Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
The whole insurrection is starting to look a lot worse than I had originally thought. Panic buttons were ripped out of the offices of some prominent democrats. I'm also now seeing reports that fringe elements inside the Republican party itself assisted with reconnaissance of the capitol building. If this is proven, Democrats will have to grow some balls and actually hold these people accountable. Anything less would set the worst kind of precedent.

The whole insurrection is starting to look a lot worse than I had originally thought. Panic buttons were ripped out of the offices of some prominent democrats. I'm also now seeing reports that fringe elements inside the Republican party itself assisted with reconnaissance of the capitol building. If this is proven, Democrats will have to grow some balls and actually hold these people accountable. Anything less would set the worst kind of precedent.

They should be hung, drawn and quartered. An insurrection against Democracy which should not be tolerated. This cult needs to be stamped out. And it isn’t free speech either. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to knowingly tell lies and mistruths.

Trumpism is a cult, no ifs no buts and to think otherwise means you are thick as two short planks.

They should be hung, drawn and quartered. An insurrection against Democracy which should not be tolerated. This cult needs to be stamped out. And it isn’t free speech either. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to knowingly tell lies and mistruths.

Trumpism is a cult, no ifs no buts and to think otherwise means you are thick as two short planks.
I think many of his supporters are essentially cultists at this point. We saw plenty of creepy religious whackadoos come out of the woodwork during the election. It's undeniable that there is a sort of religious devotion to Trump from some of these people.

For certain Republican members of congress though, it's a cynical calculation that they'll be politically screwed if they divest themselves from Trump. The Republicans are essentially held hostage by this orange doofus and only a fraction of them have had the courage to actually stand up to him.

It's not all doom and gloom though. Josh Hawley's approval rating tanked hard in the wake of the capitol insurrection. He put his neck on the line for Trump and it backfired. Hopefully other Republicans noticed that.

I think many of his supporters are essentially cultists at this point. We saw plenty of creepy religious whackadoos come out of the woodwork during the election. It's undeniable that there is a sort of religious devotion to Trump from some of these people.

For certain Republican members of congress though, it's a cynical calculation that they'll be politically screwed if they divest themselves from Trump. The Republicans are essentially held hostage by this orange doofus and only a fraction of them have had the courage to actually stand up to him.

It's not all doom and gloom though. Josh Hawley's approval rating tanked hard in the wake of the capitol insurrection. He put his neck on the line for Trump and it backfired. Hopefully other Republicans noticed that.

Well they didn’t have the backbone to limit his power from 2016 so they can deal with the consequences. If the Republican Party doesn’t reinvent itself and get rid of the Trumpists they are going to die as their base over time (older white males) will diminish as a % of the population. And for that I don’t give a stuff, they can wither and die.

Well they didn’t have the backbone to limit his power from 2016 so they can deal with the consequences. If the Republican Party doesn’t reinvent itself and get rid of the Trumpists they are going to die as their base over time (older white males) will diminish as a % of the population. And for that I don’t give a stuff, they can wither and die.
They are the cockroaches of the political world. They always find a way to survive.

The far end crazies won't change who they vote for regardless of the party's support or not of Trump. I suppose it's a bit different in the US because they're not forced to vote, so you need to mobilise them. Trump did get them voting, but he's so toxic that for each of his crew that he mobilised, he managed to mobiles more opponent votes. It remains a laugh that he won the last election and was gifted 4 years in power because Democratic faithful refused to vote for Hillary. Could she have been that much worse a person than Biden? It's something that I cannot get my head around.

It remains a laugh that he won the last election and was gifted 4 years in power because Democratic faithful refused to vote for Hillary. Could she have been that much worse a person than Biden? It's something that I cannot get my head around.
Hillary was a more impressive candidate than Biden imo. Joe didnt carry the same baggage though. The right wing media has been smearing Hillary since the 90s. A fair chunk of democrats werent interested in her either.

That's a good thing.
It's not a good thing. There is nothing wrong with hosting conservatives but hard a right loon like Shapiro should be deplatformed and pushed back into the hole he crawled out of. Rogan doesn't want his channel associated with these creeps anyway. He already ditched Dave Rubin for that reason.

It's not a good thing. There is nothing wrong with hosting conservatives but hard a right loon like Shapiro should be deplatformed and pushed back into the hole he crawled out of. Rogan doesn't want his channel associated with these creeps anyway. He already ditched Dave Rubin for that reason.

I can't agree with deplatforming anyone, don't think that's a good move.

I can't agree with deplatforming anyone, don't think that's a good move.
These groups are still free to create their own platforms you know? They just don't want to because it's hard and they would rather leech off existing sites like youtube. Advertisers for major companies don't want their brands associated with a vocal minority of nutcases so they place pressure on youtube to divest themselves from those groups. That's just the free market working as intended.

Last edited:
These groups are still free to create their own platforms you know? They just don't want to because it's hard and they would rather leech off existing sites like youtube. Advertisers for major companies don't want their brands associated with a vocal minority of nutcases so they place pressure on youtube to divest themselves from those groups. That's just the free market working as intended.
They still got public beheadings on YouTube?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was up to you we wouldn't get the Rogan and Alex Jones mega podcasts!

Advertisers for major companies don't want their brands associated with a vocal minority of nutcases so they place pressure on youtube to divest themselves from those groups.
If you believe the motivation behind the actions of Youtube (and others) in deplatforming /demonitising certain users, is "pressure from advertisers" I've got a bridge to sell you.

They just don't want to because it's hard and they would rather leech off existing sites like youtube.
Using a platform that offers itself for a given purpose (e.g. uploading videos) is not "leeching".

Last edited:
They still got public beheadings on YouTube?
Not sure but I'm pretty sure it would be easier to post a public beheading than a clip of The Simpsons. The algorithm has some weird priorities.

If it was up to you we wouldn't get the Rogan and Alex Jones mega podcasts!
Rogan moved over to Spotify and they weren't all that happy with that. I don't mind Joe playing the martyr to get a guest on, I just wish it was somebody more deserving than Alex Jones. Where is my Dan Carlin mega podcast?

If you believe the motivation behind the actions of Youtube (and others) in deplatforming /demonitising certain users, is "pressure from advertisers" I've got a bridge to sell you.

Using a platform that offers itself for a given purpose (e.g. uploading videos) is not "leeching".
Fair enough. Leeching is harsh.

The anti-deplatforming crowd tend to say they dislike it because it's censorship. The point I was trying to make (badly) is that fringe weirdos don't have a god given right to post videos on Youtube. It's a private company. It's just a logical outcome that they'll take your content down if they decide hosting it is inconvenient or see value in point scoring by turfing you out.

deplatforming is for the intellectually bereft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back