Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a skunk..

However, even Mr Turnbull’s supporters, including North Queensland MP Warren Entsch, who supported the NEG, said the former prime minister “went to water” on the policy and can’t be expected to call on Mr Morrison to deliver something that Mr Turnbull was unable to do.

“I just listen to what he says and I shake my head in disbelief,” he told The Australian.

“It just makes me spew when I see this.

Meh... we all know that the NEG was his baby, and he was desperate for it to go through. Unfortunately the RWNJs had the numbers to block it, preventing it from ever moving beyond the party room. Now he's on the outside, he doesn't have to worry about the numbers any more. He's free to campaign for the NEG, which is actually a really good policy.

What we're now seeing is what a Turnbull Government might have looked like, if it wasn't beholden to a small bunch of f***wits on the extreme right of the party. Being elected with a majority of only 1 seat meant that he couldn't just ignore the RWNJs, he needed their vote to get things through parliament. Essentially, they had him over a barrel and there was not a damn thing he could do about it. He's no longer PM, no longer an MP, he's now free to voice his opinions in a way he couldn't when he was bound by the strictures of his previous office.

Care to comment brucetiki

Wear my Crico is the first thing that comes to mind!

Haven't they heard of contraception?

I also bet they'll throw their kids out onto the streets once they hit 15 because they can no longer collect Centrelink benefits for them. God help them once they hit menopause - their Centrelink funds will dwindle and they'll be all but unemployable, given they'll be mid-40's with zero work experience except for spreading their legs every 9 months.

Wear my Crico is the first thing that comes to mind!

Haven't they heard of contraception?

I also bet they'll throw their kids out onto the streets once they hit 15 because they can no longer collect Centrelink benefits for them. God help them once they hit menopause - their Centrelink funds will dwindle and they'll be all but unemployable, given they'll be mid-40's with zero work experience except for spreading their legs every 9 months.

Lisa says contraceptive doesn't work lol. If she had just one male partner he can get a vasectomy.

Or they could watch pr0n hub and see how enjoyable his seed his sprayed in other places.

Meh... I don't mind former leaders (PM/Premier) pulling the plug once they've been given the old heave-ho. It's much better than having them hanging around, stinking the place up.

Yep, I reckon this is a wise call. Reckon he'll go with a hell of a lot more class than Turnbull, Abbott, Rudd etc.

Came across this on Social media....salient.

Truth Sharing.

To all the school kids going on "strike" for climate change..
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric!
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods.
No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated, selfish, virtue signalling little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”
This is such trash. "you can't whinge about the lack of climate change action because you use an air conditioner and buy things in a way that has been conditioned in to you as children buy your consumerist parents"

We all pollute, use technology that relies on fossil fuels and consume too much, but that doesn't mean we can't attempt to change. This nonsense calling school kids 'virtue signallers' is what keeps preventing change for the better.

We can still live in a world with a high quality of life while still reducing our capacity to deteriorate it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meh... I don't mind former leaders (PM/Premier) pulling the plug once they've been given the old heave-ho. It's much better than having them hanging around, stinking the place up.

It's nowhere near the issue it is when your party is in power. I would have thought being an opposition backbencher would be pretty cruised after the hustle and bustle of leading government. An opportunity to return to the grass roots and represent your constituents.

It's nowhere near the issue it is when your party is in power. I would have thought being an opposition backbencher would be pretty cruised after the hustle and bustle of leading government. An opportunity to return to the grass roots and represent your constituents.
It's not "an issue". It's traditional & expected that PMs/Premiers will retire after losing an election. They've served the people, and there's no reason for them to hang around as an opposition back bencher. It's best that they leave, and most of them do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not "an issue". It's traditional & expected that PMs/Premiers will retire after losing an election. They've served the people, and there's no reason for them to hang around as an opposition back bencher. It's best that they leave, and most of them do.

Most might, but I'm saying that getting ousted at an election isn't the same as getting knifed whilst governing. I can understand why the Abbots, Turnbulls and Krudds are toxic arsehats. But the party losing an election, resigning as leader to sit on the back bench is vastly different to what's happened to our sitting PMs.

Most might, but I'm saying that getting ousted at an election isn't the same as getting knifed whilst governing. I can understand why the Abbots, Turnbulls and Krudds are toxic arsehats. But the party losing an election, resigning as leader to sit on the back bench is vastly different to what's happened to our sitting PMs.
Consider the last batch of PMs to have lost an election...
KRudd - Retired straight away.
Howard - Lost his seat in the 2007 election.
Keating - Retired straight away.
Fraser - Retired straight away.

The same trend usually holds true for Premiers who get voted out of office.

I'm not comparing Weatherill's situation with the revolving s**t show we've had in Federal Parliament since 2007. I'm saying that almost all PMs & Premiers who get voted out resign from Parliament fairly shortly after losing their respective elections.

Consider the last batch of PMs to have lost an election...
KRudd - Retired straight away.
Howard - Lost his seat in the 2007 election.
Keating - Retired straight away.
Fraser - Retired straight away.

The same trend usually holds true for Premiers who get voted out of office.

I'm not comparing Weatherill's situation with the revolving s**t show we've had in Federal Parliament since 2007. I'm saying that almost all PMs & Premiers who get voted out resign from Parliament fairly shortly after losing their respective elections.

I can understand and respect an immediate retirement. But if you make the decision to bat on as an opposition back bencher, which he did, it surprises me that he can't see out a term in relative obscurity.

I can understand and respect an immediate retirement. But if you make the decision to bat on as an opposition back bencher, which he did, it surprises me that he can't see out a term in relative obscurity.
By-elections should be paid by the party unless they can prove unforeseen circumstances like a serious illness.

By-elections should be paid by the party unless they can prove unforeseen circumstances like a serious illness.
Only problem with that is when it is labor it'd be blue collar workers paying that via union fees.

I hate all parties before someone is triggered by this comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back