Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his death yesterday, I have been thinking what contribution Robert James Lee Hawke made to Australian Society.

Well, I don’t think we will see another politician in the mould of Bob. He was one of a kind. He did so much for society with the reforms, with environmental concerns.

His legacy will live on forever.

The pity is today’s politician are not worth a penny.

Vale Robert James Lee Hawke.

Since his death yesterday, I have been thinking what contribution Robert James Lee Hawke made to Australian Society.

Well, I don’t think we will see another politician in the mould of Bob. He was one of a kind. He did so much for society with the reforms, with environmental concerns.

His legacy will live on forever.

The pity is today’s politician are not worth a penny.

Vale Robert James Lee Hawke.

Bon Scott was the front man, but Angus the one who shaped policy.

Hawke was the front man, Keating who shaped policy.

Of course he does, who do you think taught Tony everything he knows about political tribalism.

One thing you could never question about Howard is his loyalty, Howard has always been loyal to a fault. No greater example of that was when he was refused to condemn Pell even after he was convicted. He was never going to pot Tony, it's just not in his DNA.

Last edited:
Of course he does, who do the think taught Tony everything he knows about political tribalism.

One thing you could never question about Howard is his loyalty, Howard has always been loyal to a fault. No greater example of that was when he was refused to condemn Pell even after he was convicted. He was never going to pot Tony, it's just not in his DNA.
While he may not have potted Tony, he was also far more gracious in his own comments re: Hawke.

Best thing for the Libs this election is Abbott Dutton and co losing their seats

Its definitely what I want to happen, but the problem exists at branch level. They'll just preselect the latest versions of those people. That's assuming that these guys don't get resurrected in 3 years time anyway.

Its definitely what I want to happen, but the problem exists at branch level. They'll just preselect the latest versions of those people. That's assuming that these guys don't get resurrected in 3 years time anyway.

They'll probably surface for the Conservatives.

Mind you, the Conservatives have become pretty quiet since they stopped being Bob Day's play toy.

Shortens tax thing seems pretty sensible to me, dunno if he'll lose much support, prolly gain uf anything

I pay myself from my business through a discretionary trust.
I am the only beneficiary. 100 % of yearly profits go to me.
Currently I like all Australians would pay about $8,788 tax on my $50 K per year. $41,212. After tax.
If labour implement a 30% tax on discretionary trust payments which is their policy.
I will be taxed $18,848 lowering my after tax income to $31,152.

I will then need to close down my small business possibly, which I have been growing for about five years just as I’m starting to get return clients and year on year growth.

Also losing all the money spent on a trust structure implemented for asset protection.

I’ve voted Labour for 34 years.
I’ll be putting labour last this time. I am majorly concerned with there attack on small business and middle income families, retirees, property investors (saving for retirement) disguised as going after the wealthy. This next tier down will be hurt most.

I pay myself from my business through a discretionary trust.
I am the only beneficiary. 100 % of yearly profits go to me.
Currently I like all Australians would pay about $8,788 tax on my $50 K per year. $41,212. After tax.
If labour implement a 30% tax on discretionary trust payments which is their policy.
I will be taxed $18,848 lowering my after tax income to $31,152.

I will then need to close down my small business possibly, which I have been growing for about five years just as I’m starting to get return clients and year on year growth.

Also losing all the money spent on a trust structure implemented for asset protection.

I’ve voted Labour for 34 years.
I’ll be putting labour last this time. I am majorly concerned with there attack on small business and middle income families, retirees, property investors (saving for retirement) disguised as going after the wealthy. This next tier down will be hurt most.

I don't think 'Labour' whoever they are will miss your vote. You could try restructuring instead, but you’re a top bloke

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think 'Labour' whoever they are will miss your vote. You could try restructuring instead, you’re a top bloke
Yes I can but a ******* bag of expense after an initial ******* bag of expense possibly with less effectiveness. The clearly have a problem with hard working very small businesses

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I can but a ******* bag of expense after an initial ******* bag of expense possibly with less effectiveness. The clearly have a problem with hard working very small businesses

Maybe, maybe not. Sorry for being a dick. That sucks for you if they bring those changes in. I'm guessing there is some other reason they are going after these types of trust set ups beyond simply wanting to * small businesses. It is altogether possible that the actual legislative changes will be different to the policy and have exemptions. I can understand where they are coming from when it is people with trusts and they distribute the income to a bunch of beneficiaries, but the income is theirs in reality.

Edit: You being a sole beneficiary, that sucks. You're not taking advantage of anyone there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Election Day!

My booth is set up!

Be nice in here today!!

Vote Greens!

Won’t matter what I vote today, so going with Palmer in the Reps be sure I feel sorry for him and HEMP in the senate. Both will end up in the hands of a major and I really don’t care which one gets it. As long as I don’t register as a primary vote for either.

As someone old enough to remember Hawke, find it amusing to see him get put up to sainthood.

I mean I like Hawke, probably think he was lucky to have Keating as his 2IC but in the time of #METOO, he seems to have gotten a free ride in his death, he was the original pussy grabber. Find it very hypocritical of Labor women to stay silent about BOB, guess an election is way more important than the truth...quite sad really.

Not being a prick here but he was more than feared on flights for hand up the skirt treatment to the air hostess...and that is what I have first hand knowledge on, doubt it would have ended there...but there is every Labor female candidate shutting their mouth at election time.

Like vote who you want to but....if you were going to vote for Labor, draw a big dick on the card like I did, that is what they deserve for trying to gain votes off the inappropriate memory of BOB
Who says they're "trying to gain votes off the inappropriate memory of BOB"? I certainly haven't seen any evidence of this.

I've seen plenty of people honouring the greatest ever Labor PM, albeit one who was flawed in many ways as you have noted. Nowhere have I seen attempts to weaonise this, attempting to parlay people's sympathies into votes. That some people will be swayed by emotion is possible, but the ALP have done nothing to encourage this.

Won’t matter what I vote today, so going with Palmer in the Reps be sure I feel sorry for him and HEMP in the senate. Both will end up in the hands of a major and I really don’t care which one gets it. As long as I don’t register as a primary vote for either.
You vote for palmer it’s worth money to him. Don’t vote for palmer.

As someone old enough to remember Hawke, find it amusing to see him get put up to sainthood.

I mean I like Hawke, probably think he was lucky to have Keating as his 2IC but in the time of #METOO, he seems to have gotten a free ride in his death, he was the original pussy grabber. Find it very hypocritical of Labor women to stay silent about BOB, guess an election is way more important than the truth...quite sad really.

Not being a prick here but he was more than feared on flights for hand up the skirt treatment to the air hostess...and that is what I have first hand knowledge on, doubt it would have ended there...but there is every Labor female candidate shutting their mouth at election time.

Like vote who you want to but....if you were going to vote for Labor, draw a big dick on the card like I did, that is what they deserve for trying to gain votes off the inappropriate memory of BOB
Who’s trying to gain votes off his death? The MEDIA are hinting that reminding voters of his political legacy, might make them see that LIBS aren’t always the only financially capable model. So it may have an impact but it’s highly ******* doubtful. As for his inappropriate ways, I believe the words drunk and womaniser also accompanied descriptors of him. Nobody has forgotten.

When did the 24 hour media blockout B4 elections disappear ??? ......that always seemed a sensible approach
It is in effect with regards to tv and newspaper. Digital media can still go for broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back