Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because Xenophon is not obeying the major parties like a lapdog, as the Murdoch Telegraph seems to want him to? There's no point getting offended about being labelled a small state or an economically-struggling state, because that's what we are and those are fixable. But when the Unwise Men From The East start showing utter contempt for South and Western Australia and treat us as second-class citizens, then yes it is offensive. This is a state with issues, not a s**t state.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because Xenophon is not obeying the major parties like a lapdog, as the Murdoch Telegraph seems to want him to? There's no point getting offended about being labelled a small state or an economically-struggling state, because that's what we are and those are fixable. But when the Unwise Men From The East start showing utter contempt for South and Western Australia and treat us as second-class citizens, then yes it is offensive. This is a state with issues, not a s**t state.
If he was from Sydney we'd be forming the same view as them. They can't be happy that the guys agenda is to protect his state at the expense of the rest of the country.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence - The New York Times

WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

https://apple.news/A-aPblDjvR0aNdC_5LTc_zQ

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Submitted with no comment.

6ecf46e841004f947c3e63228c1d853b.jpg

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

I'm sad I can only like this post once

Occurs to me this is the same kind of coastal elitism that gave rise to Trump

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's all well and good, but his answer to the NDIS shortfall is to raise taxes. Wow - innovative policy making there.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
I don't venture to this board often (ever) but did a BF search for Xenophon because I saw that article this morning. He's one of the few politicians who's values closely align to me and you know you're doing something right when the *******s at the Daily Telegraph get their knickers in a knot - particularly that ******* Rita The Panini, who offers about as much to humanity as an overpriced sandwich.

I can't believe people still support that Mudoch trash. I know Murdoch readers are typically lower on the intelligence scale, but they can't say we hate poor people any more forthrightly and yet they still support their views.

PrideOf

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 17, 2001
Here, obviously
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AFC
If he was from Sydney we'd be forming the same view as them. They can't be happy that the guys agenda is to protect his state at the expense of the rest of the country.

Yep. The last two Federal elections have crapped on about what's best for the people of Western Sydney, as if the whole nation gives a s**t about what's best for Shazza from Penrith.

I lived in Sydney for few years. They think Australia stops at Katoomba.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
every state and region needs to be strong for the country to be strong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I'm all for democracy, and if the citizens of the US under their electoral system voted for Trump, then good luck to him... what's shocking to me, is the sheer incompetence of the administration so far. If they're part of the GOP surely they could have been better prepared?

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Politicians ... politics ... it's such a childish sport. WIIFM through and through.

Surely we can all agree that the biggest rip offs on the public purse are by politicians. By a long long way. Talk about the age of entitlement. More than the evil single mums that get $150 a week to help with her 3 kids ... or the unemployed 19 year old struggling to find somewhere that will give him a chance to earn a few bucks?

Speaking of politicians ... I loved this from the US:

Yeah, lets revere politicians ... they are so impressive :drunk:

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
A199DDDD-C083-49EA-A874-919553CC80B6-1403-0000014491BA379B_tmp.jpg http://www.avclub.com/article/fact-check-were-46-percent-people-photo-given-ston-250397

Linda McMahon, former CEO of the WWE, was confirmed as President Donald Trump’s pick as the next head of the Small Business Administration.

On Tuesday, the McMahon family visited the Oval Office. One intrepid internet sleuth, perhaps our next Nate Silver, made the claim that 46 percent of people in this photograph were administered the Stunner by one “Stone Cold” Steve Austin:

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed, but would you be pissed if he was looking after solely NSW interests and holding the rest of the country to ransom?
I think NSW have plenty of people representing their interests already - what Nick is doing is basically the reason why the Senate exists.

the population of Australia has a diverse range of opinions and concerns and the Government needs to reflect that.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Politicians ... politics ... it's such a childish sport. WIIFM through and through.

Surely we can all agree that the biggest rip offs on the public purse are by politicians. By a long long way. Talk about the age of entitlement. More than the evil single mums that get $150 a week to help with her 3 kids ... or the unemployed 19 year old struggling to find somewhere that will give him a chance to earn a few bucks?
absolutely!

we're all getting played against each other.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
and is there a reason Adani hasn't come up in here? That sounds like an absolute shocker.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I don't venture to this board often (ever) but did a BF search for Xenophon because I saw that article this morning. He's one of the few politicians who's values closely align to me and you know you're doing something right when the *******s at the Daily Telegraph get their knickers in a knot - particularly that ******* Rita The Panini, who offers about as much to humanity as an overpriced sandwich.

I can't believe people still support that Mudoch trash. I know Murdoch readers are typically lower on the intelligence scale, but they can't say we hate poor people any more forthrightly and yet they still support their views.

Brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed this post.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
View attachment 337006 http://www.avclub.com/article/fact-check-were-46-percent-people-photo-given-ston-250397

Linda McMahon, former CEO of the WWE, was confirmed as President Donald Trump’s pick as the next head of the Small Business Administration.

On Tuesday, the McMahon family visited the Oval Office. One intrepid internet sleuth, perhaps our next Nate Silver, made the claim that 46 percent of people in this photograph were administered the Stunner by one “Stone Cold” Steve Austin:

Only the kids in that photo HAVEN'T been stunnered, so there's still time ...

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
and is there a reason Adani hasn't come up in here? That sounds like an absolute shocker.

If you want to do some interesting math, compare what the investment in Adani would return if it was invested in the massively growing solar industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back