Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dunno

Reckon it just gave a platform for all the backward homophobic nut jobs to promote their intolerant views

Think it’s a nice idea, but it allowed people to campaign the most ridiculous views

We didn’t have a referendum on black rights, women, disability etc

Sometimes the government just has to do what’s right.

At least it’s done now, and we can all move on

I’m yet to see anything that wouldn’t have occurred had a bill been introduced and debated in the 2 houses without the plebiscite. And the campaign was nothing like what was predicted. People were up in arms over the Coopers chat, yeh, it really descended into horribleness. Also, it had the benefit of shutting up the homophobes and hard line religious nuts because they were forced to realise that they represented a minority. It gave an exceptionally strong voice to the yes vote. Even better, it showed the gay community how much support for their rights exists among the large majority of Australians. It was absolutely the best way to get it done, no question whatsoever.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So let’s try and understand :-

The sole reason in 2013 the ALP was given the boot was due to the leadership instability. That’s what was said then by everyone, media, voters etc. The economy was ticking along quite well following the GFC 5 years earlier and a number of reforms (NDIS) had been introduced.

We now move forward to 2019, the last 4 years we have seen more leadership instability, the economy is actually worse than 2013 and on current statistics is headed for a recession, the debt has doubled and we have seen bugger all reforms and yet the voting in its infinite wisdom says, yep you can have another go.

Well all I have to say is (and yes this is cruel) but stuff it I’m going to act like the majority of individuals seem to be (greedy and only care about what is in it for themselves) in this country and I say bring on a recession. Unfortunately all the current trends suggest it will now be inevitable given the government has been returned.

Perhaps then we shall see what the response will be.
Wow, need a dummy? Actually hoping our country goes in to recession. How old are you again?

And you think the sole reason Labor lost the election in 2013 was due to instability. Nothing to do with breaking a core premise not to bring in a carbon tax.

The facts are Labor have won one government with a majority since 1993, ONE and only 2 in total. They are losers and their supporters are major dummy spitters.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good they can implement their policies.

Hmmm, say what?

What policies from the campaign were those?

3 years of basically nothing coming up.

Recession here we come.
I tell you what, if we go into a recession I’ll leave Big Footy, if we don’t by the end of the year, you do.

Fair deal?

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow, need a dummy? Actually hoping our country goes in to recession. How old are you again?

And you think the sole reason Labor lost the election in 2013 was due to instability. Nothing to do with breaking a core premise not to bring in a carbon tax.

The facts are Labor have won one government with a majority since 1993, ONE and only 2 in total. They are losers and their supporters are major dummy spitters.

Now what did Peta Credlin say about that?

If it was based on broken promises, you would have been kicked out in 2016. You have a compliant MSM behind you.

And you are projecting again, well done.

Last edited:

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now what did Peta Credlin say about that?

Your projecting again, well done.
What did Peta Credlin say about you hoping we go into a recession?

I don’t think she knows you.

But I’m sure it wouldn’t be complimentary and would question your maturity.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
And 1 fringe benefit of the plebiscite was that it was a major nail in the Tony Abbott political coffin. Forget climate change, what really upsets an electorate is when their elected member refuses to represent their wishes based upon his own ideology. The plebiscite showed Warringah that Abbott places himself above his constituents.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
You kidding? Did you read beyond the headline? It doesn’t surprise me how juvenile you’re acting. You should really take a leaf out of your left leaning mates in here.

Should have called the election earlier then.

He would have known this regarding timelines. How naive are you?

Helps his budget bottom line and probably a surplus for the next year.

Good try.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Should have called the election earlier then.

He would have known this regarding timelines. How naive are you?

Helps his budget bottom line and probably a surplus for the next year.

Good try.

I guess you’re right, this guy’s just not politically savvy. Unlike your famed political genius, Bill Shorten. Now there’s a man who knows how to win an election.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m still staggered anyone would hope the country goes into a recession to score a political point.

That’s disturbing.

Luckily you put the emoticon in there....because honestly some of the comments by those unhappy with the result have been utterly contemptible about fellow Australians who just happen to differ with their opinion.
I've never felt this distraught after an election before. In. My. Life. People vote (essentially) one of two ways. You win some, you lose some. It's always just been a "ah well. Bugger" if the side you picked lost. But this was different, and I was at an absolute loss as to why this affected me so much. I was trying to explain to my friend yesterday and just ended in a puddle of tears! And she is like the least political person I know (as in, doesn't give two shits, wouldn't know who was who). I truly, deeply care what happens to the most vulnerable people in our community and I was sad for them and sad for our environment. Basically that's what it boiled down to. That's why people are lashing out. That's why people are making assumptions about those who chose to vote differently. And it's a feeling like you all turned your back on these people, and the environment. For the sake of franking credits and tax cuts. That's what it feels like. With time to process and think things through I know that's not the case for the majority. It will take time for others to process it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back