning.

Here's some interesting stuff

The training had moved on a fair bit from this, but it at least isn't the ludicrous crap you see from some people.

Without going into detail we teach a system that doesn't try to block and isn't static, but rather goes into full offense mode to dominate the attacker. When unarmed, you are hoping for one of two things - clear access to your weapon / support, or subduing the threat entirely. That's if you can't simply run, as that's the best thing to do.

The cops are on his side, they are the ones prosecuting him. They will charge him with murder and prove him innocent. He's done everything right

Tragic story. Guess you’ll find out in a month or so when the case is heard. The old body cam will tell the story.

A good chuck of us up here know what happenen - it’s a pretty small world up here.

He will be doing some time - it’s just how long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back