Competition Polish Devils - national team kit & logo

An update for everyone: We've uploaded all the received designs (Bigfooty and non-Bigfooty) to this drive: ````

That's so everyone can see all the entries.

Mozzie_Squad - there was already a very similar one to yours entered. But if that design is chosen then we'll go for yours, because at least you put the logo on your one.

I'm just seeing one jumper at the moment, might need to fix up the link.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
polanddevils2.png

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks very much for all the designs! I will close the comp on Sunday afternoon (Warsaw time) and put a poll up on our FB page. Might give it a day or two for voting after that.

Thanks very much for all the designs! I will close the comp on Sunday afternoon (Warsaw time) and put a poll up on our FB page. Might give it a day or two for voting after that.
Will my full presentation be put onto the poll or just the jumper like you have it in the google drive folder? I put a decent amount of effort into the whole thing so I'd like to have the overall design put up rather than just the jumper, no one else has had pieces removed from their entry like that.

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will my full presentation be put onto the poll or just the jumper like you have it in the google drive folder? I put a decent amount of effort into the whole thing so I'd like to have the overall design put up rather than just the jumper, no one else has had pieces removed from their entry like that.

Nah I’ll put up the whole thing. Just had to get the jumpers onto the drive so people didn’t make very similar entries.

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So we had a tie for both jumpers and logo. Going to have a final face off between the top 2 results for both. Coming back to this tomorrow with the results.

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Results are in:

The winning logo entry was a Bigfooty entry from magpienato

5.png

The winning jumper design did not come from Bigfooty. It looks like this:

15.png

The highest-voted design out of the Bigfooty entries is fancyscum (cropped image below) which came third and edged out Magpienato's by a vote (in 4th)

6.jpg

Would you guys mind shooting me a PM to organize the prizes?

The surprising thing from the competition was the Poles' taste for very simple/traditional designs which I did not expect at all. Almost all of the AFL Europe nations wear "designed" uniforms - i.e. not your run of the mill stripes, yokes or tri-panels.

Also (maybe not so surprising) was their "passionate" approach to choosing the logo. It was between the one above vs Mistilis 's design (the footy with the horns). We had three ties between them before making a decision. Blokes were almost ready to punch on I thought...

Thanks for everyone's efforts!

Congratulations magpienato for taking out the logo design! Also, well done to whoever designed the jumper, it will look great when it is made up, and to fancyscum for having the highest rated BF design

And to MoscowHawk - well done on running such a smooth competition! Compared to some outside comps that we've seen, this has definitely been one of the best. Gibbsy - this deserves a green tick in the outside comps MegaThread

Congrats magpienato on your logo getting up and thanks to MoscowHawk for putting the whole thing on. The great showing by FJGD here will hopefully encourage more folks to come on here and get some quality work from our community!

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Guess I'll throw my ring in the hat.
View attachment 628008
The demon trident refers to, well, the namesake of the team. As for the colours, the red used is the exact red on the flag, but if it looks off I have another version with a stronger red. Both designs can be worn with red or white shorts so I didn't feel the need to include them.

I'll do some cool branding graphics like fancy did with his after work tonight :thumbsu:

Until then let me know what you think MoscowHawk :)

Oh my, this guernsey is f****ng mint.

No, really. Sign me up for a home and away membership with social club privileges.

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Update on this - not only did we have the best guernsey and the best logo - we also had a blast at the tournament. As it was our first Euro Cup, it was always going to be hard to win a game. But Jesus.. the boys gave everything they had and left nothing on the field. Unfortunately, we had a couple of hospitalizations due to the fact that we may have gone a bit hard. But everyone was proud of their performance. And the Devils moniker and branding is here to stay.

Thanks for your support!

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A lot of folks who supported us have been asking for guernseys and merch. We only produced enough for the ram as the budget was tight but we are considering now printing more. Plus T-shirts, singles, caps etc. This would be a way of raising funds for the development of the game.

I’d be more than happy to take orders if anyone’s interested. :)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
A lot of folks who supported us have been asking for guernseys and merch. We only produced enough for the ram as the budget was tight but we are considering now printing more. Plus T-shirts, singles, caps etc. This would be a way of raising funds for the development of the game.

I’d be more than happy to take orders if anyone’s interested. :)
Just out of interest, what are the prices like?

Back