Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
I think we'll be vaccinating kids as young as 12 by the end of the year.
What % of Australians are 12 and under?

I am guessing at least 15.

Therefore to hit such a target close to 100% of those 12 and over are to be vaccinated.

You would think 80% is adult population?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Melbourne’s “short” ”hard” “snap” lockdown worked so well that it’s been extended.

Well I for one did not see this one coming. This is truly shocking.

The Vic one will in all likelihood be over with the fortnight whilst NSW will still be going into November possibly December. Interestingly the Vic second wave, cases peaked at day 51 (lockdown started 7/7 and ended 26/10) whilst NSW is at day 50 and cases have yet to peak.

Hope no-one wants to go to NSW and then return to their home state this side of Xmas. All the states will leave their border closed to NSW residents until the end of the year as it stands.

But hey, “Gold Standard Gladys”, is at the helm. Total cluster*!

Last edited:

The Vic one will in all likelihood be over with the fortnight

Was only supposed to be a “snap” lockdown. What happened? Snap lockdowns are faultless and always work, they never get extended. There must be an explanation, maybe somebody sang or danced? Did somebody drink standing up? Maybe someone’s mask slipped below their nose at Bunnings.

Whatever it was the experts will find out. I have faith in them.

What % of Australians are 12 and under?

I am guessing at least 15.

Therefore to hit such a target close to 100% of those 12 and over are to be vaccinated.

You would think 80% is adult population?

Think around 20% of the population are aged 16 & under.

Modelling shows we need to covax 80% of the other 80%.... which is around 64% of our population.

I posted the country covax rates the other day.

Last edited:
The Vic one will in all likelihood be over with the fortnight whilst NSW will still be going into November possibly December. Interestingly the Vic second wave, cases peaked at day 51 (lockdown started 7/7 and ended 26/10) whilst NSW is at day 50 and cases have yet to peak.

Hope no-one wants to go to NSW and then return to their home state this side of Xmas. All the states will leave their border closed to NSW residents until the end of the year as it stands.

But hey, “Gold Standard Gladys”, is at the helm. Total clusterfu**!
That’s a bit of a bastard for returning travellers as pretty much the bulk of flights are through Sydney by the look of it. I don’t particularly want to fly into Sydney and double dip quarantine. My return flight is to Brisbane but not very confident if it will be running by then.

That’s a bit of a bastard for returning travellers as pretty much the bulk of flights are through Sydney by the look of it. I don’t particularly want to fly into Sydney and double dip quarantine. My return flight is to Brisbane but not very confident if it will be running by then.

Well I’m afraid that the interests of 18m people take precedence over 8m people especially when the Premier of that state refuses to do what each other state has done whenever cases have appeared - go into a short sharp lockdown. These cases started back on June 16th from an unvaccinated limo driver transporting international airline crew! Why wasn’t the limo driver vaccinated?

Well I’m afraid that the interests of 18m people take precedence over 8m people especially when the Premier of that state refuses to do what each other state has done whenever cases have appeared - go into a short sharp lockdown. These cases started back on June 16th from an unvaccinated limo driver transporting international airline crew! Why wasn’t the limo driver vaccinated?
He wasn't vaccinated because he is aged 50+ and his family has a history of blood clots. He wasn't eligible for Pfizer, and he had solid medical reasons for not wanting to get AZ.

The question isn't why he wasn't vaccinated - it's why was an unvaccinated person was allowed to continue working in a front line position?

I have no problem with him working as a driver while unvaccinated (especially back in June, when this all began). However, he should not have been transporting aircrew who were potentially COVID positive. There are/were plenty of driving jobs he could have had, which didn't put him in contact with overseas travellers.

He wasn't vaccinated because he is aged 50+ and his family has a history of blood clots. He wasn't eligible for Pfizer, and he had solid medical reasons for not wanting to get AZ.

The question isn't why he wasn't vaccinated - it's why was an unvaccinated person was allowed to continue working in a front line position?

I have no problem with him working as a driver while unvaccinated (especially back in June, when this all began). However, he should not have been transporting aircrew who were potentially COVID positive. There are/were plenty of driving jobs he could have had, which didn't put him in contact with overseas travellers.

Sorry what you say regarding front line is why I wondered how you can have unvaccinated individuals doing those type of roles. I didn’t mean why was he unvaccinated, I meant why was he unvaccinated carting international flight crew around. It was an unnecessary risk which has cost people their lives and livelihoods. Another stupid mistake which I thought we shouldn’t be doing after 18+ months.

Boom here comes another one.
seven day lockdown over one case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly wouldn’t allow my kids to have it without fully understanding the ramifications, if this is at all possible.

I certainly wouldn’t allow my kids to have it without fully understanding the ramifications, if this is at all possible.

The author says as others have said (including ATAGI saying similar):

"...people are still free to get vaccinated, and will do so according to the overall balance of risks and rewards that they perceive in their mind."

I don't understand how/why experts get to delegate their job to non-experts. It worries me that they are so out of touch that they think joe-in-the-street without medical or scientific training could access and process that information, and that they don't seem to realise by saying things like that they legitimise the anti-vaxxers.

Can someone please explain how the hell people in Categories 1A and 1B still haven’t been vaccinated?

I’m referring to border force, health care, staff and patients in disability and aged care

I thought they we meant to be done by 30th April/31st May.

It is a bloody disgrace and yet sQomo made sure he got both his shots of Pfizer.

If you read the article instead of the misleading headline, it's a decent read.

Yes, you can still catch covid if you have had AZ or any other vaccine for that matter... this is not new news!

The important thing is fully vaccinated people have a small chance of being hospitalised & very small chances of dying forn covid.

If you look at the hospitalisation & death numbers since the UK have opened up, they have been very low, compared to before the vaccination program. It would also be interesting to know the split of those in hospital/died who were unvaccinated v vaccinated.

The bottom line is the only smart thing is for people to get vaccinated so we can live with covid on an ongoing basis & minimise the risk.

Good article, but poor work by the editor with an alarmist headline suggesting AZ is pointless.

Can someone please explain how the hell people in Categories 1A and 1B still haven’t been vaccinated?

I’m referring to border force, health care, staff and patients in disability and aged care

It is a bloody disgrace and yet sQomo made sure he got both his shots of Pfizer.

Yes, how we still have vulnerable people or those caring for the vulnerable still unvaccinated after all this time is a disgrace.

If a carer doesn't want to get vaccinated they don't care & should be looking for another job.

They haven't been forced to.

There is supply of Pfizer, demand has not outstripped supply in Australia. Look at how that DHS Vaccination centre at Highgate started accepting u40s.

Yes, how we still have vulnerable people or those caring for the vulnerable still unvaccinated after all this time is a disgrace.

If a carer doesn't want to get vaccinated they don't care & should be looking for another job.
There are a lot of Nurses, Doctors and other Allied Health staff in the public health system who won't get vaccinated until forced to as well.

The author says as others have said (including ATAGI saying similar):

"...people are still free to get vaccinated, and will do so according to the overall balance of risks and rewards that they perceive in their mind."

I don't understand how/why experts get to delegate their job to non-experts. It worries me that they are so out of touch that they think joe-in-the-street without medical or scientific training could access and process that information, and that they don't seem to realise by saying things like that they legitimise the anti-vaxxers.
Libel laws I would guess. Does anyone want something that changes their DNA inside their kids or themselves. Probably not.
This article doesn’t confirm it but it does suggest it and it’s a University researched hypothesis. And when you look at the millions of deaths kids are still very rarely affected so I will tread warily on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back