Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bicks you seem to love attacking the strawman, your post has nothing at all to do with anything relating to my original post.

My original post was about the tweet that you shared on here which was total BS.

That nutter Bill Collias (and his twitter account confirms he is) was claiming that a captain gain of $100,000 would result in paying $75,000 in CGT.

I tried to ask him for an explanation, but he blocked me :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Like I said before, you shared it so you can you explain to me how a capital gain of $100,000 will result in paying $75,000 in capital gains tax under Labor?

Don’t expect a response that’s not how it works - as dodgy as the economist on the cost of climate change - used assumptions way out of whack with reality.

Holden to be building electronic vehicle utes by 2025 as well.

One party is looking forward the other party god knows where they are looking - the 1950’s possibly or even the 1850’s or earlier.

Given Australians are generally fearful of change, it will be a tight election.

No I don’t realise this, I care, ask any coalition voter and they care, hell I reckon there would be some on the left who care but are too afraid to admit it plus the polls are narrowing which suggests some are paying attention.

This policy is a game changer and yet the 🤡 who wants to be PM can’t explain his policy, he has to resort to a stupid Big Mac comparison which doesn’t actually make sense because if you stop buying Big Macs, you actually save money, where as Bills policy will cost money, we just don’t know how much because either he doesn’t know or he won’t tell us, either way I care a lot.

More likely the cost is an unknown - each company will act differently.

I’m taking the words of the RBA, APRA, Citibank in all this, not some discredited economist who use to work for ABARE (another backward looking institution).

These are probably the same people who are worried about their franking credits - you know you get cash back for a tax credit when you have paid NO TAX - like the bloke on the 7.30Report last night with his boat!

More likely the cost is an unknown - each company will act differently.

I’m taking the words of the RBA, APRA, Citibank in all this, not some discredited economist who use to work for ABARE (another backward looking institution).

These are probably the same people who are worried about their franking credits - you know you get cash back for a tax credit when you have paid NO TAX - like the bloke on the 7.30Report last night with his boat!
So how do you unveil a policy then if the cost is unknown? The $1T could be on the mark, Bill can’t prove otherwise.

No I don’t realise this, I care, ask any coalition voter and they care, hell I reckon there would be some on the left who care but are too afraid to admit it plus the polls are narrowing which suggests some are paying attention.

This policy is a game changer and yet the 🤡 who wants to be PM can’t explain his policy, he has to resort to a stupid Big Mac comparison which doesn’t actually make sense because if you stop buying Big Macs, you actually save money, where as Bills policy will cost money, we just don’t know how much because either he doesn’t know or he won’t tell us, either way I care a lot.

Ultimately, what the rusted Liberal voters think means very little to Labor and vice versa.

You play to the margins and it's all about developing policies that appeal both your core voters and win over the swing voters, that's where elections are won and lost.

"if you stop buying Big Macs, you actually save money"

You will ? You still have to substitute that Big Mac with something else to eat which still costs money ie a Big Mac is about $6 whereas if I buy a double cut roll in City Cross I am looking at anywhere from $9-$11 (anyone that thinks I am making that up go to Daily Rolls and see how much they slug you, it's criminal)

I am guessing the point he was trying to make is that Big Macs are viewed as relatively cheap compared to other alternatives and is a convenient, but unhealthy option. If you were to switch to something healthier, while it's going to cost you more money and will more than likely be less convenient, in the long term it will be far more beneficial and worth the added inconvenience and expense.

Ultimately, what the rusted Liberal voters think means very little to Labor and vice versa.

You play to the margins and it's all about developing policies that appeal both your core voters and win over the swing voters, that's where elections are won and lost.

"if you stop buying Big Macs, you actually save money"

You will ? You still have to substitute that Big Mac with something else to eat which still costs money ie a Big Mac is about $6 whereas if I buy a double cut roll in City Cross I am looking at anywhere from $9-$11 (anyone that thinks I am making that up go to Daily Rolls and see how much they slug you, it's criminal)

I am guessing the point he was trying to make is that Big Macs are viewed as relatively cheap compared to other alternatives and is a convenient, but unhealthy option. If you were to switch to something healthier, while it's going to cost you more money and will more than likely be less convenient, in the long term it will be far more beneficial and worth the added inconvenience and expense.
Who eats 10 Big Macs a day?

Yeah, like the UK geographically is so like Australia. UK 244, 820 square kilometres - Australia 7,692,024 square kilometres.

Most of the population in Australia live within the capital cities so it's pretty well comparable.

Australia might require a bit more infrastructure due to the size, but other than that there's absolutely no difference.

Look I am not going to deny that it's most probably not the most well thought out analogy.

At the end of the day though whether he said 10 Big Macs or 4 the underlying message is still the same.
Yep, he doesn’t know how much his policy will cost or he does and he doesn’t want to say, either way that’s s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, he doesn’t know how much his policy will cost or he does and he doesn’t want to say, either way that’s ****

As I said to you before, people don't really care about the cost unless it impacts them directly.

Honestly it's not going to matter how many Henny Penny scenarios the right create, Bill will be PM in two weeks.

It's the way it works. Just the same as I knew Tony was coming in back in 2013, nothing the Labor faithful could say was going to change the outcome.

I thought the knock on nuclear power in Australia was the smallish population spread over a huge area making it cost ineffective. Maybe that changes with a national transmission system. Nuclear power is an obvious answer to anyone concerned about carbon emissions.

It's also political suicide. Just utter the word 'nuclear' and people panic, thinking it'll be another Chernobyl or Fukishima.

Nuclear power is an obvious answer to anyone concerned about carbon emissions.

No.

https://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-power/cost-nuclear-power

"A 2011 UCS analysis of new nuclear projects in Florida and Georgia shows that the power provided by the new plants would be more expensive per kilowatt than several alternatives, including energy efficiency measures, renewable energy sources such as biomass and wind, and new natural gas plants."

If we want to spend money hand over fist, fix the local network and put panels on everyone's rooves.

Also, feel free to check in here every once in a while: https://opennem.org.au/#/regions/sa

1wind.PNG

this is SA for the last 24 hours. Wind, wind, wind - 71% renewables!

We don't need a nuclear power plant, we are on the right track

No.

https://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-power/cost-nuclear-power

"A 2011 UCS analysis of new nuclear projects in Florida and Georgia shows that the power provided by the new plants would be more expensive per kilowatt than several alternatives, including energy efficiency measures, renewable energy sources such as biomass and wind, and new natural gas plants."

If we want to spend money hand over fist, fix the local network and put panels on everyone's rooves.

Also, feel free to check in here every once in a while: https://opennem.org.au/#/regions/sa

View attachment 666082

this is SA for the last 24 hours. Wind, wind, wind - 71% renewables!

We don't need a nuclear power plant, we are on the right track

Pretty sure I posted that my understanding was it was cost ineffective in Australia. The bit you posted is the correct bit because nuclear is low on emissions and will provide the base load required whilst we wait for renewables to take over. But I see the first anti-nuclear fanatic has raised their head. Can always rely on the Greens voters to just say no to nuclear.

As I said to you before, people don't really care about the cost unless it impacts them directly.

Honestly it's not going to matter how many Henny Penny scenarios the right create, Bill will be PM in two weeks.

It's the way it works. Just the same as I knew Tony was coming in back in 2013, nothing the Labor faithful could say was going to change the outcome.
Since when does any party properly cost any policy properly any way...

When was the last promise that was done near budgeted.

ctyp-trump-white-house-fast-food-clemson.JPG

I found the guy Bill Shorten was talking about, whose country is killing the environment!

Unlike the COALition, i don't mind Big Macs, i had one yesterday

I just have no idea what this Big Mac thing is referring to

I got the impression that he was making the analogy that a fat guy that loves eating Big Macs would have to make a big financial decision to give up the cost of buying them to 'invest' in some bigger beneficial asset or thing, and that the ALP's proposed policy would cost so much that we, the public, may see it as a fiscal burden but in the end its investing in 'the greater good'.....or something

I got the impression that he was making the analogy that a fat guy that loves eating Big Macs would have to make a big financial decision to give up the cost of buying them to 'invest' in some bigger beneficial asset or thing, and that the ALP's proposed policy would cost so much that we, the public, may see it as a fiscal burden but in the end its investing in 'the greater good'.....or something
It was complete drivel from a clown who can’t explain his policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back