AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Report: Las Vegas professor shot himself in arm to protest Trump
By Rio Lacanlale
Las Vegas Review-Journal
September 11, 2018 - 6:21 pm

A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day of classes.

Mark J. Bird, 69, was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property, court records show. He was found bleeding from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his arm about 8:15 a.m. on Aug. 28 outside a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.

Inside the bathroom, campus police found a $100 bill taped to a mirror along with a note that said, “For the janitor,” according to Bird’s arrest report. On the floor of the restroom was a black-and-white, .22-caliber pistol and one spent shell casing.

The sociology professor was hired Aug. 26, 1993, and was an emeritus faculty member at the time of the shooting, college spokesman Richard Lake said. Bird was not scheduled to teach any courses during the fall 2018 semester.

Bird was employed with the college as of Tuesday, although Lake said it was not clear what disciplinary actions, if any, would be taken against him.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...ofessor-shot-himself-in-arm-to-protest-trump/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Whilst I completely agree with what is stated in that video it is not good for argument for common sense for this reason.

• Those who are being identified in that video i:e those who criticize star wars films for not pointing out slavery enough will likely label that video as a profanity laden rant while deliberately ignoring what the video is pointing out.
I get the frustration and the way old mate displays it, couldn't be any clearer than that. But you and I and everyone else knows that people like the ones that withdraw authors names from over 100 years ago from awards because of racial stereotyping will use the profanity as a deflect to attempt to take away any merit in the video content.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whilst I completely agree with what is stated in that video it is not good for argument for common sense for this reason.

• Those who are being identified in that video i:e those who criticize star wars films for not pointing out slavery enough will likely label that video as a profanity laden rant while deliberately ignoring what the video is pointing out.
I get the frustration and the way old mate displays it, couldn't be any clearer than that. But you and I and everyone else knows that people like the ones that withdraw authors names from over 100 years ago from awards because of racial stereotyping will use the profanity as a deflect to attempt to take away any merit in the video content.
I don't think our 'perpetually outraged' have distanced themselves from using profanity just yet.
From my experience they are quite the masters of using it.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I don't think our 'perpetually outraged' have distanced themselves from using profanity just yet.
From my experience they are quite the masters of using it.
Perpetually outraged.:thumbsu: Masters or not is irrelevant as everyone knows the video content is logic pointing out the ridiculous. The point is the viewpoint that video targets will deflect the logic with " just some whitey righty being outraged using profanity" argument in an attempt to justify such things as criticising star wars films for their lack of identifying slavery.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Great piece from Haidt as to how contemporay parenting has contributed to the snowflake generation and the rise of mental illness.

If you think you're being a good parent by shielding your kids from the world and/or attempting to modify the world to suit that goal, then you better think again.

(Time stamped to relevant section)

Top Bottom