Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The night and day difference between how conservatives treated Dan compared to how they're treating Gladys right now is the funniest sh*t ever. It just proves all their outrage was confected and rooted purely in partisan hackery.
There's a night and day difference between how many people died in Victoria compared to NSW.

It's widely recognised that Delta is significantly more contagious, so you can't really compare raw case numbers either

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
My wife just told me that we as a state have volunteered to have more international arrivals who can home quarantine?
Wtf?
Why us?
Don’t they realise how much it’s costing small businesses, with restrictions and lockdowns.
This only has the possibility to go pear shaped.
I hope they put the fine to 50k for anyone who breaks it.

They have to be fully vaccinated and only acceptable if vaccines have been administered in Australia. There will also be tracking (not sure how this will be done). Seems reasonable enough.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's a night and day difference between how many people died in Victoria compared to NSW.

It's widely recognised that Delta is significantly more contagious, so you can't really compare raw case numbers either

Most died in Nursing Homes and let us not bother with that old chestnut who’s responsibility that was.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
They have to be fully vaccinated and only acceptable if vaccines have been administered in Australia. There will also be tracking (not sure how this will be done). Seems reasonable enough.
As long as it’s controlled.
If we start having restrictions or lockdowns in place because they think there maybe be issues in the community that will be extremely frustrating for small business that are still being effected.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
As long as it’s controlled.
If we start having restrictions or lockdowns in place because they think there maybe be issues in the community that will be extremely frustrating for small business that are still being effected.

Don’t disagree. This has to be very water tight and no room for error. If someone breaks home quarantine the penalties have to be significant - ala loss of passport. That would sting and no exceptions to the rule either - don’t care who the hell you are.

I’m not sure how you could possibly do it in a household with more than one tho.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Haha

FB_IMG_1625853193634.jpg

Last edited:

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How many returning travellers to Australia are actually South Australian, and how many of them have homes here? My understanding is that a lot of them have been overseas for many years, and wouldn't have homes here. But is this new trial just for people who have travelled recently? With our borders supposedly being shut who are they? People who've had compassionate travel passes? And how many people here are fully vaccinated? Many have had their first dose, but not many are fully vaccinated, as far as I know. So this trial seems a bit strange.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
NSW extending lockdown indefinitely.

So if lockdowns work, why don’t they work?

They don’t work when you wait three weeks and only implement a patch work lockdown. They still have all, repeat all, retail open.

A hard lockdown works, a NSW lite lockdown doesn’t work. SA, Qld, NT, Vic and WA have proved hard lockdowns work.

What don’t you comprehend?

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
NSW half assed their lockdown. Now they're pretty well f’ed.

I’m not sure they are ****ed but the lockdown ain’t ending probably until mid-August.

But hey, gold standard don’t ya know. This is funny tho, well sort of if it didn’t have a bit of truth about it.

96320AE2-AF0C-44BA-A2A3-FEA69A7A9C37.jpeg

Any thought of an early federal election is off the table this year.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
NSW were handling things very well and did teach other states how to go about it imo (excluding WA, weirdos). A proportionate response is always the way to go factoring in the capabilities of your systems (theirs seem very good).

Problem is that Gladys decided to play too much politics and take the anti lockdown/hard restriction line. Towing a sort of libertarian line where they will never restrict people's lives when in reality there may be extreme cases where you have to.

Towing that line backed themselves into a political corner when it came time (I'm sure they realised this) to make a call to enforce hard restrictions. They couldn't and they had to half arse it. They are now forced to go hard for a lot longer.

I hope that states learn from this and start being more united. Work together.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
NSW were handling things very well and did teach other states how to go about it imo (excluding WA, weirdos). A proportionate response is always the way to go factoring in the capabilities of your systems (theirs seem very good).

Problem is that Gladys decided to play too much politics and take the anti lockdown/hard restriction line. Towing a sort of libertarian line where they will never restrict people's lives when in reality there may be extreme cases where you have to.

Towing that line backed themselves into a political corner when it came time (I'm sure they realised this) to make a call to enforce hard restrictions. They couldn't and they had to half arse it. They are now forced to go hard for a lot longer.

I hope that states learn from this and start being more united. Work together.

Well they got lucky with the Avalon/Northern beaches outbreak because of its unique geographical position, a peninsular with only one road in and out.

Gladys was just to slow with regard to this one and will pay the price.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Someone on here keeps on talking about why lockdowns. Well you see what happens if you let it go rampant - well a week ago before the quasi lockdown occurred it was 16, today 77 and expect to be triple digits tomorrow and for days after that.

Until we get fully vaccinated, lockdowns and border closures will be part of our life.

We have bought this on ourselves due to the complacency of the Feds.

Someone on here keeps on talking about why lockdowns. Well you see what happens if you let it go rampant - well a week ago before the quasi lockdown occurred it was 16, today 77 and expect to be triple digits tomorrow and for days after that.

Until we get fully vaccinated, lockdowns and border closures will be part of our life.

We have bought this on ourselves due to the complacency of the Feds.
Just another reminder that if a lockdown is needed due to unknown community infection, you need to go hard early... or you will just end up with more infections & a longer lockdown to contain it.

Better to be cautious going early for a few days... than dithering & ending up with weeks or months..

The sooner we get everyone who wants to be vaccinated done, the sooner we can get back to avoiding these lockdowns situations.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Gladys probably should have kept her mouth shut about the Victorian lockdowns. Now she's trying a lockdown-lite because she's backed herself into a corner and it's not going well.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are we even surprised by this revelation, not the PM but a former PM to get the job done.

Everything this government touches they * up and rely upon someone else to pull them out of the s**t.

This government does not, repeat does not deserve another term. They need to be tossed out. Pure and simple.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
He is less than 6 months into the job. I’ll give him a bit of latitude thank you very much.

As to the other goon, an orange jump suit and a nice small cell would be appropriate given his COVID-19 response alone.

has he been charged with anything yet. The way Vader spoke it was only being president that was keeping him out of jail. I think an accountant of his was charged recently, but haven't heard anything about Trump.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
has he been charged with anything yet. The way Vader spoke it was only being president that was keeping him out of jail. I think an accountant of his was charged recently, but haven't heard anything about Trump.

Not sure he will get charged, those around him yes but unlikely to be him.

At any rate, he is slowly losing his mind (as did his father).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back