Polish up the knuckle-dusters: It's Geelong Cup time!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've layed Gatewood for 5 units and I might try lay for another 3-5 tomorrow as I think he's way unders.

Which part?
Mick Kent declared its a prep run only & Brigantin is 30 in OOE & needs a dry track

seth

I don't get why you wouldn't?

The fact that seth's worry is a that Brigatin is to dour for the Melbourne Cup but is happy to right the horse off on the back of a 2400m run.

I guess its a question of:
4000m horse really trying but over a distance that may be unsuitable v horse having run but potentially over its preferred distance

Some chance this race might not tell us much - as TDB's improvement due to fitness could be offset by Brigatin's improvement over further ground?

The fact that seth's worry is a that Brigatin is to dour for the Melbourne Cup but is happy to right the horse off on the back of a 2400m run.

I guess its a question of:
4000m horse really trying but over a distance that may be unsuitable v horse having run but potentially over its preferred distance

Some chance this race might not tell us much - as TDB's improvement due to fitness could be offset by Brigatin's improvement over further ground?

Of course. Given TDB is in the field for the MC and Brigatin is not, I think it seriously affects how things play out. Of course, in a smaller field, bit more margin for error.

He's 1st up & wound up to get a penalty he needs,if he's ever gunna have freshness in his legs its 1st up.
See Shahwardi who for me was in exactly the same boat but was too good for the 2nd level stayers 1st up despite not having won for 3 years.

IMO he may be too good for ours again but personally doubt he'll beat Gatewood.
This doesnt mean he'll suddenly have this sprint against the A graders in 2 weeks time though.
Either way its just another great lead in to the Great Race

seth

While the TDB v Brig debate is interesting - obviously the main objective is to find the winner! I am with Seth and have GATEWOOD on top - hopefully there is support for the frenchies and his price drifts out to $4 or so.

I'll take him to win and the following Exacta.

1st - Gate/Brig
2nd - Gate/Brig/TDB/CM

I'll take him to win and the following Exacta.

1st - Gate/Brig
2nd - Gate/Brig/TDB/CM

Thinking of toying around with the possibility of a first 4 with a similar approach.

Gate
Brig
Except/TDB/
Except/TBD/CM/MLD

For X amount of times

Than as a semi-cover bet doing the same with Brig/Gate flipped for Half/Third the Amount of times.

6 combos and the F4 could pay $25-$30 with a bit of luck (especially if all the interest keeps coming for brig)

Seems a bit of a feeling here, even though i have a pre post on Brigantin for the MC, i will just watch this race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you see Brigantin's run in the Longchamp 4000 metres it's all about, as Seth said, whether they can wind him up to run his race at 2400m.

Brigantin has the black/white striped hat.

Brigantin needs a penalty to qualify for the Melbourne Cup, any chance TDB is running just to try and block Brigantin qualifying for the first Tuesday? Beat him in the Geelong Cup and TDB potentially dismisses a major competitor over the distance of the Melbourne Cup. Brigantin might still make it to the Melbourne Cup but without a win in Geelong is no guarantee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back