Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
She had some political opponents targeting her in a way that was somewhere between harassment and stalking. May have also had the issues you refer to, I don't know, but at least a large part of it was behaviour of people near her electorate.

Yes, she did but I would suspect it is more do to with the culture of parliament and particularly the Liberal Party.

Oh and our PM is a great ad for weight watchers. Shouldn’t he have been dealing with the alleged rapist or perhaps the Aged Care report. Nah, let’s get do a photo op with the wife and kids at the beach. Scotty from Marketing 101!

I see the cartoonists are on to it as well.

7A32271A-9E70-4B83-ACA2-98C91290A290.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't she have people taking photos of her through her home windows or some crazy sh*t?
Well I’ve heard through the grapevine last night, she’s only 1 degree of separation away from a current ICAC investigation and this person is a real piece of work.

Well I’ve heard through the grapevine last night, she’s only 1 degree of separation away from a current ICAC investigation and this person is a real piece of work.
Flint or the stalker?

Flint or the stalker?

I’d be thinking it is the former not the latter.

This whole federal government is crooked as anything. And is ably supported by the media in particular Newscorp Empire, Nine Entertainment Group (Nine Network and the old Fairfax Papers - Peter Costello being the Chairman of NEC) and SevenWest.

A Federal ICAC is required.

Yep. Opinion only but seems there are some prepared to deal with women politicians in a way that they wouldn't with men, and nothing happening in relation to anything else makes it ok

Please do tell why the Cabinet Minister hasn’t yet come forward? After all, if you were member of the Cabinet would like to be tarred with brush that you could be seen to be the alleged rapist of a minor? And where is the A-G in all this? Hmmm, I wonder.

SmoCo is in a lose / lose situation. Mind you he needs to get on that bike again (the one we saw with a photo op when in lockdown). A heart attack beckons.

9CBFC13E-DB1A-401D-9495-A0C4D53F6994.jpeg

Please do tell why the Cabinet Minister hasn’t yet come forward? After all, if you were member of the Cabinet would like to be tarred with brush that you could be seen to be the alleged rapist of a minor? And where is the A-G in all this? Hmmm, I wonder.

SmoCo is in a lose / lose situation. Mind you he needs to get on that bike again (the one we saw with a photo op when in lockdown). A heart attack beckons.

View attachment 1066891
Are you suggesting he called the press? Maybe he took his family to the beach while they are still kids. You only get one life and everyone is free to spend time as a family, I fail to see one piece of spin in this candid photo. Point scoring on this is pretty sick.

Are you suggesting he called the press? Maybe he took his family to the beach while they are still kids. You only get one life and everyone is free to spend time as a family, I fail to see one piece of spin in this candid photo. Point scoring on this is pretty sick.
Of course it's a deliberate photo op. Why else would the photographers be there, and why else would this story even exist?

You're right that everyone has the right to spend time with family, and journalists respect that - which is why stories like this are invariably the result of deliberate photo ops.

Of course it's a deliberate photo op. Why else would the photographers be there, and why else would this story even exist?

You're right that everyone has the right to spend time with family, and journalists respect that - which is why stories like this are invariably the result of deliberate photo ops.
My IPhone 12 Pro Max takes awesome photos and I can find the email address of any news outlet in about 30 seconds. Guy takes kids and missus to beach is not newsworthy.

Youse guys have lost the plot, seriously.
As for his fat belly he’s not alone there is he.
Can you imagine a US president doing this there’d be 50 secret service agents 12 helicopters and a nuclear submarine station 1 mile off shore full of navy seals. I like this shot personally it makes me happy to live where I do.
These sexual assault issues are extremely bad though I agree and it will be interesting where this goes.

My IPhone 12 Pro Max takes awesome photos and I can find the email address of any news outlet in about 30 seconds. Guy takes kids and missus to beach is not newsworthy.

Youse guys have lost the plot, seriously.
As for his fat belly he’s not alone there is he.
Can you imagine a US president doing this there’d be 50 secret service agents 12 helicopters and a nuclear submarine station 1 mile off shore full of navy seals. I like this shot personally it makes me happy to live where I do.
These sexual assault issues are extremely bad though I agree and it will be interesting where this goes.
You're right... it's not newsworthy - so you need to ask yourself why it's being reported? The answer is fairly simple, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Scomo's reputation has taken a battering this week. He leads a Government/Party/Parliamentary Organisation where the rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse of women has become normalised. He himself admitted that he didn't think rape was wrong, until his wife told him so. This photo op was all about rehabilitating the reputational damage he's suffered this week, by reminding everyone else that he's a family man.

This photo & story would never have been published if Scomo wasn't the spin-doctor that he is, setting up a deliberate photo op, in order to remedy the damage done to his reputation by his failed leadership, which has been demonstrated in the news all week.

** I don't care about his fat belly, and unlike Kirky I haven't seen any reason to comment on it.

You're right... it's not newsworthy - so you need to ask yourself why it's being reported? The answer is fairly simple, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Scomo's reputation has taken a battering this week. He leads a Government/Party/Parliamentary Organisation where the rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse of women has become normalised. He himself admitted that he didn't think rape was wrong, until his wife told him so. This photo op was all about rehabilitating the reputational damage he's suffered this week, by reminding everyone else that he's a family man.

This photo & story would never have been published if Scomo wasn't the spin-doctor that he is, setting up a deliberate photo op, in order to remedy the damage done to his reputation by his failed leadership, which has been demonstrated in the news all week.

** I don't care about his fat belly, and unlike Kirky I haven't seen any reason to comment on it.
Look for what ever Morrison said about this alleged rape case I don’t think he needed to ask his wife if rape was bad. I feel it’s got to have been misinterpreted in some way. I haven’t actually heard what he was supposed to have said but it’s a bit ridiculous for a grown man to not know that. Thus I’m not taking much notice of the claim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look for what ever Morrison said about this alleged rape case I don’t think he needed to ask his wife if rape was bad. I feel it’s got to have been misinterpreted in some way. I haven’t actually heard what he was supposed to have said but it’s a bit ridiculous for a grown man to not know that. Thus I’m not taking much notice of the claim.
You underestimate the sociopathic mind of many in the current LNP Govt - including Scotty from Marketing himself. His first instinct was, as always, to protect the party. He really did need his wife to point out how horrendous the situation is/was. Being a sociopath, he doesn't care about the feelings of other people. It's just not something that ever enters into his mind.

View attachment 1066891

I can't believe people still fall for this kind of crap. "Look he's at the beach wearing some bordies, he's a man of the people"

******* idiots.

Yes but that is what he said - listen to the press conference.

It is always about the optics and to look like a caring individual. He is total baloney!

He is as false as they come and as Moogle said, I can’t believe how the voters still fall for this crap.

If ScoMo's greatest problem is that he is carrying a few extra kegs then politically he is in great shape (& has a lot of company btw).

What has happened to Brittany Higgins is awful and the perpetrator if guilty belongs in jail. Which political party he belongs to/supports is a matter of coincidence - he's scumbag. No-one is saying otherwise.

However you cut it, Brittany wasn't properly supported. Can't argue with that. But this is a society issue not a political issue. It comes across a pretty poor to even discuss the issue along party lines btw but if you think that any political party doesn't have similar problems & issues then you are naive.

If ScoMo's greatest problem is that he is carrying a few extra kegs then politically he is in great shape (& has a lot of company btw).

What has happened to Brittany Higgins is awful and the perpetrator if guilty belongs in jail. Which political party he belongs to/supports is a matter of coincidence - he's scumbag. No-one is saying otherwise.

However you cut it, Brittany wasn't properly supported. Can't argue with that. But this is a society issue not a political issue. It comes across a pretty poor to even discuss the issue along party lines btw but if you think that any political party doesn't have similar problems & issues then you are naive.
Ooh. Some whataboutism. That'll help.

It is the standard response from the right wing cheerleader. The problem is that it predominantly appears a Coalition culture issue but we get the look over there! Nothing to see here!

Where is SmoCo this weekend? Couldn’t find a photo opportunity with the Astrazenca vaccine arriving on our door step. Oh, that would mean a press conference and some tough questions to answer.

He is a coward (and he isn’t carrying just a few kgs either). Mind you, the average Aussie can probably relate to being like him. No wonder we are the second overweight nation in the OECD.

Depends how you define whataboutism. What we usually see on this board is whatabouting on completely different issues. I wouldn't have said that pointing out that it is not an issue confined to one party is actually discussing the issue at hand. BTW if I didn't make it clear that I thought they've handled it very badly, let me say, they've handled it very badly.

Agreed - and I think Kirky was wrong to go there.

Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of coincidence. While there are a few issues on the ALP side of the house, the vast majority of the sexual abuse/harrassment/assault is happening on the LNP side of the house. The LNP has a major cultural problem, which they have steadfastly refused to address - let alone fix - and one which has been in existence for a long time now.

Yes, it's a societal issue - but it's also a major issue for the LNP as a political party & organisation.

Depends how you define whataboutism. What we usually see on this board is whatabouting on completely different issues. I wouldn't have said that pointing out that it is not an issue confined to one party is actually discussing the issue at hand. BTW if I didn't make it clear that I thought they've handled it very badly, let me say, they've handled it very badly.
It's not an issue confined to one party... but 95% of the issues are occurring within one particular party.

It is the standard response from the right wing cheerleader. The problem is that it predominantly appears a Coalition culture issue but we get the look over there! Nothing to see here!

"the right wing cheerleader" ?? Please! I've said I think ScoMo has done a good job, yep. Not sure how that equates to cheerleading.

It is possible for people to hold opinions different to yours without them being deluded, or idiots. It just means they see things differently.

Agreed - and I think Kirky was wrong to go there.

Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of coincidence. While there are a few issues on the ALP side of the house, the vast majority of the sexual abuse/harrassment/assault is happening on the LNP side of the house. The LNP has a major cultural problem, which they have steadfastly refused to address - let alone fix - and one which has been in existence for a long time now.

Yes, it's a societal issue - but it's also a major issue for the LNP as a political party & organisation.

With no sense of smart arsery in this comment: thanks for expressing your disagreement in a constructive way and explaining why you think what you do.

I think you underestimate the issues elsewhere but if I'm right about that there's is a good chance some of them will become public in the next few weeks and if I'm wrong they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back