Politics political compass(take the test)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure mine should be closer to the middle, and further towards the Libertarian side:

chart

However this is an American test, so it's harder for us to end up in the right half!

I've done this test about half-a-dozen times since 2009, and I do drift around a little. I'm always in the green quadrant, with my average position being just below the horizontal line and about three-quarters of the way towards the left. Sometimes I've drifted towards the right, but I've never been right of the vertical line.

Like other posters, I suspect that growing up in Australia imbues one with certain economic views that are considered very leftist by the American creators of this quiz. Funny how whenever the website's operators analyse Australian politicians, both Labor and Liberal end up very rightist in their opinion.

1478634327396.jpg

Looks like i'm 'smoking Costanza'.

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.9

chart

Around 5-6 years ago i was as left as now i am right. About the same libertarian/authoritarian though.

Draw a straight line from Stalin to Gandhi and I'm just above the line in the red quadrant.

There's some pretty vague questions in there.

chart

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.77

Basically same area as this on the left-right scale but only 3 lines from the bottom on the Y axis - seems I have become more protectionist economically and more socially liberal over the last few years.

No wonder I have no political party to vote for!

Agree some of the questions are quite leading, particularly if you see yourself in the middle on a topic.

For example, i agreed with "people who can afford to pay should be able to get better health care" because fundamentally i prioritise my health and would pay an appropriate amount if better than public care was or is available.

Had the question been "health care should be user pays, or you miss out if you can't afford it" then I'd disagree.

I thought I'd come out a bit more authoritarian, as alluded to earlier i just think we need democratically decided and applied rules, especially for those that make poor decisions that end up costing a social democracy anyway.

I'm tipping the religion and sex questions, which were basic no brainer "libertarian yes" answers for me affected that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92

chart

chart

Did feel like the wording on the economic questions was bias to push answers toward the left side. They need a middle option of 'do not agree or disagree' as that would provide a more accurate depiction of peoples voting intentions and values IMO when you get to properly see what issues they prioritise.

Which questions specifically?

If I didn't fell strongly one way or the other I just picked agree or disagree - its a fair point though - it would be interesting how much agree is weighted compared to strongly agree for example.

Did feel like the wording on the economic questions was bias to push answers toward the left side. They need a middle option of 'do not agree or disagree' as that would provide a more accurate depiction of peoples voting intentions and values IMO when you get to properly see what issues they prioritise.

I'd agree with this...there were certain questions where I wanted a fifth option somewhere in the middle.

I've had a chance to revisit this compass test and I really don't think it accurately defines your position.

I've definitely become more and more conservative over the years, and yet the questions always lead me to the same Gandhi point on the grid. There are so many factors that are not considered. Sometimes I find myself agreeing with the far right on certain issues, but more centrist on others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back