Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any noise is advertising Jenny ......it's the approach used by Clive Palmer ...just bombard the brand everywhere, some fool will recall the party name and vote for him
The point is, they could always report about it. It’s political advertising that was in blackout the day before.

Anyone who doesn’t vote for Labor today is a bum.
Strange as it seems, the passing of Bob Hawke will attract a sympathy Labor vote, via association .......nothing the Libs could do the last 2 days but compliment him & by association the Labor Party

Just pure Athleticism there .....the running style of an elephant .....doubt he's ever run in his life B4 now , except for the camera's

shorten-running1.gif

So far at my booth

- Get Up are hanging out!!
- Get Up And a Liberal volunteer had an argument after the Lib accused atheist hart Up lady of vandalism
- a bloke in a Port jacket took only a Liberal
Leaflet, wtf

Who says they're "trying to gain votes off the inappropriate memory of BOB"? I certainly haven't seen any evidence of this.

I've seen plenty of people honouring the greatest ever Labor PM, albeit one who was flawed in many ways as you have noted. Nowhere have I seen attempts to weaonise this, attempting to parlay people's sympathies into votes. That some people will be swayed by emotion is possible, but the ALP have done nothing to encourage this.

The only thing that I thought was a bit distasteful was Shorten letting everyone know that Bob had 2 wishes, to see his step son get married and to see Labor win this election. I know it’s true, but it’s a complete given and didn’t need to be said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough battle for last place in the Senate, but GAP won the battle. Having Mark Aldridge as a candidate sums them up perfectly.

Second last for mine after FACNP, there's been such a proliferation of very right wing/far right parties that it's a battle in itself to decide who gets the slightly better preference.

You need to get a full understanding of what Advertising is
No... you do. Reporting of the news is reporting of the news. Paid advertising is paid advertising. The latter is banned, the former never has been and (hopefully) never will be. The examples you provided were news, not advertising.

No... you do. Reporting of the news is reporting of the news. Paid advertising is paid advertising. The latter is banned, the former never has been and (hopefully) never will be. The examples you provided were news, not advertising.
Clueless .....given you're not in that arena ....try commenting on something you have some professional experience in

The ABC reporting on the election is not, and never has been, regarded as advertising.
The ABC has been head of the Labor Campaign .....of course they're advertising ....the rules are archaic and set B4 Social Media

We get all our news off social media these days in News grabs

The ABC has been head of the Labor Campaign .....of course they're advertising ....the rules are archaic and set B4 Social Media

We get all our news off social media these days in News grabs
What utter garbage. Just because they haven't been in the LNP's pocket, unlike Rupert's Revolting Rags, doesn't mean that they've been anything other than neutral.

I understand that you're arguing the philosophy that "any publicity is good publicity", and trying to project that as advertising. In this case, you're completely wrong. It's an ABC news report. It's news. Not advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back