Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
So when a portion of your wage is put in your superannuation account each week. Then you’re only taxed on it at 15% even though it would normally be taxed at your highest marginal rate, this is not a similar welfare. Then when you draw down on these savings at retirement entirely tax free your not getting more welfare. Right, I understand. 🤫 don’t tell anyone your secret. 🤣

Hah you actually think this is a good argument.

So... AZ is no longer to be used for people aged under 50. That includes me.

A couple of thoughts here...

Firstly, this is exactly why I was arguing that the clinical trials for these vaccines weren't long or thorough enough to identify any problems. This is a clear case of "I told you so". AZ should probably never have been approved in the first place. It's almost completely ineffective against the newer strains, and now we find that people aged under 50 have a 1 in 200,000 chance of dying from blood clots caused by the vaccine. The TGA really screwed the pooch here, rushing to approve it based on incomplete trial results.

Secondly, WTF are my options now? Currently Pfizer is being reserved for 1A, and they're still only 2/3 of their way through that group 8 weeks after they started. Australia is only getting 100K Pfizer doses a week, and the GPs will still only be getting AZ (given that most of 1B are aged 50+ and not affected by the changes announced last night). As a member of Team 1B, aged under 50, where the hell do I go to get a Pfizer shot?

And that's before we get into all of the other issues... such as how we're supposed to achieve herd immunity (which requires at least 70% of the population to be vaccinated), given that none of the vaccines have so far been approved for use with children?

You'll probably be able to book an appointment for Pfizer at the Garran overflow centre. I'm also in 1B, but over 70, and have not been relieved of the AZ muck. I'm the one with the real problem because I want Pfizer!

You'll probably be able to book an appointment for Pfizer at the Garran overflow centre. I'm also in 1B, but over 70, and have not been relieved of the AZ muck. I'm the one with the real problem because I want Pfizer!
I did think about Garran, but I thought they were only doing 1A at this stage. I could be wrong on that though.

I live & work on the north side, so going down to Garran is a bugger - but I may not have any other choice. I had the flu shot on Wednesday, and they recommend having at least 14 days between flue & COVID shots, so I have a bit of time to await developments while they sort out Bozo's mess.

Any idea on how to book an appointment at the Garran Overflow Centre? I've been searching online for the last 30 minutes, and the ACT Govt's COVID website is slightly less useful than a flyscreen door on a submarine. It doesn't even appear on the Fed's Vaccine Clinic Finder page. Is it just a matter of walking in?

Pretty crook when Australians have to take the country to the UN. Similar to the treatment the Uighurs in China are getting. Aussie expats have been re-educated, “Australians don’t give a sh*t about their own citizens, as long as they are OK themselves”.

Jesus Christ, dude.

Hey man you don't get it, they're the real oppressed.
What are you jamming on about. I’m totally un oppressed. I can guarantee you I do whatever I like. when I like.
I do think the stranded ozzies are being delt a s**t sandwich though.

Any idea on how to book an appointment at the Garran Overflow Centre? I've been searching online for the last 30 minutes, and the ACT Govt's COVID website is slightly less useful than a flyscreen door on a submarine. It doesn't even appear on the Fed's Vaccine Clinic Finder page. Is it just a matter of walking in?

That's a very good question. I have also noted the lack of public info, but I have also read of several people who have booked there and received their vaccinations. I reckon that, under this new regime, you would have a case to go there and demand Pfizer, as I believe that they are one of the few sites with appropriate refrigeration. Going there is probably the quickest way of finding out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's lost his damned mind.

(He is pretty entertaining though so I'm not putting him on ignore)
Well I am mainly here for the lols. So I’m glad you’re entertained😏

I have voted for the Libs previously when Turnbull was PM in 2016 and Howard way back in 1998 (GST election). Abstained a few times as well.

As I’ve got older I’ve become less conservative.

I'm calling BS on this.

I just went back to 2016 and looked at your posts on election day and you were bagging the Libs and calling Turnbull a lame duck PM

Kirky you really are the undisputed master troll 🤣🤣🤣

I'm calling BS on this.

I just went back to 2016 and looked at your posts on election day and you were bagging the Libs and calling Turnbull a lame duck PM

Yes, guilty as charged but I did vote for the GST in 1998 (that was the final time I voted for Libs).

Of course, I abstained in 2019 which I got a ribbing for (and understandably so) but never again will I abstain.

I have voted for the Libs previously when Turnbull was PM in 2016 and Howard way back in 1998 (GST election). Abstained a few times as well.

As I’ve got older I’ve become less conservative.

I liked Turnbull in a policy sense but loath him as an ex PM. He's behind every other ex PM in living memory in terms of showing grace following exit. Oh, and you've never voted liberal, that's aa big a lie as Jenny saying she's never voted Labor.

I'm calling BS on this.

And you’ve got too much spare time on your hands to bother checking.
maybe take up a hobby like building little ships inside bottles would be a good idea 🤔

Yes, guilty as charged but I did vote for the GST in 1998 (that was the final time I voted for Libs).

Of course, I abstained in 2019 which I got a ribbing for (and understandably so) but never again will I abstain.
I have definitely stood at the sausage sizzle confused as to which way the lesser evil. But I’ve always voted for something.

P.S. the sausage sizzle bit is bullshit. I’ve never seen one at a polling station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back