Discussion Political Correctness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fact that my granddaughters can grow up playing footy.

My daughter played AFL in rural Queensland until she was 12. She was taller than the boys and played ruck. She loved it. She learned how to put her body in position to protect the smaller adept players who would gather the ball and deliver it forward. She also pushed up to CHF and led the creation of a wall to keep the ball in their forward line. She was verbal and understood what she needed to do and was a real leader.

She wasn't allowed to play at age 13.

Girls didn't have a separate change room. There weren't enough girls playing to form one team let alone a league.

She dropped out and played roller hockey.

My granddaughters have more choice. They can play in mixed teams when they are young, or find an all girl comp. but their parents will have to travel further. There is a whole infrastructure set up now where girls can follow a pathway which can lead to a career in footy.

I believe this is wonderful.

The pathway for my daughter was a dead end at 12 years of age.

If there is no ultimate competition (AFLW) to aspire to, the pathway for women would end somewhere short of that and that wouldn't represent equality of opportunity. For those girls / women who wish to chase this dream, I am all for it.

There are those that seem to think that the main goal in sports (in general) is the spectator entertainment, but the vast majority of the achievement in sports is the participation and development of skills, tactics and fitness. I think the entertainment is a byproduct of the excellence of their skills. The players are the major beneficiaries in almost every level of the sport, not the spectators. The vast majority of the spectators roll out to see the highest level of the sport, but that highest level would not be what it is without the pathway from junior all the way to professional level/s. Team sports are contributory to many other aspects of life.

Why would we continue to deny half the population the opportunity to fulfill their sporting goals, allowing them to become what they aspire to?

When my mother finished year 10 matriculation, she gained the highest academic score in the school, but the Dux was awarded to the male who finished third in the school - and this was accepted because only men went on to university.

Those days have changed. We have almost twice as many geniuses leading our society now, because women have an almost equal path to men.

I'm not saying that women will be able to compete on the same playing field as men, although I would love to see some supernaturally skilled female player tearing the men a new one, one day. The women deserve the right to play AFL if they want to. It only makes sense for them to set up the whole structure and provide a pathway using the lessons learned from the pathway to excellence for men.

What you say is partially true, its easier now for abuse victims to leave their partner, but you can't attribute the total increase in divorces over the last few decades to women leaving abusive men.
And you can’t attribute it to labor. The bloke or women who said that is living in the past. I’d say the 60’s when women cooked and the men worked. Great times. Let’s get back to that. Fancy a girl wanting to play footy. Netball or nothing. Girl jockeys. What’s going on there. Michelle Payne hand back your cup trophy please. Get back in kitchen. Labor caused Michelle to become a jockey

And you can’t attribute it to labor. The bloke or women who said that is living in the past. I’d say the 60’s when women cooked and the men worked. Great times. Let’s get back to that. Fancy a girl wanting to play footy. Netball or nothing. Girl jockeys. What’s going on there. Michelle Payne hand back your cup trophy please. Get back in kitchen. Labor caused Michelle to become a jockey

Have you been up all night plugger!

Your humor will be lost on some!!

Have you been up all night plugger!

Your humor will be lost on some!!
No just woke up. Wondering if I work or stay in bed Just got the misses to put the bath on for me and to make breakfast. Then I told her to go shopping. Sorry that was a dream. I forgot I was divorced. Bloody labor caused it.

Absolutely parents should take responsibility for their kids and I'm no different. The reason why its so important to fight back against the cultural marxism is so that our job doesn't become impossible. It almost already is. Just about every film, tv show, news story, advertising, and now even our kids school curriculum is filled with this marxist propaganda changing the way everyone thinks, the way they behave, and the choices they make.

". And what’s happening to him predates the bible, and will keep happening until the sun goes supernova."

Yes, but the key consideration is how much it happens, and how much damage it does. As the gay propagandaists will tell you:

"The principle behind this advice is simple: almost any behavior begins to look normal if you are exposed to enough of it at close quarters and among your acquaintances. The acceptability of the new behavior will ultimately hinge on the number of one's fellows doing it or accepting it. "

So the more immorality like Barnaby's gets normalised, the more it happens, and the more damage is done to all the people it affects.

Here's the thing though, I grew up with a kid my age, he was a close family friend we saw them most weekends. By the time he was 5 we knew he was gay, we'd want to ride our BMX off the shed roof into the pool, he'd want to choreograph musicals. We'd burn our toy cars, he'd want to redecorate our rooms for us. His parents tried everything to man him up but he just didn't want to change, it's like it was inbuilt in him and he couldn't do anything about it.

My mum had lots of arty friends in the entertainment industry. One in particularly was super gay and flamboyant and openly expressing himself...like I remember he had a whole floor at the Hyatt back in the 80s for a party, his cake had giant dicks cast in chocolate instead of candles (yep, super gay). Anyway long story short, me and my brother were exposed to the glamorous side of gay life. It looked pretty good, no kids, heaps of money, jet setting huge lux house. Only we didn't have any interest in men.

Not only did I not turn gay, I'm didn't even get a better sense of style and I'm a bit blind to mess around the house according to my wife. The only people who are going to run off and become gay from being exposed is gay people.

What does Labor have to do with my comment?

And what in my comment suggested women's roles should be the same as they were in the 60s?

My statement that you commented on had everything to do with Labor. Im not a mind reader and certainly couldn't read yours.

No, I expressed a view that domestic abuse wasn't the sole cause of broken marriages. It was you who dishonestly inferred that I think women should be living as they did in the 60s. Not a mind reader? Well you're pretending to be one. Give up mowing lawns mate, there's a job for you in journalism. Perhaps the ABC are hiring?

A really good documentary on Netflix called Maiden about the first all female team to compete in the around the world race in the 80's. Amazing some of the male attitudes towards women of the day.

No, I expressed a view that domestic abuse wasn't the sole cause of broken marriages. It was you who dishonestly inferred that I think women should be living as they did in the 60s. Not a mind reader? Well you're pretending to be one. Give up mowing lawns mate, there's a job for you in journalism. Perhaps the ABC are hiring?

I think there is more than just gender equality that has changed society. The generation of my grandparents was all about self sacrifice and often the men hated their jobs but sacrificed their happiness to keep families together. Like the Japanese salary man stereo type, they did a duty. My parents are baby boomers, their attitude is all about self interest and individualism. Both ides of politics promote the idea that we are all individuals who express ourselves through our consumer choices.

Dull *, single income, self-sacrificial, sole income families can't afford to spend much unless you pay them huge amounts. Corporations want you to go out and have midlife crises or relive your youth at 30. They want you to believe that expensive hair and skin treatments will make you connect with yourself, the new MacBook Pro will release all your creativity and define you as a little bit different and special (just like all the other millions that bought them), buying an Audi AWD will define you as adventurous and outdoorsy etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back