Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Old Jen scraping the internet to have a go at the Libs again.
You don't think it disgraceful that someone is TALKING and the Libs are on their ******* phones? Worse, the so called leader of the country, has the audacity to have his back toward her? Unbe*******lievable. I'll tell you one thing, I would be just as pissed off if this was in reverse. These people are voted in to represent the people of this country. This is appalling and completely unacceptable.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
At least they are facing them. What's to say that's not in a break? The other picture is taken while someone is talking. It's just appalling. Frankly I think phones should be banned in the House.
You are clearly wrong on that, both photos were taken by the Sydney Morning Herald's photographer Alex Ellinghausen during Question Time at Monday's sitting of Federal Parliament....they don't have breaks during question time!! Take of your lefty goggles next time it's captioned at the bottom of the photo...

It's pretty obvious you don't watch Question Time or you would know what Morrison and the other LNP members are doing is far far from uncommon on both sides.

Nice try but.

1603248605077.png

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The reason we don't have an ICAC is because neither major party wants to be called out on these practices... the Victorian ALP has been just as corrupt.

The sooner we have a proper ICAC with teeth, the sooner we may be able to restore some faith in the political parties... may be.
Both the NSW & VIC branches of both party are completely corrupt.

Having said that, the Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison Govt is comfortably the most corrupt in Australia's entire history. The number of Govt Ministers who should/would be in prison, if we had a Federal ICAC, is mind boggling.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
They shouldn't have announced the mic cut off...just done it on the day... as would be better to see their reaction!
Electric shocks if they interrupt each other. Might not have any candidates left though with their aging tickers.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
How on earth do the Libs keep appearing more corrupt with every passing day?

Sukkar gets busted for employing people, using Federal Govt funds, to act as Liberal party political activists. Instead of sacking him on the spot, which was the obvious and right thing to do, they decided to cover it up - and their cover-up is now falling apart with every passing day.

First we discover that the investigators cleared him without even bothering to ask the staffers if they engaged in party political work at taxpayer expense. It's obvious that you can't find evidence of guilt if you don't actually look for it.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...-hear-from-key-witnesses-20201014-p5654u.html

Today we discover that the company hired to do the investigation is the company where Sukkar was previously employed. This should have raised massive red flags, as an obvious conflict of interest, preventing the company from even being considered for the contract.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...d-review-into-his-office-20201020-p566wb.html

This Govt is truly despicable.

That sounds similar to the red shirt shenanigans in Vic except with the added benefit of a tainted investigation. Surely can't survive. Will be interesting to see if ScoMo fails this test as he did with MacKenzie. Depends how deep his knowledge was.

You are clearly wrong on that, both photos were taken by the Sydney Morning Herald's photographer Alex Ellinghausen during Question Time at Monday's sitting of Federal Parliament....they don't have breaks during question time!! Take of your lefty goggles next time it's captioned at the bottom of the photo...

It's pretty obvious you don't watch Question Time or you would know what Morrison and the other LNP members are doing is far far from uncommon on both sides.

Nice try but.

View attachment 990940
As I said, I'd be equally pissed off at the opposition for doing so. I thinks it's disgraceful. (And no, I gave up watching question time many years ago when it was clear they behaved worse than my then toddler).

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
That sounds similar to the red shirt shenanigans in Vic except with the added benefit of a tainted investigation. Surely can't survive. Will be interesting to see if ScoMo fails this test as he did with MacKenzie. Depends how deep his knowledge was.
It's exactly the same as the redshirt shenanigans.

Scomo has failed pretty much every test he's ever had to face to date.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
As I said, I'd be equally pissed off at the opposition for doing so. I thinks it's disgraceful. (And no, I gave up watching question time many years ago when it was clear they behaved worse than my then toddler).
It’s unwatchable. 🤢

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It's exactly the same as the redshirt shenanigans.

Scomo has failed pretty much every test he's ever had to face to date.
And has 63% approval rating. Go figure 🤷🏻‍♂️

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The thought of cops picking up one of my kids riding home from a mates place doesn’t appeal to me at all.
Cops just need to do their jobs properly.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thought of cops picking up one of my kids riding home from a mates place doesn’t appeal to me at all.
Cops just need to do their jobs properly.

Alice Springs is going to rack and ruin. They need one desperately.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Alice Springs is going to rack and ruin. They need one desperately.
I don’t think it’s that bad in Cairns.
I did get broken into a few years ago and it was a small hand that unlocked the screen door through the diamond mesh. A neighbor caught a kid in the back yard on another occasion. They are pretty Brazen that’s for sure. These kids guardians (if they even have one), won’t be paying no $250 fine though.
It just seems like a poorly thought out idea. Pretty sure my white kids aren’t the target group if you know what I mean.
I remember a mayor in Pt Augusta (Joy Baluche) suggested or implemented this kind of thing years ago. Wonder how it went.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don’t think it’s that bad in Cairns.
I did get broken into a few years ago and it was a small hand that unlocked the screen door through the diamond mesh. A neighbor caught a kid in the back yard on another occasion. They are pretty Brazen that’s for sure. These kids guardians (if they even have one), won’t be paying no $250 fine though.
It just seems like a poorly thought out idea. Pretty sure my white kids aren’t the target group if you know what I mean.
I remember a mayor in Pt Augusta (Joy Baluche) suggested or implemented this kind of thing years ago. Wonder how it went.

It went very well from all reports. There are no guardians to these kids, not at night anyway. All kids should be targeted, if you're out after a certain time it's to move between point a and point b. If you're not going anywhere then you're a danger to yourself or to others or potentially at risk from others. Kids have no hope, no chance they go to school the next day having been up all night roaming the streets. They've got criminal records the length of your arm by the time they're 16. They all start at theft, break/enter, over and over and over. But then as they get later in their teens the assaults start to kick in as they start their own substance abuse.

Completely lost generation. One of the traditional owners is calling for what most east coast elites would call another stolen generation. There really is no hope.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It went very well from all reports. There are no guardians to these kids, not at night anyway. All kids should be targeted, if you're out after a certain time it's to move between point a and point b. If you're not going anywhere then you're a danger to yourself or to others or potentially at risk from others. Kids have no hope, no chance they go to school the next day having been up all night roaming the streets. They've got criminal records the length of your arm by the time they're 16. They all start at theft, break/enter, over and over and over. But then as they get later in their teens the assaults start to kick in as they start their own substance abuse.

Completely lost generation. One of the traditional owners is calling for what most east coast elites would call another stolen generation. There really is no hope.
I was talking to a lady (at a group dinner), that works in the child protection area, dealing with indigenous kids from Cairns - Cape York. She said they try place the kids with a relative to maintain cultural connection but there are more kids being removed from their parents now than during the “stolen generations”.

10 times more indigenous kids are removed from their parents than non indigenous. With only 5% of the population.
To me that closely resembles the incarceration rate disparity. That’s a pretty sad statistic.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a strange thing, not sure what I think about it:

In my job I can get a bonus if I do good stuff, particularly win/close deals like this.
I can't accept any payment from outside my organization though, there's anti corruption (I did one of those ethics training courses once, and got most answers right in the 4 part multiple choice question at the end on the 5th try).
Not sure what the problem is. Lack of transparency into the process?

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a strange thing, not sure what I think about it:

In my job I can get a bonus if I do good stuff, particularly win/close deals like this.
I can't accept any payment from outside my organization though, there's anti corruption (I did one of those ethics training courses once, and got most answers right in the 4 part multiple choice question at the end on the 5th try).
Not sure what the problem is. Lack of transparency into the process?

I see SmoCo is not impressed however I wonder what is his opinion on that Badgerys Creek land purchases?

The Teflon Man might be a new nickname for SmoCo.

I see SmoCo is not impressed however I wonder what is his opinion on that Badgerys Creek land purchases?

Hopefully ScoMo applies the same standards to his government... but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm guessing you haven't looked too deep into Badgery's creek.
I'm guessing those purchasing land at 10x the valuation didn't look deeply either...

How much will the brothers donate to the coalition next election.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm guessing those purchasing land at 10x the valuation didn't look deeply either...

How much will the brothers donate to the coalition next election.

7:30 did a few minutes on it last night. The value used was best case scenario if the land was zoned commercial, but apparently could never be due to the runway. It was then that value that was costed in. I'm keen to find out who's thieved, but there's been no suggestion it's at a federal or even political level yet. They seem to be focusing on bureaucrats. Keen for it to unfold though.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
7:30 did a few minutes on it last night. The value used was best case scenario if the land was zoned commercial, but apparently could never be due to the runway. It was then that value that was costed in. I'm keen to find out who's thieved, but there's been no suggestion it's at a federal or even political level yet. They seem to be focusing on bureaucrats. Keen for it to unfold though.

Always thought that bureaucrats were answerable to the Minister, who therefore has ultimate responsibility.

These days it seems that the political trick is to blame the bureaucrats. Seems convenient.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I mean the graphic straight up lists The Project, ACA and 60 Minutes in the "poor quality" category. They even colour coded it.

I noticed that they put "Right at Night" on Sky News into the poor quality category too 🤣

Last edited:

You know full well why ScoMo is going apeshit over this... deflect deflect deflect....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back