Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Even before Covid19 they had the debt ballooning out.

They have embraced the debt and deficit strategies in recent years way before Covid19.
When your borrowing at 0.1% you’d be pretty silly to not get as much of that essentially free money as possible.

When your borrowing at 0.1% you’d be pretty silly to not get as much of that essentially free money as possible.

I don’t have an issue with borrowing and agree with interest rates at record lows but how their philosophy has changed.

The other thing is since the early 90’s the current interest rate peak has been lower than the previous peak. It has been a clear debt. The economy will not be able to absorb interest rate increases due to the high level of personal debt. People are more susceptible to any interest rate increases going forward.

I don’t have an issue with borrowing and agree with interest rates at record lows but how their philosophy has changed.

The other thing is since the early 90’s the current interest rate peak has been lower than the previous peak. It has been a clear debt. The economy will not be able to absorb interest rate increases due to the high level of personal debt. People are more susceptible to any interest rate increases going forward.
Yes it’s a dangerous game. I saw some talk about a reset but sounded like wishful thinking I expect.

I think their high borrowing ways aren’t a change of ideology though.
The Covid borrowing is worldwide phenomenon currently and I just think worldwide every country is borrowing because interest rates are super low. Productivity is kind of stagnant.
A Chrystal ball would be pretty handy as I don’t know where it goes from here.

Last edited:
Yes it’s a dangerous game. I saw some talk about a reset but sounded like wishful thinking I expect.

I think their high borrowing ways aren’t a change of ideology though.
The Covid borrowing is worldwide phenomenon currently and I just think worldwide every country is borrowing because interest rates are super low. Productivity is kind of stagnant.
A Chrystal ball would be pretty handy as I don’t know where it goes from here.

They had borrowed way before Covid19. The government gross debt as at June 30th 2013 (3 months before the 2013 election) was $257b and as at June 30th 2019 it was $542b - it had more than doubled in 6 years.

As at June 30th this year it was $685b.

Well read the last couple of paragraphs - this spat with China has been two years in the making. They haven’t been returning ministers calls for two bloody years - what is our federal government ministers doing? Hello, Marise Payne!

Has Trump actually conceded yet? It seems clear the fight is over, is it the norm there to roll out a concession speech?

He won’t concede. He won’t do a concession speech. It isn’t in his DNA. He is a narcissist and pathological liar.

And he certainly won’t do anything whilst he keeps racking in the money - around $207m at the moment which when you read the fine print he keeps around 80% of it for himself. That is why you have these farcical hearings etc - so his dumb arse followers hand over their $$$ thinking it is for court challenges etc. They are so incredibly stupid.

It is believed he won’t attend Biden’s inauguration (which is the norm) but will announce his candidacy for the 2024 Presidential Election on the same day.

Hopefully the State of New York will have him in jail at some point in the next few years. At the moment he has immunity as President but that all stops come Jan 20. And he can’t pardon himself for crimes against State jurisdictions that is why New York is waiting until Jan 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this says it all - you don’t need to pardon people if you have done nothing wrong. Corruption at the highest level.

Trumpism in a nutshell. His voters will overlook the lies and corruption because they like the racism.

snap_534719421.png

Well read the last couple of paragraphs - this spat with China has been two years in the making. They haven’t been returning ministers calls for two bloody years - what is our federal government ministers doing? Hello, Marise Payne!

So it’s not the Covid enquiry then?
What’s their gripe?
If you try calling me and I decide to ghost you. How would you deal with it?
Move on most likely.
1607378573582.gif

I can't even remember the last time I had an argument with my old man over SSM. I guess that he's finally come to terms with it. Turns out it didn't devalue any of his 3 marriages.
It's now widened his market too.. ;)

Looks like the law to ban conversion therapy in Victoria will be passed, despite the opposition dithering on their stance because of the extreme right elements in their ranks.

I had dinner with family friends last night ”grey nomads” best friend of my Aunty and Uncle. Their son now lives in Detroit (ex GMH worker picked up by Chevrolet) he’s around my age and a Facebook friend not a close friend though. His olds were saying Chevrolet just starting to operate again after being locked down since March. He reckons no one over there believes in Covid, he’s not heard of anyone that has had it. This is a guy that works in a huge automotive company and is very socially active. I see on Facebook.
I thought Michigan was pretty hot for Covid.

I had dinner with family friends last night ”grey nomads” best friend of my Aunty and Uncle. Their son now lives in Detroit (ex GMH worker picked up by Chevrolet) he’s around my age and a Facebook friend not a close friend though. His olds were saying Chevrolet just starting to operate again after being locked down since March. He reckons no one over there believes in Covid, he’s not heard of anyone that has had it. This is a guy that works in a huge automotive company and is very socially active. I see on Facebook.
I thought Michigan was pretty hot for Covid.

He is probably brain dead and would be one that would storm the city chambers with guns in tow. Only the real nut jobs don’t think it doesn’t exist.

And who would have guessed, the Texas Attorney General who is initiating the law suit in Texas with help of other Republican states and Trump is like to face federal and state charges. He would expecting a pardon from Trump - there is a reason people do things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back