Society/Culture Political Correctness is the Scourge

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
Softdownhillskiier doesn't like people who talk direct.
Genuinely horrible. I got fired from a company a few years ago for calling out a dickhead like that in person after he was a cvnt online - he went and cried to the boss because I continued the conversation face to face; and he felt uncomfortable talking about such "sensitive topics in person," I shit you not. Wouldn't be surprised if this guy was the exact type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soft Downhill Skier

2008-2010 wasn't me.
AFL Club
GWS
Genuinely horrible. I got fired from a company a few years ago for calling out a dickhead like that in person after he was a cvnt online - he went and cried to the boss because I continued the conversation face to face; and he felt uncomfortable talking about such "sensitive topics in person," I shit you not. Wouldn't be surprised if this guy was the exact type.
You're being a smart arse campaigner right now.

Jibroni

All Australian
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...s/news-story/c47314d7b3b09140d5a9466ab8e099fe

North Adelaide man banned by local pub for commenting on staff member’s shorts

A remark about a female employee’s shorts has earned a screenwriter a month-long ban from a North Adelaide pub for offensive behaviour.
Leonard Lee was buying a bottle of sauvignon blanc last month from the Royal Oak’s BWS drive-through on a 42-degree day when he said to a staff member he had been on friendly terms with; ‘nice to see you are in shorts’.

“She went a bit huffy and said ‘well it’s hot’,’’ the 72-year-old, who wrote the hit 1992 animated film Blinky Bill, said. “The comment didn’t mean anything.’'

Mr Lee said when he returned the next day to make another purchase he was approached by the venue manager who told him the employee had made a complaint about him in the workplace log.

“He said I had spoken to her in an inappropriate way, and made her feel uncomfortable,’’ Mr Lee said.

“I said ‘what’ because I was seriously flabbergasted. I don’t like sleazebags, I don’t like drunks abusing staff and I do not indulge in conversations which objectify women.
And yet I saw with my own eyes and bloke pratically verbally harassing another male bartender at a Eastern Suburbs establishment and nothing happens.

No casting stereotypes but seriously, Adelaide can really piss me off sometimes.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
You're being a smart arse campaigner right now.
Like I said before; I'm pretty open minded and pretty laid back - but having an exchange with you and seeing how you act with others I have zero respect for you, your opinion or whoever the **** you are behind your account.

Soft Downhill Skier

2008-2010 wasn't me.
AFL Club
GWS
Like I said before; I'm pretty open minded and pretty laid back - but having an exchange with you and seeing how you act with others I have zero respect for you, your opinion or whoever the **** you are behind your account.
Look, you've opened up a discussion. People asked you to back it up, some didn't think you could.

It's irrelevant to me what you think of anything. You can run into other threads calling people pissants and campaigners if you like.

But you should pull your head in. What do you reckon?

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
Look, you've opened up a discussion. People asked you to back it up, some didn't think you could.

It's irrelevant to me what you think of anything. You can run into other threads calling people pissants and campaigners if you like.

But you should pull your head in. What do you reckon?
You're 100% correct man. I really should pull my head in. I don't know what I've been doing with my life, what a waste. All these years I've been working hard; becoming successful in my field; raising two children; looking after my partner and family... All these years with no criminal issues... I should've known I had to pull my head in.

Thank you. I now see the light my friend.

Soft Downhill Skier

2008-2010 wasn't me.
AFL Club
GWS
You're 100% correct man. I really should pull my head in. I don't know what I've been doing with my life, what a waste. All these years I've been working hard; becoming successful in my field; raising two children; looking after my partner and family... All these years with no criminal issues... I should've known I had to pull my head in.

Thank you. I now see the light my friend.
With all due respect, who you are or aren't is irrelevant. Likewise, for me.

I asked you to explain your point properly. I don't think you did. You do. Move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon
As I keep reminding people in this thread, the only identity politics we have to be concerned about is white nationalist identity politics.

PC culture is a spook. There is a genuine scourge upon the West and it isn't a bunch of college kids angling for greater diversity or inclusiveness, it's reactionary rightwing politics, that imposes genuine censorship and attacks on freedom when in power and results in real, measurable violence amongst the population.

The public and politicians need to get wise to this.

Noidenous

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
My premise is correct, your thread is ridiculous.

PC culture is a spook used by reactionaries to create a shield of social victimhood and justify a propensity for violence and oppression.
Or it's something observed by everyone who isn't a brainwashed radical leftist.

TimmeT

Club Legend
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Or it's something observed by everyone who isn't a brainwashed radical leftist.
It is hilarious how certain flogs on here who not need to be named claim it is alright for extremist actions to be taken by groups such as ANTIFA such as engaging in violent behaviours towards other but then immediately have a problem with right wing violence of any size or type. If they were so much for peace and harmony why aren't they doing what most rational people in the centre on both sides are and condemning violence on both sides. I've got no time for entities like ANTIFA just like I got no time for nuts like the tools today.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
With all due respect, who you are or aren't is irrelevant. Likewise, for me.

I asked you to explain your point properly. I don't think you did. You do. Move on.
All this shit happening today makes me think - how petty I was with you last week! I apologise for my shit at you mate. There's too much shit in this world - I don't want to contribute even in a tiny way!

Sincere apologies.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon
It is hilarious how certain flogs on here who not need to be named claim it is alright for extremist actions to be taken by groups such as ANTIFA such as engaging in violent behaviours towards other but then immediately have a problem with right wing violence of any size or type. If they were so much for peace and harmony why aren't they doing what most rational people in the centre on both sides are and condemning violence on both sides. I've got no time for entities like ANTIFA just like I got no time for nuts like the tools today.
There is a difference between self defence and open acts of terror.

Zero acts of violent extremism from the left in the US in 2018, all acts were attributed to rightwing extremism.

TimmeT

Club Legend
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Top Bottom