Political Discussion part #2 - SA General Election 2018 and onwards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

relapse

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Moderator #8,029
The most disgusting thing of all is that he's trying to blame what happened in New Zealand on Muslims.

That's the same type of sick rationale that the radicalised Muslims use to justify their abhorrent actions. "It's all the westerners fault"

It's the ramblings of a man who desperately refuses to accept that far right radicalisation can be just as as dangerous as radicalised Muslims.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

thirtytwo

At Average Joes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
DJR/ Team penske
He is a scumbag pig, can Senators get kicked out or just voted out? Surely someone this vile shouldn’t be allowed to hold such an important position.
Agreed, he needs to go, it’s his views and other far right wing mouthpieces that have propagated an environment of hate.

The most disgusting thing of all is that he's trying to blame what happened in New Zealand on Muslims.

That's the same type of sick rationale that the radicalised Muslims use to justify their abhorrent actions. "It's all the westerners fault"

It's the ramblings of a man who desperately refuses to accept that far right radicalisation can be just as as dangerous as radicalised Muslims.

“ I condemn their actions” but it’s the muslims fault because they’re muslims??

relapse

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Moderator #8,033
Senator Anning needs a wheat bag thrown on his head and dumped in the GBR. Absolute low life of an individual.

Typical of a number of those that seem to come from Queensland.
I'm not sure why Queenslanders continue to vote for maverick politicians.

They're a strange breed up there

NTRabbit

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, 76ers, Royals
Fraser Anning isn't just a right wing dog whistler, he's a full on 1488 neo-nazi.

He's supposed to be co hosting an event with infamous neo-nazi Blair Cottrell in Moorabbin tomorrow, I wonder if VICPOL will allow it to go ahead now that Antifa, who will outnumber them 10 to 1, have extra fresh motivation to punch every single nazi there until they crawl away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the universal

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
Senator Anning needs a wheat bag thrown on his head and dumped in the GBR. Absolute low life of an individual.

Typical of a number of those that seem to come from Queensland.
We don't need the GBR damaged any more than it already is, just use our new found space agency to launch him into the sun.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I'm not sure why Queenslanders continue to vote for maverick politicians.

They're a strange breed up there

We should reduce the number of their senators as they can't be trusted...

In all seriousness, you should receive a minimum number of primary votes to get into the Senate.

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is that the book by Watkin Tench? It's been on my to read list for years, but I've never gotten round to it.
Missus has been doing a fair bit of house tidy up while I've been at bowls this morning. In the 'unsure' pile, is indeed a CD book penned by Watkins Tench, titled 1788. It is a very good 'read' and I stand by my original statements that all Australians should avail themselves of it. I'm not trained in history, but I do sometimes wonder whether that if people actually understood how the colony arrived in NSW, how they respected the 'natives', how they hung settlers for crimes against 'natives' and how the entire colony nearly failed to exist.

brucetiki

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Last edited:

Bicks

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Any comments on Christchurch, Bicks?
Why would I need to comment any more than anyone else about the actions of a deranged mad man terrorist? No different to another deranged mad man terrorist Man Monis and the Lindt cafe attack or the attack on Charlie Hebdo Headquarters or indeed the Bali bombing. If you're trying to somehow link it with my right of centre leaning Political views you can go and get royally ****** dipstick. The same goes for brucetiki who thinks it appropriate to "like" the post.

thirtytwo

At Average Joes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
DJR/ Team penske
It is easy for the right to condemn this as an evil deranged terrorist, any sane person should, however it seems it is harder for them to condemn the ideology, dog whistling and hate speech that the right has and still is propagating, and which has led us to this point.
Any person not condemning the continued attempts to normalise hard right wing ideology and the subsequent community division this has caused is complicit in their silence, in my opinion.

Ironically our government is now preaching the need for tolerance, where just days/ weeks ago they were dog whistling about evil asylum seekers and Sudanese gangs, forcing their fears on the broader community and creating division.

It was only in November 2018 and Scott Morrison was criticising the Muslim community for not doing enough to curtail radicalisation.....will he now stop his and his parties dog whistling to race and religion?
Scott Morrison wanted to exploit and promote xenophobic fear of muslims as an election tactic, to me that says it all.
You reap what you sow, if you whistle loud enough for long enough you will eventually release the hounds.

Instead of reassurance, tolerance and compassion our leaders and media have stoked the flames of fear for too long.

Top Bottom