Society/Culture Political Correctness is the Scourge

Contra Mundum

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Actually, you have unwittingly provided an excellent example with this post.

Political correctness is the disingenuous misinterpretation of something in order to virtue signal.

Well done.
I see - you demonstrate your superior virtue over us poor empty headed SJWs continuously - on my Map of Meaning anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
I see - you demonstrate your superior virtue over us poor empty headed SJWs continuously - on my Map of Meaning anyway

It's called making an example of the primary group using this political tactic by highlighting the ways in which, in public, their self-perceived virtue is exaggerated and cherry-picked specifically for public vision.

Last edited:

Contra Mundum

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
It's called making an example of the primary group using this political tactic by highlighting the ways in which, in public, their self-perceived virtue is exaggerated and cherry-picked specifically for public vision.
If someone objected to calling a First Nations person a “B**** or a female Aboriginal person a “g$n” - would that be political correctness gone mad?

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
If someone objected to calling a First Nations person a “B**** or a female Aboriginal person a “g$n” - would that be political correctness gone mad?

If that person is in consultation with the other party and can truthfully speak on their behalf, there's nothing wrong with the objection.

Wholesale, targeted vigilante enforcement by a group of unrelated zealots who express their need to see the person burn is virtue signalling in the true sense of the phrase.

It could even be said that by trying to turn the term against those who launched it, you're guilty of cultural misappropriation.

Contra Mundum

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
If that person is in consultation with the other party and can truthfully speak on their behalf, there's nothing wrong with the objection.

Wholesale, targeted vigilante enforcement by a group of unrelated zealots who express their need to see the person burn is virtue signalling in the true sense of the phrase.

It could even be said that by trying to turn the term against those who launched it, you're guilty of cultural misappropriation.
There is a conflation between what happens outside lecture theatres and what happens during the actual teaching

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
There is a conflation between what happens outside lecture theatres and what happens during the actual teaching

What are you even referencing?

Are you trying to say that the neo-marxist theory taught isn't supposed to be taken literally and acted upon in reality?

Number37

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Actually, you have unwittingly provided an excellent example with this post.

Political correctness is the disingenuous misinterpretation of something in order to virtue signal.

Well done.
A made up thing is the dinsingenuous misinterpretation of something in order to do some other made up thing?

LOL.

Contra Mundum

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
What are you even referencing?

Are you trying to say that the neo-marxist theory taught isn't supposed to be taken literally and acted upon in reality?
No - it’s not taught in the majority of humanities courses. How many times!’n

Contra Mundum

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

So if a Group said that was offensive - then it would be wrong. I see

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
So if a Group said that was offensive - then it would be wrong. I see

No. A group does not equate to or represent the thoughts of an individual by virtue of being in a group (consentually or otherwise).

You don't see shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malifice

AFL Club
Carlton
Moderator #4,837
So you're saying I should just walk on past when I see a burning cross in my African neighbors front yard then?

Being a white, heterosexual, man, I can only speak for (and in favor of)... white, heterosexual men?

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
So you're saying I should just walk on past when I see a burning cross in my African neighbors front yard then?

Being a white, heterosexual, man, I can only speak for (and in favor of)... white, heterosexual men?
You can speak for anyone you like.

Just don't expect anyone who recognises blatant exaggeration of interest/association to listen.

smokingjacket

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
You can speak for anyone you like.

Just don't expect anyone who recognises blatant exaggeration of interest/association to listen.
You're literally describing identity politics. You're saying there are truths that can only be understood through racial experience.

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
You're literally describing identity politics. You're saying there are truths that can only be understood through racial experience.
Yes, and milking the experience of others for all the brownie points its worth by assuming representation is a disgusting act.

See: virtue signalling.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Yes, and milking the experience of others for all the brownie points its worth by assuming representation is a disgusting act.

See: virtue signalling.
interesting that you assume that's all anyone does it for. It's like you think that anything is only worth doing if it's solely for your own benefit

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
interesting that you assume that's all anyone does it for. It's like you think that anything is only worth doing if it's solely for your own benefit
Oh, that's not the only reason.

Alleviating one's own psyche of guilt would be another.

Top Bottom