Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:

Hmmm - one is known for the company that they keep

First this

then

and now we have this

Last edited:
Whislt sad he died, it's good news that he had underlying heart conditions - when it was previously reported he had no known health issues.

Doesn’t change the fact that others under 40 have died from covid & had no known underlying health issues.

Get a covax & you have little to be concerned about.

Whislt sad he died, it's good news that he had underlying heart conditions - when it was previously reported he had no known health issues.

Doesn’t change the fact that others under 40 have died from covid & had no known underlying health issues.

Apparently he was on day 13 of self isolation having caught it from his missus who brought it home from the aged care centre she worked at. Apparently he tested negative the day before. Obviously the damage was done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First this

then

and now we have this

What a coincidence!

Who? And how many?
How about you research all the deaths... as I have got better things to do to answer all your questions.

You can start with the deaths from the current NSW outbreak.

Bottom line is avoid getting vaccinated at your own peril.. but the message clearly isn't getting through to you.

For your sake I hope you don't come into contact with anyone who has covid... but it is a risky move to be unvaccinated when things open up.

Young guy that sadly died of covid apparently had a long history of heart problems.
Just checked & this not quite correct. He hadn't previously had any heart problems, but there was a history of heart issues for his family. So whislt it is likely he may have had an underlying heart issue, it wasn't previously diagnosed & he personally didn't have a long history of heart issues.

So anyone whose family has as a history of heart issues or other chronic diseases should get themselves vaccinated asap.

First this

then

and now we have this

No wonder he fled the country

Just checked & this not quite correct. He hadn't previously had any heart problems, but there was a history of heart issues for his family. So whislt it is likely he may have had an underlying heart issue, it wasn't previously diagnosed & he personally didn't have a long history of heart issues.

So anyone whose family has as a history of heart issues or other chronic diseases should get themselves vaccinated asap.
Yeah my old man had a heart transplant. I'm awful tempted to just go and get the Astra jab right now if I'm able to.

tenor.gif

I’m going to have to fact check Lyn’s claims in future. I do a good enough job of embarrassing myself, don’t need two of us on the job.

I’m going to have to fact check Lyn’s claims in future. I do a good enough job of embarrassing myself, don’t need two of us on the job.
I was actually hoping she would be correct, as would be less of a concern. I suspect they may find something undiagnosed if they did an autopsy... but then how many people have an underlying condition undiagnosed as they haven't had any issues?

How about you research all the deaths...

I have, you clearly haven’t. I have said many times it is almost a statistically insiginifcant threat for anyone under 50 (and especially under 40) in good health. Yes, it is a threat at the very margins, the same way there is a marginal threat that younger people will die of a host of other respiratory viruses and diseases. All of these cases are serious and very sad — nobody denies that. But when you are enacting public health policy that affects millions of people, you use the statistical data and the risk analysis. Or at least we used to…

Bottom line is avoid getting vaccinated at your own peril.. but the message clearly isn't getting through to you.

Why do you keep saying this? I’ve never encouraged anyone to get vaccinated or to not get vaccinated. I’ve always said anybody who wants it should get it, that it should be a choice, people (including me) should talk it over with a trusted doctor first, and that nobody’s freedoms should depend on it.

Telling people you don’t know to rush out and get the vaxx is just as bad as telling people not to get it. You don’t know anybody’s personal medical situation.

Last edited:
Victoria back in state-wide lockdown despite there being no cases outside Melbourne. Stairman Dan loudly calls for a ring of steel for Sydney....but won't even attempt it for Melbourne. Well done to the Age today for highlighting the mental health issues caused by lockdown.

Really starting to get to people’: Lockdowns familiar but don’t get easier By Michael Fowler and Anna Prytz
August 6, 2021 — 5.00am

Every time Victoria snaps back into lockdown, public health physician Nathan Grills notices the same trend when he works his Saturday shift in a Melbourne emergency department. “There’ll be a whole lot less sporting injuries, then you get a rebound in mental health disorders, domestic violence incidences and eating disorders. They trend up after a few days of lockdown,” he says....

Professor Patrick McGorry, one of the country’s leading youth mental health experts and former Australian of the Year, believes lockdowns are “really starting to get to people”...

Patrick McGorry says the effect of lockdowns is cumulative. "But that’s tweaking at the edges. We have to get past lockdowns as a strategy and obviously pushing vaccines - all vaccines that are safe and approved - is the start,” he says. “The next is the shadow pandemic of mental health. The Premier has been a great champion of mental health but there are ways to bolster the system in the short-term. We need to repurpose existing workforces, a bit like they did with COVID - instantly hiring contact tracers and buying ventilators. Most nurses and doctors have had mental health training and could be used.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back