Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
In my case it was around the tax on trust distributions. I also disliked their negative hearing ideas and CGT changes to. All of those things would have hurt me I believe. I even discussed it with my accountant just before the election.

Sometimes you actually have to choose what is good for the country and not yourself. I was more than happy to vote for ALP (I didn’t because I hated Shorten and so abstain - yeh, yeh I know) and lose the franking credits as one who won’t pay tax once I reach 60 (this year). Sometimes it isn’t always about oneself.

Just on trusts, I don’t have an issue having one family trust but over my career I saw numerous instances of individuals with multiple trusts - totally unnecessary. One family trust exempt from tax but if you have multiple trusts then tax as per company tax rate.

Well tax is the number one killer of saving for the future. So you don’t need to hold your hand out when you retire. Welfare is getting someone else’s money. Paying less tax is just keeping more of your own money.
I’d prefer the later.

You do understand tax pays for things like road, schools etc?

Welfare should be given to those in need, not to the wealthy.

Sometimes you actually have to choose what is good for the country and not yourself. I was more than happy to vote for ALP (I didn’t because I hated Shorten and so abstain - yeh, yeh I know) and lose the franking credits as one who won’t pay tax once I reach 60 (this year). Sometimes it isn’t always about oneself.

Just on trusts, I don’t have an issue having one family trust but over my career I saw numerous instances of individuals with multiple trusts - totally unnecessary. One family trust exempt from tax but if you have multiple trusts then tax as per company tax rate.
If you leave money to be taxed in a trust it’s taxed at 48.5%. No one does this. They distribute to themselves and pay tax at their marginal rate.
Trusts are for asset protection. You don’t want some ******* slipping on their own bar of soap and getting their grubby mitts on all your properties hence own them in separate entities. Separate trusts.

You do understand tax pays for things like road, schools etc?

Welfare should be given to those in need, not to the wealthy.
Christian Porters legal fees, long lunches with lobbyists, helicopter rides to Geelong. The list goes on for all eternity.

I think Kerry Packer articulated it best.

I am not evading tax in any way, shape or form. Of course, I am minimising my tax. Anybody in this country who does not minimise his tax wants his head read. I can tell you as a government that you are not spending it so well that we should be donating extra.

Sometimes you actually have to choose what is good for the country and not yourself.
Remember who you're talking to... someone who has proven over & over in every single COVID discussion to be one of the most selfish people on the face of the planet.

Remember who you're talking to... someone who has proven over & over in every single COVID discussion to be one of the most selfish people on the face of the planet.
🤣🤣🤣
1617883696772.gif

Watching ABC 7:30 report on illegal immigration into the US. Pretty much all of them unaccompanied minors.

I like the ABC’s spin they like to put on everything repeatedly calling them “asylum seekers”. Rather than what they are. Illegal immigrants. They are not escaping persecution they are going for monetary gain and said so themselves.

Asylum Seeker
noun
  1. a person who has left their home country as a political refugee and is seeking asylum in another.
    "only asylum seekers who are granted refugee status are allowed to work in the country"

Aren’t there high numbers in many countries and don’t they have quarantine hotels to contain cases.
Seems like more government overreach.

Exactly good policy putting an end to the free lunch.
So when a portion of your wage is put in your superannuation account each week. Then you’re only taxed on it at 15% even though it would normally be taxed at your highest marginal rate, this is not a similar welfare. Then when you draw down on these savings at retirement entirely tax free your not getting more welfare. Right, I understand. 🤫 don’t tell anyone your secret. 🤣

I wrote to Warren Entche (my local member) the other day. Just voicing my disagreement with the border force requirements for exit permits and entry requirements. The stipulation that you have had to live with for 6+ months, share finances with and have joint names on leases etc to be considered in a relationship of any worth. Manny married with kids don’t even qualify with those strict requirements.
Reply from the secretary. Copy and past. Smart traveller and border force web addresses links.
Gee thanks I hadn’t read them 5000 times already. 😩

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote to Warren Entche (my local member) the other day. Just voicing my disagreement with the border force requirements for exit permits and entry requirements. The stipulation that you have had to live with for 6+ months, share finances with and have joint names on leases etc to be considered in a relationship of any worth. Manny married with kids don’t even qualify with those strict requirements.
Reply from the secretary. Copy and past. Smart traveller and border force web addresses links.
Writing to the manager about covid lockdowns is such a Karen move.

You honestly expected better.

It is indicative of the lazy, corrupt, incompetent buffoons who currently reside in the government.

One cluster* after another. As I‘ve said previously they couldn’t organise a root in a brothel.

Make no mistake, I will be voting against them next election. You could put up the The Muppets as candidates and I’d vote for them over this lot.

You honestly expected better.

It is indicative of the lazy, corrupt, incompetent buffoons who currently reside in the government.

One clusterfu** after another. As I‘ve said previously they couldn’t organise a root in a brothel.

Make no mistake, I will be voting against them next election. You could put up the The Muppets as candidates and I’d vote for them over this lot.
Kirky voting against the Libs? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you! ;)

So... AZ is no longer to be used for people aged under 50. That includes me.

A couple of thoughts here...

Firstly, this is exactly why I was arguing that the clinical trials for these vaccines weren't long or thorough enough to identify any problems. This is a clear case of "I told you so". AZ should probably never have been approved in the first place. It's almost completely ineffective against the newer strains, and now we find that people aged under 50 have a 1 in 200,000 chance of dying from blood clots caused by the vaccine. The TGA really screwed the pooch here, rushing to approve it based on incomplete trial results.

Secondly, WTF are my options now? Currently Pfizer is being reserved for 1A, and they're still only 2/3 of their way through that group 8 weeks after they started. Australia is only getting 100K Pfizer doses a week, and the GPs will still only be getting AZ (given that most of 1B are aged 50+ and not affected by the changes announced last night). As a member of Team 1B, aged under 50, where the hell do I go to get a Pfizer shot?

And that's before we get into all of the other issues... such as how we're supposed to achieve herd immunity (which requires at least 70% of the population to be vaccinated), given that none of the vaccines have so far been approved for use with children?

I'm assuming moving over to Pfizer is going to mean massive delays. We're bloody lucky to have low infections rates.
There are mitigating factors, which mean that the delay shouldn't be that bad... at least it wouldn't if we didn't have the clueless muppet Bozo the Clown running the logistics.

The overwhelming bulk of group 1B is aged 50+. They can still go to the GP to get the AZ muck plunged into their arms, just as they could before (at least they could if the Feds were actually capable of distributing the AZ muck to the GPs in reasonable quantities).

The Govt has ordered 50M doses of Novavax, which they're now hoping will start to arrive in Q3 - though it hasn't finished clinical trials yet.

At this stage, the only people who are really affected by the change are people like me - 1B members aged under 50. I suspect that it's a relatively small cohort.

It's definitely complicated things significantly, but 1A was getting Pfizer anyway, and most of 1B is aged 50+.

Good news for you mistylake - your loophole for getting out of Australia may have opened:
https://www.traveller.com.au/new-ze...s-can-travel-to-other-countries-via-nz-h1uzn7

It appears that Australians who fly to NZ are then free to fly to a 3rd country, without having to go through Border Farce's restrictive approvals process. You would still need to spend 2 weeks in quarantine on return (assuming you can get a flight back to Australia in the first place), regardless of whether you returned via NZ or directly to Australia.

I'm assuming moving over to Pfizer is going to mean massive delays. We're bloody lucky to have low infections rates.

My wife had a great point this morning as to why the government made the under 50 rule for the AZ vaccine.

It's no secret that the whole thing has been one massive stuff up by the Libs, so by cutting off everyone under 50 from the program it now allows them to just focus solely on the over 50s while the rest of the country gets put on pause indefinitely.

It gives them the perfect excuse of "We're keeping Australia safe" to justify why all the under 50s in Australia will remain unvaccinated until god knows when (most probably 2022 at the earliest)

My wife had a great point this morning as to why the government made the under 50 rule for the AZ vaccine.

It's no secret that the whole thing has been one massive stuff up by the Libs, so by cutting off everyone under 50 from the program it now allows them to just focus solely on the over 50s while the rest of the country gets put on pause indefinitely.

It gives them the perfect excuse of "We're keeping Australia safe" to justify why all the under 50s in Australia will remain unvaccinated until god knows when (most probably 2022 at the earliest)
In guess everyone under. 50 can just wait around until hell freezes over while all us 50+’s start travelling again. Won’t that be popular.

In guess everyone under. 50 can just wait around until hell freezes over while all us 50+’s start travelling again. Won’t that be popular.

Won't bother me, I've never left Australia and my first overseas holiday was cancelled through covid.

I now have no plans of leaving Australia anytime soon and am more than happy with the current measures in place.

Won't bother me, I've never left Australia and my first overseas holiday was cancelled through covid.

I now have no plans of leaving Australia anytime soon and am more than happy with the current measures in place.
Good for you.

I'm probably the least affected person on the planet when it comes to dealing with covid. It hasn't changed my life in any meaningful way at all. Even when we went into lockdown early in 2020, I was still going to the office as part of a skeleton crew. I'm also a bit of a homebody in general. I feel kind of fortunate my brain is programmed this way. The more extraverted, outgoing people I know had a tough time of it. I feel for people losing their jobs too which is why I try not to get too judgemental about people with itchy feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back