Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
I think you’d do well to understand the full history of the second amendment
I think you would do well to understand that if you put dangerous weapons in the hands of stupid &/or angry people, more deaths would occur.

Funny how you are trying to educate me... when some of your views imo are warped.

We are not going to agree as I don't believe the average person has a right to a gun.

One of the highest rates of stabbing, but not rates of death from stabbings. I believe this is China & high through much of Asia.

Still not great to have so many stabbing injuries... I gather much is alcohol &/or drugs induced.

notbsure about drugs, definitely alcohol. apparently a good portion are cultural justice, the old spear into leg.

Something smells fishy in the Chinese wet markets.

I think you’d do well to understand the full history of the second amendment

And it relates to a “well regulated militia” - not sure individuals today are in any sort of militia and it certainly isn’t regulated and it is hardly relevant now given the assault weapons easily available as opposed to having muskets back in 1776!

I think you would do well to understand that if you put dangerous weapons in the hands of stupid &/or angry people, more deaths would occur.

Funny how you are trying to educate me... when some of your views imo are warped.

We are not going to agree as I don't believe the average person has a right to a gun.

Interesting that since 1996 we have not had a mass shooting attack.

You want a gun, you get a licence and it is stored in a local storage facility or gun club farmers exempt). That is how you deal with it. Americans have no idea.

This ones for the cowards amongst us.

Interesting that since 1996 we have not had a mass shooting attack.

You want a gun, you get a licence and it is stored in a local storage facility or gun club farmers exempt). That is how you deal with it. Americans have no idea.
And now we have a situation in Australia where we’ve been imprisoned within our shores and no real means of taking back control. Could you imagine the yanks putting up with the crimes The Morrison government are currently employing.

And now we have a situation in Australia where we’ve been imprisoned within our shores and no real means of taking back control. Could you imagine the yanks putting up with the crimes The Morrison government are currently employing.
Yep, like the super-imprisoned people of WA. In their recent election they totally showed how much they disliked being imprisoned.

You sound like a libertarian. You have to understand it would be lucky to be 10% of the population that thinks like you.

Also, I've got a number of social media libertarian friends that don't like all their freedoms being impinged, most of them from the eastern states, I told them to move to a country SA town, many don't have cops there, so they have to self police to a large extent, a libertarians paradise! So far none of them have moved to country SA. Theyve all stayed where they are and kept whinging.

They have a child’s understanding of the second amendment, its history, what it means, where it came from and why it is there.

You can actually be across those things & still express concern about gun ownership.

That isn’t them though, they aren’t that nuanced.

They have a child’s understanding of the second amendment, its history, what it means, where it came from and why it is there.

You can actually be across those things & still express concern about gun ownership.

Any one with half a brain would be appalled at the gun related deaths in the USA compared to Australia.... but keep banging on about the 2nd amendment.

It will be interesting to keep an eye on Germany as they have proposed a relaxation of rules for those travelling abroad if they have been fully vaccinated

Disclaimer - this is a CNN article so you might want to cross check its validity as they are a well known fake news outlet

People who live in Germany would also no longer have to go into quarantine after traveling abroad, if fully inoculated, with a few regional exceptions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, we fully understand it’s history but it is irrelevant today. And when you have the right wing go on about it in the States how it is an invasion of their Second Amendment rights you fully understand who are the uneducated ones. This is the 21st Century not the 18th Century of a new colony ffs under an external power.

Perhaps when the international borders open you can go across to the East Coast and learn all about the history in Boston and around Gettysburg and the like. Fascinating to hear and learn.

That’s exactly why it’s written into the constitution, because the founding fathers were a lot smarter than you are, and predicted you would say exactly that.

But it is irrelevant now and right wing loonies think you can quote the Second Amendment when the type of system in place in the 21st Century is not the same as the 18th Century. Guns should be banned or alternatively give them muskets in exchange for their semi-automatic and hand guns. Seems fair.

Things change and society moves on, but not the cavemen that support the Republicans.

I‘ll answer your questions when you spend some time educating yourself on the history of the second amendment, until then, this is like trying to teach algebra to a cat.
No, you won't the answer the question for fear of embarrassing yourself further...

They are simple questions which are at the heart of this discussion.

As expected you can’t respond with a reasonable argument. You got nothing!

Tbh it’s funny how aptly you’ve proven that you don’t understand the amendment while simultaneously showing one of the reasons it exists.

So prophetic was it (and the Bill of Rights in general) that it has acted as a safeguard against incredibly small-minded, naval-gazing clods like you, who believe - against the backdrop of history - that because something is not happening right now, at this very point in time, that means it’s never going to happen ever again.

I guess you wouldn’t have been founding fathers material. Colour me shocked!

Btw, there is actually a rational debate to be had around this topic, but probably not with you or your mate.

Evidently, they are not that simple.

Although I guess when you’re prepared to just completely disregard the Bill of Rights, it becomes pretty simple.
I was asking for your personal opion... so yes, it is simple to answer.

Is society safer with more or less guns?

Should everyone have the right to own a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back