The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

She used her position to fraudulently get financial gain.
How do you arrive at the leap that she has ever falsified information to have people prosecuted?
Why would you also not review every case where the person/s were not convicted?

If a construction engineer takes kickbacks, do you assume that the building he designed will fall down?

She is a proven fraudster whilst in government office.

She is a proven fraudster whilst in government office.

Taking that at face value, i'd expect that it would be easier to get bribes to get people off criminal charges than it is to get them locked away.
Constructing evidence , or supplying false testimony is not that easy.

Taking that at face value, i'd expect that it would be easier to get bribes to get people off criminal charges than it is to get them locked away.
Constructing evidence , or supplying false testimony is not that easy.

Hilarious.

Hilarious.

Its easy to lose or contaminate evidence.

I've seen cops give false evidence, and if it was something more important could have easily called them out on it.
Evidence gets verified by labs and so forth.
False testimony can have all sorts of witnesses to the contrary.
You'd have to be pretty clever to fake this sort of stuff.
a) This cop wasn't that clever was she?
b) What is the motivation to frame your innocent party?

Exactly. If someone has proven themselves to be fraudulent, then their previous work must also be scrutinized to check it was legitimate. It's just a logical and pragmatic thing to do.

In the case of state enforcement against the individual, it becomes imperative to maintain integrity. It's not even an option.

Failure to do so constitutes political convenience over due process.

Exactly. If someone has proven themselves to be fraudulent, then their previous work must also be scrutinized to check it was legitimate. It's just a logical and pragmatic thing to do.

OK so if you say , i was going 100 officer, and he shows you the radar showing 110. Then your life's works is suspect,
Yeah sure.

If you want to get corrupt cops out of the system, its best that it doesn't cost millions each time. Otherwise you'll find the bureaucracy turning a blind eye just to avoid unworkable re-investigations.

Try to put at least one foot in the real world.

OK so if you say , i was going 100 officer, and he shows you the radar showing 110. Then your life's works is suspect,
Yeah sure.

This is a little bit more than a bodgied speeding ticket.

It's on going high level corruption and abuse of the state power.

Yeah sure.

If you want to get corrupt cops out of the system, its best that it doesn't cost millions each time. Otherwise you'll find the bureaucracy turning a blind eye just to avoid unworkable re-investigations.

Try to put at least one foot in the real world.
This example is completely irrelevant to the discussion. We aren't talking about someone adding a few km to the ticket to make it worse (although that is illegal and shows a lack of integrity), we're talking about someone who abused their position to gain hundreds of thousands of dollars - if not more - through deception and misconduct. If that's not a reasonable catalyst to dig deeper into their history, I don't know WTF could possibly merit it ever.

Last edited:
This is too funny...I have to highlight the excuse that Former NSW Police Minister Matt brown has when caught with the drug Ice

Former police minister Matt Brown caught with drug ice in Queensland
Full Article Here
"Mr Brown disputed media reports that he admitted to police he had purchased the drug, instead telling the Herald he found the drug on the ground while walking around the city.

"I notice a small satchel of a drug when I went on a walk to get money," Mr Brown said.

He said he could not have purchased the drug "as my wallet was left on the plane". He then purchased a glass pipe from a tobacconist for the purpose of consuming the drug.

"I was tempted by my curiosity due to the find," he said. "As it turned out, I forgot about the illegality of it until it fell out of my pocket that evening and was witnessed by someone."

This example is completely irrelevant to the discussion. We aren't talking about someone adding a few km to the ticket to make it worse (although that is illegal and shows a lack of integrity), we're talking about someone who abused their position to gain hundreds of thousands of dollars - if not more - through deception and misconduct. If that's not a reasonable catalyst to dig deeper into their history, I don't know WTF could possibly merit it ever.

Do you really think this happens.
It could potentially cost millions to get rid of a corrupt cop.
So instead of creating transparency, you would have people turning a blind eye simply to avoid the paperwork.

Trying putting just one foot in reality.

This is too funny...I have to highlight the excuse that Former NSW Police Minister Matt brown has when caught with the drug Ice

Full Article Here
"Mr Brown disputed media reports that he admitted to police he had purchased the drug, instead telling the Herald he found the drug on the ground while walking around the city.

"I notice a small satchel of a drug when I went on a walk to get money," Mr Brown said.

He said he could not have purchased the drug "as my wallet was left on the plane". He then purchased a glass pipe from a tobacconist for the purpose of consuming the drug.

"I was tempted by my curiosity due to the find," he said. "As it turned out, I forgot about the illegality of it until it fell out of my pocket that evening and was witnessed by someone."

That is hilarious.

Gee, the excuse is pretty funny, but reading the story is pretty sad, the guys ****ed his life up totally. Pretty common outcome of getting into ice though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you really think this happens.
It could potentially cost millions to get rid of a corrupt cop.
So instead of creating transparency, you would have people turning a blind eye simply to avoid the paperwork.

Trying putting just one foot in reality.
What? I'm saying that's what should happen. I understand there are limited resource that mean there are limited avenues for recourse and investigation etc. Of course. But that doesn't change the principle.

What? I'm saying that's what should happen. I understand there are limited resource that mean there are limited avenues for recourse and investigation etc. Of course. But that doesn't change the principle.

You are making the gross generalisation that anyone who commits a crime , would not baulk at committing any other crime.

Obtaining property by deceit obviously means she is willing to put innocents behind bars and no doubt molest their children as well.:rolleyes:
She was investigated and found to have behaved in this manner for 18 months.
There may well have been a cursory investigation into other activities.
But a review of the work of someones career is probably a bit over the top.

You are making the gross generalisation that anyone who commits a crime , would not baulk at committing any other crime.

Obtaining property by deceit obviously means she is willing to put innocents behind bars and no doubt molest their children as well.:rolleyes:

I often see people on this site misinterpret extremely basic points and i don't know if they are trolling or just very simple.

SS noone is claiming she has done more than she has been caught doing. The original point was that she should be investigated further especially in the cases where people are doing time because of her. We dont want people sitting in jail when they shouldn't be.

She has proven she is dodgy af so ensuring people's sentencing is valid is totally reasonable.

It wasn't just a one off opportunist crime. She planned a few different felonies. I think it's a fair assumption that she felt free to generally abuse her position as an officer of the law and may have committed other crimes during the course of her duties.

Nice attempt to twist what I am saying to the most extreme end possible in order to make it seem ridiculous, but you've only succeeding in painting your post as such. I never said they are therefore capable of any other crime. In fact I don't think I have said anything about the person's character that the officer hasn't already make clear by virtue of being a fraudster who abused their position for personal gain at the expense of others.

If you think an organisation that found one of their members committing fraud would be meeting their due dilligance requirements by simply not looking over the other similar situations that person has been involved in, you're mad. It's literally the first thing any company would do, and they are only doing it for their own benefit. The police would be doing themselves a service AND meeting their moral obligation to ensure nobody else has been screwed over. I really have no idea why this is such a sticking point for you - it's so plainly obvious that I don't know how else to explain this concept.

A review of anything else that she was involved in going back a reasonable time where there was potential for her to financially gain is not over the top. It would be common sense and accountability from police. That's all I am suggesting they should be obligated to do.

The fact that she has illegally used the police database for personal gain should be a massive klaxon as she is willing to break very well known rules for police officers.

That alone should be cause for a very close look at what other police powers she has abused during her tenure.

Full Article Here

LOLWUT?!

Did they piss test him? I bet they didn't.

It's the excuse you might use in high school when you get busted for something.

A former police minister!

giphy.gif

The fact that she has illegally used the police database for personal gain should be a massive klaxon as she is willing to break very well known rules for police officers.

That alone should be cause for a very close look at what other police powers she has abused during her tenure.

The database thing kind of suggests she was new/crappy at it. I'm no police insider but i've heard quite a bit that they have tractability on who is using their database.
It seems to be one of their best anti-corruption tools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back