Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Again, point to one thing I’ve been wrong about.
Well this for starters. I remember when I referred to you as a conspiracy theorist and you were saying they would still enforce lockdowns with zero cases. The current situation has the UK government considering a short lockdown because their healthcare workers are overwhelmed. It's not relevant to our previous conversation.

You're double counting.

The 27 million is 21 million already in arms, plus 6 million AZ doses that nobody wants. It's not 27 million doses available to be used now.
Fair enough - as I said in my post - going by your numbers

We're currently at 21.2 million doses, so we could (theoretically) be as high as 27.2 million

It will be the unvaccinated who will be at risk of serious illness or death, which is very rare for those who are vaccinated.

Just need to look at NSW's ICU patients or those who have died & they are pretty much all unvaccinated.

So once everyone who wants covax has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, there is no reason why we shouldn't open up.

Hopefully enough are fully vaccinated to not overload the health system.
I agree..but the issue will then be the booster shot and making sure that those vaccinated are able to have it when it is needed due to efficacy drop off over time which could make those vaccinated more vulnerable the longer between getting vaccinated and when they are able to get a booster shot

That has to be one of the funniest comments - so if we had all these extra doses - why on earth do we need to do swaps with UK and Singapore. Now don’t rattle that brain of yours too much.

One job you would fit in really well based on your calculations is Federal Coalition Treasurer - than know how to cook the books.
ahh..the old more than 1 syllable trick did it for you (note to self.. try to dumb down everything for the very lowest denominator posting here)... funny that I prefaced what I wrote by saying going by Vaders numbers

We're currently at 21.2 million doses, so we could (theoretically) be as high as 27.2 million

I agree..but the issue will then be the booster shot and making sure that those vaccinated are able to have it when it is needed due to efficacy drop off over time which could make those vaccinated more vulnerable the longer between getting vaccinated and when they are able to get a booster shot
Indeed, but even if the 1st covax is no longer effective at preventing catching covid, should still help immunity against getting seriously ill or dying. May only be the vulnerable who need a booster, but no one seems to know for sure at the moment...

By what metrics? Genuine question, not trying to argue. The Brits always go on about the NHS being the bee's ****.
In 2020, Australia ranked #9, UK #13.... so really not much in it. We have one of the best healthcare systems & you appreciate it in a pandemic.

In 2020, Australia ranked #9, UK #13.... so really not much in it. We have one of the best healthcare systems & you appreciate it in a pandemic.
Cheers. I didn't really need another reason to call the poms out for being full of s**t but this might come in handy when the banter comes out at family gatherings.

By what metrics? Genuine question, not trying to argue. The Brits always go on about the NHS being the bee's ****.

it’s a ******* religion, that they obsess about because it’s free at the point of delivery (it costs a s**t tonne from taxation though) and has 3rd world outcomes in a lot of areas

oncology & infant mortality stats are some of the worst in Europe. Certain cancers rank alongside Romania is clinical efficacy it’s horrendous

let me dig out a couple

"Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Israel all boast health-care systems that are quantum leaps ahead of the NHS by every available metric
[...]
Importantly, each of these nations also provides universal access to health care"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on The subject of booster shots. Here’s some good for thought

The reason I’m suggesting this is interesting is because Robert W Malone is not any garden variety, clown doctor with an opinion.

he is the guy who invented mRNA vaccines!

In some good news, apparently Pfizer are developing a covid pill that you take early on when you're getting sick and it reduces the severity of the infection. We're going to need all the help we can get to reduce the strain on the healthcare system.

In some good news, apparently Pfizer are developing a covid pill that you take early on when you're getting sick and it reduces the severity of the infection. We're going to need all the help we can get to reduce the strain on the healthcare system.

good news.. but.. how do you know you have covid and not just a common cold or flu?..

still gonna need to go get tested.

do you just have these covid pills lying around the house?.. like panadol?.. ready for that moment you feel a sniffle coming on… or do you start getting sick, book in to see your doc, get a covid test with the doc, wait for the results then if it comes back positive you go back in and see him and get a prescription for one of these pills..

gonna need a lot more GP’s.. its near impossible to get in to see a doctor as its is!..

good news.. but.. how do you know you have covid and not just a common cold or flu?..

do you just have these covid pills lying around the house?.. like panadol?.. ready for that moment you feel a sniffle coming on… or do you start getting sick, book in to see your doc, get a covid test with the doc, wait for the results then if it comes back positive you go back in and see him and get a prescription for one of these pills..

gonna need a lot more GP’s.. its near impossible to get in to see a doctor as its is!..
The age of home test kits will dawn soon..the UK has them (very expensive) but nevertheless they will arrive here at some stage

Don't confuse what's happening here with what can happen. People in Europe are doing rapid at home testing before going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back