Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Anyway, just a prediction. I do hope I am wrong and 2022 is lockdown free. Australia wide.

I don’t think you are wrong. Look, maybe there won’t be Sydney or Melbourne-style lockdowns that last several months, but there will be remnants of this current regime. You can count on that.

1970crow made an interesting point a few posts back. He basically said he’ll get vaccinated as that’s the only way the government will ever get off his back.

Just understand, if that’s your reason for getting it, then you have already handed over control.

Again, to be clear, I am not anti-vaccination, I am not even anti Covid-vaccination. The Covid vaccination might or might not be the medical miracle of the century, and anyone who wants it should be able to get it.

But in a western democracy — a free country which has sacrificed lives for individual liberty — nobody’s freedom should depend on being injected with the Covid vaccine. That is wrong, and it will always be wrong, no matter what the shills on here say.

Upon entering the Ministry Morrison would have been briefed that senior intelligence agencies considered a viral pandemic to be the world’s, and therefore Australia’s, greatest security threat.

One of Obama’s early decisions after his 2009 inauguration was how to plan for and respond to the outbreak of a pandemic illness. His science advisers briefed him daily on the emerging threat of swine flu. A pandemic infrastructure was put in place. The Global Health Security and Biodefense unit — responsible for pandemic preparedness — was established in 2015.

By 2016 Obama’s National Security Council had prepared a detailed, thorough "pandemic playbook"* which detailed hundreds of tactics and key policy decisions. The guide called for a “unified message. Early coordination of risk communications through a single federal spokesperson is critical,” to avoid the piecemeal thinking we have seen from a variety of Ministers, Generals and Premiers.

Pence’s Operation Warp Speed made it clear to even those of minimal intellect that the development of a vaccine, and the inoculation of the entire population as quickly as possible, was the major defence.

To say there was no playbook is patently ridiculous.

* Playbook for early response to high-consequence emerging infectious disease threats and biological incidents. 69p

Isn't the story that they recognised the need to massively increase the number of ventilators - but then the procurement processes intervened, stalled for several years and was still in-progress when the pandemic hit?

Yes, unfortunately we have a PM who initially didn't think it was a race to get vaccinated...

It was at least partially a boast I reckon. "Let the non-awesome covid managing governments have their little vaccine first, SmoCo amd his magic cabinet of premiers don't need it, we're totes awesome". Funny thing is that the posters here most outraged about the delayed rollout were also the ones that scoffed at the idea of a non 5 year in development vaccine and that getting ours later was great because we could treat the early adopting nations as our guinea pigs.

I don’t think you are wrong. Look, maybe there won’t be Sydney or Melbourne-style lockdowns that last several months, but there will be remnants of this current regime. You can count on that.

1970crow made an interesting point a few posts back. He basically said he’ll get vaccinated as that’s the only way the government will ever get off his back.

Just understand, if that’s your reason for getting it, then you have already handed over control.

Again, to be clear, I am not anti-vaccination, I am not even anti Covid-vaccination. The Covid vaccination might or might not be the medical miracle of the century, and anyone who wants it should be able to get it.

But in a western democracy — a free country which has sacrificed lives for individual liberty — nobody’s freedom should depend on being injected with the Covid vaccine. That is wrong, and it will always be wrong, no matter what the shills on here say.
First thing, I am for the vaccine. Personally in favour and want to have it. Booked in for first dose in a couple of weeks. This is my choice as I do see it is part of the way out and I feel it is safe. As safe as any medication. No different to the flu vac I get each year.

However, being virtually mandated to take a preventative drug is wrong. Even if under the guise of the greater good.

Would it be right to force females to take birth control pills if the population got out of control?

China had mandatory use of a IUD for woman after the birth of a child. This was seen as part of the greater good for society. It has since stopped and the West pointed our finger at them

Is this any different?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I live to give.

We may or may not have enough ICU beds but would we have enough staff to cope with these full?
Yes, because we trained up hundreds of nursing staff when the pandemic hit.

Good luck getting your elective surgery done though.

Sky News banned from YouTube for 7 days for publicising fake news

I believe Alan Jones’ show is the culprit of the ban

The overlords can’t at any stage lose control of the narrative. Contrary opinions must be censored.

This is all totally normal and not totalitarian or Orwellian whatsoever.

Sky News banned from YouTube for 7 days for publicising fake news

I believe Alan Jones’ show is the culprit of the ban
The less people who listen to sky news after dark & the bunch of whackos, the better!

Problem is there are so many gullible people who actually believe their gutter trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s that 30% Singapore vaccination target going? Or was it 70% or 80% now…. Sorry I’m losing track, I’ll check back tomorrow to see what your opinion is then.
The 30% in Singapore has been shown not to he enough if you have been following them... but you think 0% is enough & just let there be thousands of deaths so you can have all your freedoms...

Tonnes of people have missed elective surgery because of lockdowns, not a single Australian has missed elective surgery because of hospitals overflowing from Covid.
Clearly no clue what happened in the UK & other countries where covid was out of control.

You would be a great candidate to take over from Alan Jones when he falls of his perch...

You said it was enough. Not me.
Nowhere have I said 30% would be enough... but we know your priority is to spread lies. I'll leave it to the expert epidemiologists.

Think I'll just call you sky after dark.

Clearly no clue what happened in the UK & other countries where covid was out of control.

You would be a great candidate to take over from Alan Jones where he falls of his perch...

It doesn’t really matter what he said, he could’ve said he was the King of Sweden for all I care.

If you think it’s a good thing having big tech deciding what people can and can’t say, I don’t know what to tell you.

Nowhere have I said 30% would be enough... but we know your priority is to spread lies. I'll leave it to the expert epidemiologists.

Singapore have opened up with around 30% with 1 vaccination & around 30% fully vaccinated.

Of those who have been fully vaccinated, no one has been hospitalised after catching covid & no one has died.

Those who have had 2 vaccination no one has died, but some have been hospitalised.

0.6% of those without a vaccination have died from covid.

Once all vulnerable Australians are vaccinated or have had an opportunity to be vaccinated, we too should follow the Singapore approach.

It doesn’t really matter what he said, he could’ve said he was the King of Sweden for all I care.

If you think it’s a good thing having big tech deciding what people can and can’t say, I don’t know what to tell you.
It's about time media were made accountable for spreading outright lies that are damaging to society... but given your propensity for also spreading lies, I can see why you have no issue with this.

Everyone has rights... including big media companies to deny use of their platform where they choose. If Sky were being truthful then they would be no issue.

Tonnes of people have missed elective surgery because of lockdowns, not a single Australian has missed elective surgery because of hospitals overflowing from Covid.

Hospitals were totally empty in the first wave that started with the NSW Ruby Princess. Ive a cousin with a few bars in Adelaide city and when we started opening up after the initial lockdown the government tried to push the need of a registered nurse being on premises at all times when open. The health industry in SA has largely been on gardening leave throughout the last 18 months. My sister, ***** thst she is, was sent on forced leave from Alice Springs Hospital as a critical care nurse because lockdown killed her market. But that wouldn't stop people putting their scrubs out for the hospital industry. People are just so stupid.

Hospitals were totally empty in the first wave that started with the NSW Ruby Princess. Ive a cousin with a few bars in Adelaide city and when we started opening up after the initial lockdown the government tried to push the need of a registered nurse being on premises at all times when open. The health industry in SA has largely been on gardening leave throughout the last 18 months. My sister, fu****** thst she is, was sent on forced leave from Alice Springs Hospital as a critical care nurse because lockdown killed her market. But that wouldn't stop people putting their scrubs out for the hospital industry. People are just so stupid.

Clap for the NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back