Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
I have definitely stood at the sausage sizzle confused as to which way the lesser evil. But I’ve always voted for something.

P.S. the sausage sizzle bit is bullshit. I’ve never seen one at a polling station.

Last election my vote for something was to vote anywhere but the majors so that neither could add my votes to their primary vote stats. In the NT we didn't have much choice, so Palmer got my primary reps vote and I can't honestly remember who got my senate vote. Only certainty is that Liberal, Labor and Greens filled out the bottom 3 spots. What I'd have given for a sex or marijuana party. But the marijuana party may have run a candidate at one level.

Yeah same here. I'm pro-vaccine but I wouldn't touch that Astra Zeneca sh*t with a 50 foot barge pole.

Worthless media hacks will and have run with the false equivalency though.

There is a quantum leap between being an anti-vaxxer, and having trepidation about taking the covid vacccine. The two are not the same, but the media and all the halls of power will lie and say these two types of people are exactly the same.

Seriously, * you Mark Riley. You are pond slime.

Yeah same here. I'm pro-vaccine but I wouldn't touch that Astra Zeneca sh*t with a 50 foot barge pole.
[/QUOTE]
Problem is these vaccines are associated with blood clotting of this type less so than naturally occurring anyway.
So they have said numerous times.

As Vader posted 1:200,000K chance.

Very happy to take my chances with the AZ vaccine.

The chances both my kids had of Down syndrome in their neucal translucency tests was 1:1500 which I didn’t bat an eyelid at.

Lifetime odds of death for selected causes, United States, 2019
Cause of DeathOdds of Dying
Heart disease1 in 6
Cancer1 in 7
All preventable causes of death1 in 24
Chronic lower respiratory disease1 in 27
Suicide1 in 88
Opioid overdose1 in 92
Fall1 in 106
Motor-vehicle crash1 in 107
Gun assault1 in 289
Pedestrian incident1 in 543
Motorcyclist1 in 899
Drowning1 in 1,128
Fire or smoke1 in 1,547
Choking on food1 in 2,535
Bicyclist1 in 3,825
Sunstroke1 in 8,248
Accidental gun discharge1 in 8,571
Electrocution, radiation, extreme temperatures, and pressure1 in 13,394
Sharp objects1 in 29,334
Cataclysmic storm1 in 58,669
Hornet, wasp, and bee stings1 in 59,507
Hot surfaces and substances1 in 63,113
Dog attack1 in 86,781
Lightning1 in 138,849
Railway passengerToo few deaths in 2019 to calculate odds
Passenger on an airplaneToo few deaths in 2019 to calculate odds

Last edited:
Problem is these vaccines are associated with blood clotting of this type less so than naturally occurring anyway.
So they have said numerous times.

As Vader posted 1:200,000K chance.

Very happy to take my chances with the AZ vaccine.

The chances both my kids had of Down syndrome in their neucal translucency tests was 1:1500 which I didn’t bat an eyelid at.

Lifetime odds of death for selected causes, United States, 2019
Cause of DeathOdds of Dying
Heart disease1 in 6
Cancer1 in 7
All preventable causes of death1 in 24
Chronic lower respiratory disease1 in 27
Suicide1 in 88
Opioid overdose1 in 92
Fall1 in 106
Motor-vehicle crash1 in 107
Gun assault1 in 289
Pedestrian incident1 in 543
Motorcyclist1 in 899
Drowning1 in 1,128
Fire or smoke1 in 1,547
Choking on food1 in 2,535
Bicyclist1 in 3,825
Sunstroke1 in 8,248
Accidental gun discharge1 in 8,571
Electrocution, radiation, extreme temperatures, and pressure1 in 13,394
Sharp objects1 in 29,334
Cataclysmic storm1 in 58,669
Hornet, wasp, and bee stings1 in 59,507
Hot surfaces and substances1 in 63,113
Dog attack1 in 86,781
Lightning1 in 138,849
Railway passengerToo few deaths in 2019 to calculate odds
Passenger on an airplaneToo few deaths in 2019 to calculate odds

Motor-vehicle crashes are way too high. We need to have a total lockdown on driving, and a car buy-back scheme.*

*Just practicing being woke, am I doing it right?

Motor-vehicle crashes are way too high. We need to have a total lockdown on driving, and a car buy-back scheme.*

*Just practicing being woke, am I doing it right?
There have been measures to reduce the number of car accidents....

Must wear seat belt
Alcohol tests
Drug tests

All of these measures have significantly reduced the number of deaths per year.

Must wear seat belt
Alcohol tests
Drug tests

But way way more deaths than Covid.
We should really should be putting masks on cars or just banning them outright.

But way way more deaths than Covid.
We should really should be putting masks on cars or just banning them outright.
Covid would have more deaths if similar measures were not taken to minimise the impact, rather than going unchecked... which was my point! ;)

Must wear seat belt
Alcohol tests
Drug tests

The equivalent would be if they forced you to garage your car on and off for an extended period. A kind of “driving lockdown” to flatten the curve of the road toll.

Nobody’s arguing against pandemic containment measures. We’ve had them before. Even in our lifetimes. What we’ve seen in the past year has gone many, many magnitudes beyond the containment measures for any previous pandemic.

The equivalent would be if they forced you to garage your car on and off for an extended period.

Nobody’s arguing against pandemic containment measures. We’ve had them before. Even in our lifetimes. What we’ve seen in the past year has gone many, many magnitudes beyond the containment measures for any previous pandemic.
You are comparing 2 very different scenarios though.

BTW, I'm not saying I agree with all measures. At the moment we have no community infection, so I don't understand why Adelaide Oval is a full capacity like they are allowing in WA.... & they have only recently relaxed the square metre rule per person.

There does need to be a balanced approach based on the circumstances.

Covid would have more deaths if similar measures were not taken to minimise the impact, rather than going unchecked... which was my point! ;)
I think the start of this was Astra zennica vaccine likelihood of blood clot issue which is in the 1:200,000 ratio. Not a risk worth worrying about. Far greater chance of a fatal car accident.

I think the start of this was Astra zennica vaccine likelihood of blood clot issue which is in the 1:200,000 ratio. Not a risk worth worrying about. Far greater chance of a fatal car accident.
Indeed... people lose so much perspective.... which doesn't help the cause.

Most injections carry a small risk of an adverse reaction including the flu shot... but the risk is minuscule comlared to most of the issues your preciously listed... & most importantly way, way less than dying form covid itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they will make the announcement about AO soon. Masks and the rest of the nonsense have to go as well. I honestly think that is turning a lot of people off going.
It's been annoying last 2 games with the warmer conditions.

I understood it last year when we had community infection, but it's overkill at the moment imo.

That aside, it’ll be interesting to see what percentage of people actually want a covid vaccine if a gun isn’t held to their head

That aside, it’ll be interesting to see what percentage of people actually want a covid vaccine if a gun isn’t held to their head
I'm booked in for my 2 jabs.

Would have got the 1st one a week ago, but wasn't feeling 100%, so held off... & now a waiting time as staff are now getting their 2nd jab.

Yep. Having legitimate concerns about a vaccine that causes blood clotting is a far cry from being an anti-vaxxer.

Statistically, the risk is already accepted in other medications. One not even life saving, more lifestyle. Not that I disagree. But if 1:1000 get clots from the contraceptive pill, then surely 1:100,000 for covid vaccination isn't even worthy of a blinking eye. Those numbers mightn't be right though, I got them from a doctor on Will/Pembo last week.

You are comparing 2 very different scenarios though.

BTW, I'm not saying I agree with all measures. At the moment we have no community infection, so I don't understand why Adelaide Oval is a full capacity like they are allowing in WA.... & they have only recently relaxed the square metre rule per person.

There does need to be a balanced approach based on the circumstances.
Try living in Queensland currently where Patsy Biscoe’s Grandmother has us wearing masks in areas without a community case in a year, or never in the majority of areas. Off the back of a single case in Gladstone. I personally haven’t worn one most places unless there’s a security guard like Bunnings which I’ve stopped shopping at (There’s other options).

I'm booked in for my 2 jabs.

Would have got the 1st one a week ago, but wasn't feeling 100%, so held off... & now a waiting time as staff are now getting their 2nd jab.
Pfizer or Astra. My sister would have got Pfizer as she’s a nurse.

Pfizer or Astra. My sister would have got Pfizer as she’s a nurse.
Pfizer.

Note not all hospital staff are getting Pfizer as it depends whether you are in a hospital with the necessary fridge

Jesus Christ, dude.
I’m just shining a light on Australia’s current human rights abuses of its own citizens. In your passport it states “it is illegal to arbitrarily stop Australians from returning home”. The caps on arrivals are doing this no matter what bullshit excuses are being used.
In that, we are quite similar to China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back