Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most incompetent treasure the fed gov has ever had is Peter Costello.

It's interesting that Lucas is cutting taxes for the rich and funding it by cutting services to the poor and raising housing trust rent

Explain that

The bit on housing trust made sense to me. In theory anyway, I'm not across the actual details.

We are talking about politicians so anything is possible and some people no matter where they stand in society just try and bully their way thru. We all come across it quite regularly where one will try and get their way no matter how - whether it be by intimidation, yelling, belittling. I sincerely hope that isn't the case but I don't ever discount it, ever!

Ego combined with power can certainly have a drastic effect. I saw it from a very close position up in Alice.

Plan A - win government
Plan B - if we can't win government, save as many seats as possible

WTF were they thinking, it's so bleedingly simple. They've went with plan C, but there's no plan C, just option 3, complete annihilation at the next election.
Would be ironic if Dutton costs his own seat...

Which taxes is he cutting for the rich?

What services is he cutting for the poor?

How much is housing trust rent and how much is it going up for?

You live in Sydney.

Poor effort

The bit on housing trust made sense to me. In theory anyway, I'm not across the actual details.

Then you have no idea about poverty and how easy anyone can end up there. No idea about the health and welfare of those in poverty. No idea about the way people in poverty are tret

The more pressure you pit on those in poverty the more pressure is put on public servants the more you effect staff at housing trust hospital police and social services

It's a knife through the middle class as well

Energy companies and banks profits are in the billions and it's the poor they target

If you can't see anything wrong with this then perhaps you have serious problems

https://www.aph.gov.au/News_and_Events/LiveMediaPlayer?vID={BC381023-893A-4F3B-B387-2FF6F07DA1D4}

Au-pair Senate hearing today

Special guest appearance from Gil McLachlan at 1.30pm SA time

Looking back selling BankSA and ETSA was a far bigger debacle financially for the state.

The billions that we're losing every year in lost revenue for a quick pay day back in the is criminal.

I think the Greens want to start another publicly-owned bank

You live in Sydney.

Poor effort

Then you have no idea about poverty and how easy anyone can end up there. No idea about the health and welfare of those in poverty. No idea about the way people in poverty are tret

The more pressure you pit on those in poverty the more pressure is put on public servants the more you effect staff at housing trust hospital police and social services

Energy companies and banks profits are in the billions and it's the poor they target

If you can't see anything wrong with this then perhaps you have serious problems
I live in Sydney? News to me. Unless they’ve moved Adelaide Oval to Sydney.

You made some claims, can’t you elaborate?

Of course he can't he the flag bearer for the World's oppressed and downtrodden but can never back up his claims.

Pales into insignificance against this...

Not saying that I want hate preachers admitted to the country... but he has been allowed in before, and has always abided by the condition applied to his visa. Why should this application be any different?

The Au Pairs, on the other hand, were already known to have broken the conditions of their visa on previous visits...

Who do you let in? The one who has always obeyed the law when previously in the country, or the one who has a track record of breaking the law?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eric Abetz, apologising to Gil McLachlan for this monumental waste of time...

Kitching got Jude Donnelly - she "just wanted to make the minister's office aware of the situation, but never asked for intervention" and bingo a follow up phone call and it's fixed

Somewhere, a pub test exploded

And you honestly believe this has only ever happened under Dutton and Morrison?? You no doubt still believe in the tooth fairy too.
I didn't say that at all.. But Labor aren't the ones making a song & dance about letting him into the country.

I'm not in favour of any politician blatantly doing favours for their mates, regardless of which party they come from. Labor has done it in he past, and copped their whacks. Now it's Dutton's turn to cop some heat for his dodgy dealings.

The 'gentleman' Tony Burke sought to assist.

I have no doubt at all that the characterisation of "hate preacher" is accurate.

Q1: Has he previously been allowed into the country?
Q2: If so, what has changed since the last time he was allowed in?

If his behaviour hasn't changed, and it was permissible before, then why should it not be permissible now? It's a different story if he was rejected the first time he applied (e.g. Chelsea Manning), but once a precedent has been set it should be followed unless there is a good reason not to.

You live in Sydney.

Poor effort

I only heard a little bit but it's obviously much more than you heard. They are referring to tenants that after gaining their property have subsequently gained employment and have reached a certain income limit. And don't lecture me about poverty, I lived in housing trust until I was 15 years old. We ran out of food at the end of the week. Mum, rest her soul, did manage to find the readies to fund a pack or so a day habit. My grey school jeans were handed down to me from macca23 youngest. We had absolute nothing for nearly my entire childhood, so GAGF you full of s**t cranker.

A few budgetary reminders at an appropriate time...

A federal govt with its own free floating currency does not have to tax to spend.

A federal govt that spends more than it taxes is said to be in deficit.

When a fed govt spends, the money created for this is called debt. This is ridiculous though, because they are only in debt to themselves. Unless they borrowed in O/S currency. Which is a ridiculous thing to do, when you can create your own (but they still do it FYI).

A sovereign govt with a free floating currency can never become insolvent.

Given we've allayed the fears about govt spending limits, an appropriately managed fed budget would've given more funding to SA.

Then the debt would never have been an issue.

Then we wouldn't have to cut the jobs or funding.

Then demand wouldn't drop.

Then private sector slow down and job cuts wouldn't happen

Then more people on to govt support and worsening books wouldn't happen.

Then the rinse and repeat that happens after "we wouldn't have to cut the jobs and funding" wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back