Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
I think Pelosi is going a bit far with her terrorists claim of the RWNJ group yesterday.
I didn’t see bombs going off in school busses, in fact I didn’t see any armed rioters except a few at hand weapons like furniture etc.
That was just an angry mob buoyed by their idiot leaders comments.
The f***er is all but gone now, sadly I think this instability will remain though.
You didn't read the reports about the police finding pipe bombs and molotov cocktails?

I think Pelosi is going a bit far with her terrorists claim of the RWNJ group yesterday.
I didn’t see bombs going off in school busses, in fact I didn’t see any armed rioters except a few at hand weapons like furniture etc.
That was just an angry mob buoyed by their idiot leaders comments.
The f***er is all but gone now, sadly I think this instability will remain though.
People tend to associate the word with islam but the definition of terrorism is:

"the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims"

I'd argue the people who went there speicifcally to commit acts of violence are terrorists. Not everybody in that crowd would have been there for blood though. A fair few of them were just loitering around taking selfies.

People tend to associate the word with islam but the definition of terrorism is:

"the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims"
Which is exactly what yesterday's treasonous insurrectionists were attempting to achieve.

I'd argue the people who went there speicifcally to commit acts of violence are terrorists. Not everybody in that crowd would have been there for blood though. A fair few of them were just loitering around taking selfies.
Terrorists tend to sneakily blow other people up. Shoot them from a hidden place.
These were protesters that turned into a riot.
Molotov cocktails are weapons of rioters not terrorists. Unused pipe bombs are not terrorist weapons.
Terrorism is used to scare the population. This was aimed at the politicians inside the building.
It was a plain and simple protest that went too far. Probably because the security guards bailed and the protesters saw an opportunity so took advantage.

Terrorists tend to sneakily blow other people up. Shoot them from a hidden place.
These were protesters that turned into a riot.
Molotov cocktails are weapons of rioters not terrorists. Unused pipe bombs are not terrorist weapons.
Terrorism is used to scare the population. This was aimed at the politicians inside the building.
It was a plain and simple protest that went too far. Probably because the security guards bailed and the protesters saw an opportunity so took advantage.
Nah mate you've just concocted an overly narrow definition of terrorism in your head. The actual definition of the word has been stated and many of yesterdays perpetrators fit the bill perfectly.

Nah mate you've just concocted an overly narrow definition of terrorism in your head. The actual definition of the word has been stated and many of yesterdays perpetrators fit the bill perfectly.
I like my definition better. So people can protest without ending up in Guantanamo bay.

So you can't tell the difference between a lawful peaceful protest and what happened yesterday?
Yeah it was a protest that went violent.
Happens all the time.
It’s been happening all over America this last 12 months, with whole neighbourhoods being raised to the ground.
Never heard it called Terrorism before though.
Thin edge of the wedge cupcake.

So Trump has now come out hard and said the protesters will pay, right after he egged them on.

There’s video footage of pre riot party where the Trumps are celebrating and Trump has boxing gloves on.

I wonder if this treatment of his nut job followers might see a dent in his support?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still amazed the cops just allowed them to stroll in like that. I'd wager some of those guys will be out of work in a couple weeks.
How so? The higher levels of the police force would be in charge of the firing wanted it that way, so why would they get sacked?

I could see some of the poor sods who are unlucky enough to be filmed taking selfies and stuff with the MAGAs could be made scapegoats, becuase 'Murica, but that's all.

Given the Maga nutjobs had been saying they'd do this for weeks now, it's hardly a protest that got out of hand.
They were also encouraged to do so by the government.

I could see some of the poor sods who are unlucky enough to be filmed taking selfies and stuff with the MAGAs could be made scapegoats, becuase 'Murica, but that's all.
Well you would be wrong. The capitol police chief is resigning.

Yeah it was a protest that went violent.
Happens all the time.
It’s been happening all over America this last 12 months, with whole neighbourhoods being raised to the ground.
Never heard it called Terrorism before though.
Thin edge of the wedge cupcake.
Numerous people on the right referred to the BLM movement as terrorism including the orange one himself. The definition is pretty simple, if you use violence and intimidation to achieve a political goal, you are a terrorist and that extends to BLM protestors as well. Fortunately unlike yesterday, 93% of those protests were peaceful.

I wouldn't be foolish enough to equate BLM to what happened yesterday. One movement is based on legitimate grievances regarding police brutality and the other is a bunch of misinformed rednecks not understanding how elections work and taking their anger out of democratically elected representatives.

hmmm. Scapegoating goes up the tree a bit then. Didn't Trump put this guy in place?
I think you and me might have different ideas about how accountability works. The police literally opened the gates and some of were seen taking selfies with the rioters. If you're in charge of police at the capitol and something like this unfolds, it's just common decency to resign from your post. In any case, I'm pretty sure he knows which way the wind is blowing and this is more of a "you cant fire me, I quit" type of situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back