Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm putting in a nomination for you to be recognised officially as the Adelaide Big Footy board's Anthony Albanese's fan club's Head Cheerleader.....:p
It's not new news that I have wanted Albo as ALP leader for years over Shorten, who I don't trust at all.

Similarly, I preferred Turnball to Abbott. Not sure about Morrison. Seems a good bloke, but not convinced he is leadership material... but willing to give him a go. Just wish he didn't speak to the public like we are dullards much of the time.

PS. Do you think Shorten would have booted Setka?

We just need to get rid of political donations & pay the parties a higher amount per election vote.

The Chinese have infiltrated both side of politics to try & influence outcomes, & we need to put in measures to stop this before it becomes completely out of hand.

Agree, however there needs to be built ins to ensure that there's a higher minimum threshold to qualify for funding. Fed up with operators in it to make a profit

NSW Labor keeping up the long held tradition as being the most corrupt Parliamentary organisation in the land.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...payment-to-chris-minns/11191042?sf214175774=1

Chris Bowen and Chris Minns in spotlight over six-figure donation from Beijing-linked association
View attachment 690899

Reckon there’d be skeletons like this in a few closets. Probably time to accept that but come down on cases since Shanghai Sam like a tonne of bricks. It’s a bit like the citizenship issue, there were people who genuinely didn’t know and it’s understandable that plenty got caught up in it. Can feel sorry for them, but no excuses these days.

It's not new news that I have wanted Albo as ALP leader for years over Shorten, who I don't trust at all.

Similarly, I preferred Turnball to Abbott. Not sure about Morrison. Seems a good bloke, but not convinced he is leadership material... but willing to give him a go. Just wish he didn't speak to the public like we are dullards much of the time.

PS. Do you think Shorten would have booted Setka?
You have competition for Albo's N0.1 cheerleader Kane..
ABC presenter Patricia Karvelas..
And she's talking absolute bullcrap......This is insignificant in comparison and nowhere near the scale of the best Labor leader in history Bob Hawke deregistering the whole of the then BLF (Builders Labourers Federation).

You have competition for Albo's N0.1 cheerleader Kane..
ABC presenter Patricia Karvelas..
And she's talking absolute bullcrap......This is insignificant in comparison and nowhere near the scale of the best Labor leader in history Bob Hawke deregistering the whole of the then BLF (Builders Labourers Federation).

I'm bemused you are critical of Albo dumping Setka...

Are you worried he is actually principled unlike Shorten or some senior Libs?

Perhaps our resident wine buff kirky can fill us in on the "donated" bottle of Penfolds Grange 2002 by the Chinese businessman mentioned in the article above?? Good drop kirky

View attachment 690901

Can’t comment on a 2002 Grange (do have one in my collection tho).

Have had a 1979, 1987, 1990, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2012. Grange like any wine at that price is overrated however they are very smooth reds.

This was my last day at work which I shared a bottle 1979 Grange (the year I joined). Smooth but had lost its fruit understandably so. Shared it with all my work colleagues and like all premium wines I share with those close to me.

C9F0B25F-C734-4465-BE65-05E956B75090.jpeg

Can’t comment on a 2002 Grange (do have one in my collection tho).

Have had a 1979, 1987, 1990, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2012. Grange like any wine at that price is overrated however they are very smooth reds.

This was my last day at work which I shared a bottle 1979 Grange (the year I joined). Smooth but had lost its fruit understandably so. Shared it with all my work colleagues and like all premium wines I share with those close to me.

View attachment 691228
You must have really been bought off by Chinese businessmen. ;)

Last edited:
We just need to get rid of political donations & pay the parties a higher amount per election vote.

The Chinese have infiltrated both side of politics to try & influence outcomes, & we need to put in measures to stop this before it becomes completely out of hand.

Agreed. Won't happen though, they're addicted to the cash. I'm not even insulted they can be bought, i expected that, i'm insulted they're bought for so little.

Agree, however there needs to be built ins to ensure that there's a higher minimum threshold to qualify for funding. Fed up with operators in it to make a profit

The rules changed at the beginning of the year - parties now receive the lesser of “first preference votes x $2.756” and “allowable election expenditure”.*

Used to be that under-resourced but popular parties could make profits, now they can’t.

Theoretically.

The AEC still haven’t worked out the trickier stuff - like, setting up an "arm's length consulting entity" to do your printing etc and funneling your allowance through that if you're in a safe seat, then sending that money back to your own party...

*on this basis, Clive Palmer's Shonk Party took a bath in the latest election... luckily for him, he didn't mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great grab on YouTube (somewhere ) between shorten and arnie. Arnie asks him who he and shorten smuggly replies- the next prime minister of Australia.

Oh TurboTom, you should keep off Twitter, what an epic fail

Seriously this bloke, Tom K, is the biggest idiot and how the * he was given the Treasurer role was just another one of those moments. One can only hope he loses his seat but it is highly unlikely. Have no respect for him at all.

Seriously this bloke, Tom K, is the biggest idiot and how the **** he was given the Treasurer role was just another one of those moments. One can only hope he loses his seat but it is highly unlikely. Have no respect for him at all.
And surrounded himself with his Greek mates whilst in government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back