Society/Culture Political Correctness is the Scourge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CheapCharlie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
You're off chops when you talk about anything to do with women.

Yes, there are horrible women out there doing horrible things to nice men. This shit happens and no-one in their right mind is cool with this. Having said that more men commit damaging domestic violence against women, this is a fact. for someone that loves to talk about biological differences, you seem to brain fart the difference in male/female strength out of your mind when talking about domestic violence.

Also, you do not understand that patriarchal structures and how they disadvantage men as well as women. You make out like there is this gender war going on whereby the women want to take your non-existent power away. I'm more concerned with class than feminist issues if I'm honest. Having said that I won't stand by and let men minimalise and trivialise violence against women. DV is an issue, sexual assault against women is still an issue, sexual harassment against women is still an issue. All these things need to be addressed and can be addressed without dismissing the fact that men can be victims of shit women. I have seen first-hand cases where judges have favoured the guy because the woman was showing signs of narcissism / or BPD. I've spoken to psychologists about family court cases, we're all aware that shit women exist. There isn't this blanket, women = victim bullshit consensus you keep wheeling out.

Like are you Aspergers? You are very black and white and don't seem to get grey. OR you have been so monumentally fkd by a woman/women that you are beyond help and will carry on the rest of your life feeling victimised by them.

And that is all.
Either there is Patriarchal structures and women do want to take away the power from men, from these structures
or
There isn't patriarchal structures (as you say , 'non-existent power away'), and so there is no power to take away.

It cant be both things used when it suits winning different points in an argument

CM86

Anindilyakwa
AFL Club
St Kilda
I can see how misrepresenting him is a part of your repertoire, but if you read very carefully you will see that he's asking a question to lawyers.
In my opinion, he knows his audience, and he knows what specific terminology will illicit the best response from his target audience.
You're a good example.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Either there is Patriarchal structures and women do want to take away the power from men, from these structures
or
There isn't patriarchal structures (as you say , 'non-existent power away'), and so there is no power to take away.

It cant be both things used when it suits winning different points in an argument
There are patriarchal structures that disadvantage some men as well as women. I am not trying to make it both things to win an argument. You're just cherry-picking a line out of my entire post and using it out of context because it suits you to divert the point of my post or "win an argument".

owen87

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
There are patriarchal structures that disadvantage some men as well as women. I am not trying to make it both things to win an argument. You're just cherry-picking a line out of my entire post and using it out of context because it suits you to divert the point of my post or "win an argument".
Take your patriarchy commentary to the feminism thread thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its free real estate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle

CM86

Anindilyakwa
AFL Club
St Kilda

CheapCharlie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
You were having it both ways in what u said.
Anyway, patriarchy and patriarchal structures are a feminist creation... they dont exist in any intentional or impactful way..if they exist at all

its free real estate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
What??

While educating students about periods, some students are told that if they are born of the female sex, but at some point identify as a male gender, they will still have their period... is a bad thing?

And somehow it's comparable to climate change???
Yes, it is a bad thing. Men don’t get periods.

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tim Paine, Tim Cahill
Top Bottom