Polish up the knuckle-dusters: It's Geelong Cup time!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Only a small field of 7 runners will contest this year's Geelong Cup, in what has become over the past few years, the best form guide to the Melbourne Cup, having provided winners Dunaden, Americain, Media Puzzle as well as several place getters in the race.

Once again it looks like the foreign raiders will get the chocolates in this one, with Gatewood and Brigantin very highly rated.

Maluckyday needs to win to gain entry into the Melbourne Cup, but I just can't see it getting past the internationals.

My money will be on Brigantin, but whoever wins this race, I'll be on them each-way next Tuesday.

If there was a pick your own field in this race I would be all over Exceptionally to beat Maluckyday home.
The Doctor doesn't like this

Only a small field of 7 runners will contest this year's Geelong Cup, in what has become over the past few years, the best form guide to the Melbourne Cup, having provided winners Dunaden, Americain, Media Puzzle as well as several place getters in the race.
Once again it looks like the foreign raiders will get the chocolates in this one, with Gatewood and Brigantin very highly rated.
Maluckyday needs to win to gain entry into the Melbourne Cup, but I just can't see it getting past the internationals.

He actually is already comfortably in the Melbourne Cup field

seth

I'm tempted to back Exceptionally in this.

Obviously not as classy as the euro's, but what he does have is exposed form, from the Naturalism/Herbet Power. Price is slightly skinny at the moment, but if he gets out to $8+, I'll look at having a bet.

TDB has no 2400m form & there looks to be nil pace in the race.
Happy to see the money for Brigantin as Gatewood is the one who is versatile,has Boss
& needs to win.

seth

He's $4 to $3 already & with this wave of MC support,he'll start $2.5
That Umberto,he's clearly a gun

seth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 7 in it means Exceptionality won't be 10 lengths off at the turn, needs to win to get into the Melbourne Cup.

Love to have 10 E/W multi on this to do the double at 7's & 61's (427-1). Luxbet take off 75% (Back to a lousy 107-1) for having the same horse in a multi, who has the best rates on these types of bets?

As a disclaimer - Dom did have Glencadam Gold clearly on top in last week's Caulfield Cup - so don't treat this as gospel - but he is a pretty smart guy.

Well "you know" I think Glencadam Gold wins "you know".

Have taken Briga on the hype into Buffering for a grand collect yesterday, first leg worries me more than second..

If Brigantin cant beat TDB tomorrow over 2400m on a dry track,Ill be keeping my longterm bets

seth

??? Surely you wouldn't expect him to if you view him as a 4000m horse?
The track looks the big issue for TDB tomorrow though.

I have little doubt he doesnt have the sprint required to win a Melbourne Cup however he has to be wound
up to win @ Geelong or they are in serious danger of missing a run.
Clearly TDB is there for a prep run as there is no need for anything else,if he still beats Brigantin on supposedly unsuitable ground giving him weight.......

seth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back