Play Nice Politics #3 - Covideo killed the radio star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently in Spain and have been driving around the country the last 3 weeks - been interesting.

Maximum speed limit -120 (and yet people go faster than that on the freeways). No evidence of either red light cameras or radar and yet their motor vehicle fatalities are less than ours.

Smoking still allowed in restaurants and bars. Vaping is popular as well.

They appear to have invested heavily in infrastructure - freeways and tollways between most cities (all cities with populations of 100,000+).

Love their desserts!
Wine & paella goes ok too :)

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does it matter? The man is a buffoon and he can take all the right wing Christian lobby nutters with him.
By right wing christian lobby you mean the working class. "the deplorables"

Is Gabbard a chance. although your guys have already labelled her a russian operative. dont you hate it when people who risk their live for their country turn out to be russian spies. lol. you guys.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
By right wing christian lobby you mean the working class. "the deplorables"

Is Gabbard a chance. although your guys have already labelled her a russian operative. dont you hate it when people who risk their live for their country turn out to be russian spies. lol. you guys.

Have you ever been to the USA? I think not.

The right wing christian are those happy clappers just like our PM - believe in faith rather than science.

Ouch! All that intelligence yet such a s**t personality. What a waste of a human being.

Enjoy your miserable/lonely life.

Oh right. I should follow your model for a fulfilling life and form an online hate group complaining endlessly about the ABC.

"ZOMG! THERE WERE WOMENZ SAYING RAPISTS ARE BAD! DEFUND!!!!! DEEEEEEFUUUUUUUUUUUUND!!!!!!"

Did I do it right?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

The right wing christian are those happy clappers just like our PM - believe in faith rather than science.
So you mock those who have faith, perhaps you should get some

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolutely- no one with religious belief has ever been judgemental.
Never said that. We all judge. You’re judging my posting right now. But some choose to believe others don’t, I just don’t see the need to mock someone’s beliefs.

He also seems to have an issue with Christians too, never seen him mock those who follow other religions.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh right. I should follow your model for a fulfilling life and form an online hate group complaining endlessly about the ABC.

"ZOMG! THERE WERE WOMENZ SAYING RAPISTS ARE BAD! DEFUND!!!!! DEEEEEEFUUUUUUUUUUUUND!!!!!!"

Did I do it right?

All that intelligence yet such a failure as a human being. What a waste.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Be vigilant while you are travelling through Spain. There is a Nazi epidemic there at the moment, as there is in the rest of Europe.

1573338820410.png

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Never said that. We all judge. You’re judging my posting right now. But some choose to believe others don’t, I just don’t see the need to mock someone’s beliefs.

He also seems to have an issue with Christians too, never seen him mock those who follow other religions.

I think it’s as much about politics as it is about their faith.

Agree with both of those - mind you eating after 8pm is not to my liking. Interesting country together with Portugal.
Yeah, I enjoyed Spain, particularly Barcelona. Some serious political issues going on there!

Haven't got to Portugal yet... but been to plenty of ex-Portugese counties. More good food & wine.

Enjoy!

Not really, if he had faith he might not feel the need to mock others for their beliefs
Not sure that has anything to do with faith.

The last page or so is typical of where many get personal in response to political or religious views.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure that has anything to do with faith.

The last page or so is typical of where many get personal in response to political or religious views.

i don’t think kirky wanders down the street hating on religious people. I think he uses it as ammunition against people that he already despises for other reasons. It’s the icing, not the cake. He certainly wouldn’t apply that level of aggression to Labor leaders of faith. Asked directly, I reckon he’d still admit that it’s a weakness of someone like Shorten, but the vitriol would be severely depressed.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, I enjoyed Spain, particularly Barcelona. Some serious political issues going on there!

Haven't got to Portugal yet... but been to plenty of ex-Portugese counties. More good food & wine.

Enjoy!

Portugal was beautiful. Awesome place. Had a ball in Porto. The people were not as friendly as the Spanish. The locals in Lagos were using tourists for boxing, baseball practice.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
i don’t think kirky wanders down the street hating on religious people. I think he uses it as ammunition against people that he already despises for other reasons. It’s the icing, not the cake. He certainly wouldn’t apply that level of aggression to Labor leaders of faith. Asked directly, I reckon he’d still admit that it’s a weakness of someone like Shorten, but the vitriol would be severely depressed.

Actually, I have no time for religion. You and many others can choose to believe what you want however religion has caused misery to many throughout the world. When you hear some of the conquests in the 14th/15th centuries you begin to realise. How many lives have been lost to build some of the great churches? And what purpose. You don’t need a grand church to show your devotion to god.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Portugal was beautiful. Awesome place. Had a ball in Porto. The people were not as friendly as the Spanish. The locals in Lagos were using tourists for boxing, baseball practice.

Our experiences in Portugal were locals were great. I too would use you for boxing practice. Lagos was great and we used a local guide to get into the grottos (not the bigger tourist boats).

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

Enjoy!

We had those demonstrations in Barcelona for the time we stayed there. The Catalan (Barcelona region) and also the Basque separatists (around San Sebastian/Bilbao region) have been going on for years.

Driving the last 4 weeks has had its challenges and would consider most Adelaide drivers would have severe meltdown over here but have loved driving the narrow streets in the old towns and then getting onto the freeways/tollways and doing 120+ kmph.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Be vigilant while you are travelling through Spain. There is a Nazi epidemic there at the moment, as there is in the rest of Europe.

View attachment 777092

Say what?

Haven’t seen any in our 4 weeks of travelling thru Spain and Portugal then again haven’t been looking for it. Pick pockets would be a bigger concern in Barcelona and Madrid.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually, I have no time for religion. You and many others can choose to believe what you want however religion has caused misery to many throughout the world. When you hear some of the conquests in the 14th/15th centuries you begin to realise. How many lives have been lost to build some of the great churches? And what purpose. You don’t need a grand church to show your devotion to god.

preaching to the converted here mate. ScoMo is an easy target for you though. Tell me what you think of Bill Shorten because he’s a believer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back