Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Liberals, can't you go one day without embarrassing yourselves

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...um0oJnGHsOq-c2_zCXIk0vIvok#Echobox=1543653047

Craig Kelly’s challenger in Hughes urged to withdraw as Liberals’ crisis grows
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...es-urged-to-withdraw-as-liberals-crisis-grows

The man seeking to replace conservative Liberal MP Craig Kelly is under intense pressure to withdraw from the race for the southern Sydney seat of Hughes, in what has become an existential fight for the conservative wing.

Kent Johns, who is believed to have the numbers in the local branches, was urged by the staff of prime minister, Scott Morrison, to step out of the preselection fight or face being blasted out.

There are now active discussions in the New South Wales state executive of the Liberal party about using emergency powers to save Kelly. A “fax ballot” of the state executive could be sent out this afternoon, overriding any local preselection, if the conservatives confirm they have the numbers.

Meanwhile, the would-be challenger has his own set of issues to contend with...

Liberal councillor Carol Provan claims colleague Kent Johns called her 'a “f-----g pompous bitch'
https://www.theleader.com.au/story/...eged-sexist-verbal-abuse-of-shire-councillor/

Came across this on Social media....salient.

Truth Sharing.

To all the school kids going on "strike" for climate change..
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric!
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods.
No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated, selfish, virtue signalling little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”

If they didn't spend so much on electric skateboards, smashed avo, and reffos, these 16 year old millennials would be able to get on the property ladder and buy an air conditioner instead of whining about it, they have it so easy these days

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...es-urged-to-withdraw-as-liberals-crisis-grows

Liberal councillor Carol Provan claims colleague Kent Johns called her 'a “f-----g pompous bitch'
https://www.theleader.com.au/story/...eged-sexist-verbal-abuse-of-shire-councillor/

Baffling to imagine that so much effort could be used just to prop up a bumbling oaf like Craig Kelly.

Came across this on Social media....salient.

Truth Sharing.

To all the school kids going on "strike" for climate change..
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric!
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods.
No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated, selfish, virtue signalling little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”
Mate, kids are a product of their parents.

You are confusing parenting outcomes with ideology.

I'd also point out, they can have all the electricity they want, even if it is powered by renewables.

It's a myth we need coal, thats beyond reproach now.

What happens if she is a ******* pompous bitch?

This Robo-debt system that Plibersek and Shorten pioneered??

The automated system of matching income data from the tax office and income as reported to Centrelink to identify discrepancies was announced in a joint release by the then minister for human services, Ms Plibersek, and the then assistant treasurer, now Opposition Leader, in June 2011, adding an extra $71 million to the budget. The release said the “tax garnishee process had been carried out manually once a year for the past 15 years and involved a significant amount of time on the part of departmental officers”.

“The automation of this process will free up resources and result in more people being referred to the tax garnishee process, retrieving more outstanding debt on behalf of taxpayers,” Mr Shorten said at the time.

What's that got to do with Centrelink ignoring numerous letters requesting proof of the overpayments?

We were talking about Shorten. When he's PM, he is going to meet with President of the United States and give him a piece of his mind apparently.

Or give him nothing, in other words.

Trump will eat him alive. It will be embarrassing to watch (but fun, as I can't stand the flog and all the union w***ers)

Or give him nothing, in other words.

Trump will eat him alive. It will be embarrassing to watch (but fun, as I can't stand the flog and all the union w***ers)
I have no doubt Shorten will beat Trump in an intellectual debate

Just that a week later Bill will still be parting himself on the back whereas Trump would have moved on from whatever the hell Brad from Austria was rabbiting on about within 15 seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has to be the biggest botch-up in Sth Aust history ....outside the Bank of SA Collapse, that is

You don't know the half of it!

Spoke to 1970crow about some of this a while back & the latest Korda Mentha consultants have promised an ABF budget as part of their $18m recovery package... but have never done one in health, so I was brought in the other day to explain it for 2.5 hours to 4 of them.... & have now been scheduled to go back to get it going. Think I need to put up my rates. ;)

Spoke to 1970crow about some of this a while back & the latest Korda Mentha consultants have promised an ABF budget as part of their $18m recovery package... but have never done one in health, so I was brought in the other day to explain it for 2.5 hours to 4 of them.... & have now been scheduled to go back to get it going. Think I need to put up my rates. ;)

Was reading something a few days ago about how Korda Mentha was going to save $276m on the basis of reducing average length-of-stay numbers which doesn't inspire great confidence that they understand how public health systems works. As the NRAH has a smaller bed capacity than the old RAH, has already been having issues with ambulance rampings and bedblock, it beggars belief that they think any reduction in LOS is going to result in actual savings as 1) empty beds will be quickly filled by more patients needing admissions and 2) patients discharged early will need additional out-of-hospital support like Hospital in the Home or run the risk of being readmitted due to complications. Got a feeling that these savings will not materialise and CALHN is going to run overbudget for many, many years.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...e/news-story/1470483ee6744bd583a3a37b95ddfc91

KordaMentha’s plans to save $276 million in three years include:

DRAMATICALLY cutting patients’ length of stay by an average of 1.5 days, saving $130 million over three years and freeing up 65,000 “occupied bed days” per annum;

CUTTING agency nurse numbers by half to save $10 million and trying to reduce nurses’ sick leave to save $9.7 million;

OVERHAULING rosters and cutting overtime;

GAINING greater revenue from privately insured patients;

IMPROVING efficiency in both health services and financial services;

STRICTER controls on purchasing.

The consultants plan to have a team of 23 working on the reform plan, including staff brought in from interstate.

Was reading something a few days ago about how Korda Mentha was going to save $276m on the basis of reducing average length-of-stay numbers which doesn't inspire great confidence that they understand how public health systems works. As the NRAH has a smaller bed capacity than the old RAH, has already been having issues with ambulance rampings and bedblock, it beggars belief that they think any reduction in LOS is going to result in actual savings as 1) empty beds will be quickly filled by more patients needing admissions and 2) patients discharged early will need additional out-of-hospital support like Hospital in the Home or run the risk of being readmitted due to complications. Got a feeling that these savings will not materialise and CALHN is going to run overbudget for many, many years.
Honestly length of stay is their major problem, but needs someone to engage with clinicians over poor performance. A decade ago RAH was the best performer with regard to LOS & now the worst in the state with many of the same clinicians... because their performance framework has been substandard. What happened to their clinical pathways, discharge practice, etc...

So if it’s not fixed we can blame you ;)

I’m starting to think Malcolm Turnbull was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Labor party. Bringing down the Libs from the inside.

With what is going on in France though I can only see a hard right faction taking over the Libs after the election.
Turnbull won the last election when the hard right were going to lose it, he was also closer than what the Libs have and will be post ousting him.

Having said that he’s gone the way of all scorned PMs well maybe not Julia, by showing they are all selfish egomaniacs who don’t give a s**t the damage they are doing to the party they once led.

If the Libs go hard right expect Bill to be our PM for a long time.

I’m starting to think Malcolm Turnbull was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Labor party. Bringing down the Libs from the inside.

With what is going on in France though I can only see a hard right faction taking over the Libs after the election.
Turnbull & Abbott - the gifts that keep on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back