Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe jazz is a politically incorrect term.

It should now be referred to a 'consistent-melody deficient music' which in no way means it's any less worthy of other music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heinlein got it a bit wrong -

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
— From Robert Heinlein’s Beyond This Horizon
ir

People are more likely to be armed with social media campaigns and their own spending power -

"Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his livelihood."
That's the most idiotic analogy I've read for some time.

Except Jazz is a term that actually means something - PC means anything in the hands of the right - including manners, kindness and being polite.

Actually, you have unwittingly provided an excellent example with this post.

Political correctness is the disingenuous misinterpretation of something in order to virtue signal.

Well done.

Actually, you have unwittingly provided an excellent example with this post.

Political correctness is the disingenuous misinterpretation of something in order to virtue signal.

Well done.

I see - you demonstrate your superior virtue over us poor empty headed SJWs continuously - on my Map of Meaning anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see - you demonstrate your superior virtue over us poor empty headed SJWs continuously - on my Map of Meaning anyway

It's called making an example of the primary group using this political tactic by highlighting the ways in which, in public, their self-perceived virtue is exaggerated and cherry-picked specifically for public vision.

Last edited:
It's called making an example of the primary group using this political tactic by highlighting the ways in which, in public, their self-perceived virtue is exaggerated and cherry-picked specifically for public vision.

If someone objected to calling a First Nations person a “B**** or a female Aboriginal person a “g$n” - would that be political correctness gone mad?

If someone objected to calling a First Nations person a “B**** or a female Aboriginal person a “g$n” - would that be political correctness gone mad?

If that person is in consultation with the other party and can truthfully speak on their behalf, there's nothing wrong with the objection.

Wholesale, targeted vigilante enforcement by a group of unrelated zealots who express their need to see the person burn is virtue signalling in the true sense of the phrase.

It could even be said that by trying to turn the term against those who launched it, you're guilty of cultural misappropriation.

If that person is in consultation with the other party and can truthfully speak on their behalf, there's nothing wrong with the objection.

Wholesale, targeted vigilante enforcement by a group of unrelated zealots who express their need to see the person burn is virtue signalling in the true sense of the phrase.

It could even be said that by trying to turn the term against those who launched it, you're guilty of cultural misappropriation.

There is a conflation between what happens outside lecture theatres and what happens during the actual teaching

There is a conflation between what happens outside lecture theatres and what happens during the actual teaching

What are you even referencing?

Are you trying to say that the neo-marxist theory taught isn't supposed to be taken literally and acted upon in reality?

So if a Group said that was offensive - then it would be wrong. I see

So if a Group said that was offensive - then it would be wrong. I see

No. A group does not equate to or represent the thoughts of an individual by virtue of being in a group (consentually or otherwise).

You don't see s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back