Politicians having affairs- does it change your vote?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great minds and all that.......I'm not sure how Bad Horse is going to cope with a double strewth......

Dont get too excited...dont get too excited...dont get too excited...

download.gif

Just give me a minute...

It is beyond all doubt now. This is the single worst government in Australian history.

Which is quite a feat given the template of what not to do was laid out for them by the previous government.

Arrogance , the way they smirked that night they won the election you knew they'd get too cocky before it was over.

I pretty much said it on here that night.

Tony Abbott MP – Member for Warringah (presented by the Aboriginal people of Australia) - LOL
To be fair, Tony Abbott has pretty strong credentials and a good reputation in the indigenous space. He spends a lot of time in remote aboriginal communities, and was one of the first ex-Cabinet Ministers to criticise John Howard for not apologising to the stolen generation.

I say that as someone who really doesn't like the guy.

I wonder what the criminal conduct was? Was she trying to blackmail him or scam him. Did she go to NI because he refused to pay up?

Surely it can't be illegal to meet up with someone on a date, have dinner and drink, even a dance, and then tell all to some magazine...
Although we all knew this, confirmation in the ABC article (https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...payer-flights-amid-political-scandal/10629690) that there was no crime:

The Australian Federal Police said it found no offences had been committed under Australian law.

Suffer in ya jocks, 007. Twat.

Gave me a chuckle.

bA5veX8.jpg

To be fair, Tony Abbott has pretty strong credentials and a good reputation in the indigenous space. He spends a lot of time in remote aboriginal communities, and was one of the first ex-Cabinet Ministers to criticise John Howard for not apologising to the stolen generation.

I say that as someone who really doesn't like the guy.

He's always been a friend of indigenous Australians.

Tony Abbott said:
What we can’t do is endlessly subsidise lifestyle choices if those lifestyle choices are not conducive to the kind of full participation in Australian society that everyone should have.

If people choose to live miles away from where there’s a school, if people choose not to access the school of the air, if people choose to live where there’s no jobs, obviously it’s very, very difficult to close the gap.

It is not unreasonable for the state government to say if the cost of providing services in a particular remote location is out of all proportion to the benefits being delivered. Fine, by all means live in a remote location, but there’s a limit to what you can expect the state to do for you if you want to live there.

Tony Abbott said:
Thank you for putting up with the invasion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone involved in administering the health system, I don't think that's a totally unreasonable statement. There's a limit to the level of services that it's possible to provide in remote locations.

As someone involved in administering the health system, I don't think that's a totally unreasonable statement. There's a limit to the level of services that it's possible to provide in remote locations.

Argument for another thread but considering the amount of horrors inflicted on indigenous communities since European settlement I'd say there's a moral obligation to provide essential services and support regardless of the financial cost.

I'd say there's a moral obligation to provide essential services and support regardless of the financial cost.
These sorts of empty statements are meaningless lip-service. How do you suggest we give a handful of people spread out across the Outback the same level of medical services as people who live five minutes down the road from a tertiary referral hospital?

These sorts of empty statements are meaningless lip-service. How do you suggest we give a handful of people spread out across the Outback the same level of medical services as people who live five minutes down the road from a tertiary referral hospital?
Weve got a chopper that cost $600,000 a month to take us to the hospital

Weve got a chopper that cost $600,000 a month to take us to the hospital
And yet you still have statistically worse outcomes than people who live close to a hospital.

The tyranny of distance and remoteness is a real thing, and it can't be fixed by just throwing money at it.

And yet you still have statistically worse outcomes than people who live close to a hospital.

The tyranny of distance and remoteness is a real thing, and it can't be fixed by just throwing money at it.
Its about all you can do ,Its a big country.
My retirement plan is to move closer to a Hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

Back