Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
They haven't been forced to.

There is supply of Pfizer, demand has not outstripped supply in Australia. Look at how that DHS Vaccination centre at Highgate started accepting u40s.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Legally unable to I expect.
They don’t want it known as the house of cards that is. (Vaccine passports) requires bulk acceptance but the reality is there are constitutional rights, not enough but we need to retain our rights as there’s nothing left once they are gone.

If you read the article instead of the misleading headline, it's a decent read.

Yes, you can still catch covid if you have had AZ or any other vaccine for that matter... this is not new news!

The important thing is fully vaccinated people have a small chance of being hospitalised & very small chances of dying forn covid.

If you look at the hospitalisation & death numbers since the UK have opened up, they have been very low, compared to before the vaccination program. It would also be interesting to know the split of those in hospital/died who were unvaccinated v vaccinated.

The bottom line is the only smart thing is for people to get vaccinated so we can live with covid on an ongoing basis & minimise the risk.

Good article, but poor work by the editor with an alarmist headline suggesting AZ is pointless.
This is why they say stop testing people who are well and locking them up. It’s endemic and we lost the war for zero Covid. It’s now on to, help those that are unwell. I’ve never been tested except when I flew and I had to show a PCR negative. I had a sore throat here in indo 2 weeks ago. I didn’t run off and get tested. * that. If I felt very unwell I would have got medical attention but of course it was nothing and no one else got anything either.
This is the new, new normal.

Legally unable to I expect.
They don’t want it known as the house of cards that is. (Vaccine passports) requires bulk acceptance but the reality is there are constitutional rights, not enough but we need to retain our rights as there’s nothing left once they are gone.
Does Australia have "Rights" included in the Constitution. No Bill of Rights like US, as far as I am aware

Does Australia have "Rights" included in the Constitution. No Bill of Rights like US, as far as I am aware

I have no Idea, we must have some rights. Sounds a bit unacceptable if we don’t. But the way things have gone the last 18 months it doesn’t surprise me. I don’t think Australia is the same place it was 18 months ago. It’s developed a bit of a s**t sandwich feel to it. More noticeable when you step outside and look back in on it. 😭

well its an outright lie to say that Australia lags the rest of the world on climate change and is the largest fossil fuel driver when china is building dozens of coal fired power stations every year. India the same - building new coal fired power stations - 2 of the worlds major greenhouse gas emitters leaving Australia for dust. Oh and apparently we rank 54 in the world..out of 195..so we are in the top 3rd in the world for action on climate change:thumbsu:

CCPI 2021 - Country Scorecard
Logo

Country
last year
Rank
△ Australia

And as for money laundering - it seems that Australia LEADS the world right now on stamping it out or did you miss operation ironside?

Edit

Largest greenhouse gas emitters by country

And on a capita basis? Pretty simple that a country of 26 million will have less emissions than a country of over 1 billion or even a country of 350 million but we pour out more than these countries on a per capita basis.

We will pay the price literally by our inaction on climate change with these muppets in Canberra in charge. Europe and US will tax us as is their right.

And on a capita basis? Pretty simple that a country of 26 million will have less emissions than a country of over 1 billion or even a country of 350 million but we pour out more than these countries on a per capita basis.

We will pay the price literally by our inaction on climate change with these muppets in Canberra in charge. Europe and US will tax us as is their right.
I couldn't give a stuff about per capita - the article you referred to says Australia - and Australia's emissions are 1.3% of the global total. Its not like the entire world is populated by Australians so per capita is a rubbish stat in this instance - Australia as a nation could literally reduce its entire emissions to 0 and it would not make any tangible difference to the worlds temperature. Go whine to china and India and get them to reduce their emissions back - that will help the world

The obvious question which I haven’t heard asked in relation to the Olympic athletes having to quarantine again here after coming from Sydney.
Is why did they chose to come through Sydney when they were apparently told by the sa government a month ago that they would have to do this?

The athletes themselves didn't get the choice, that was on the AOC. Sounds like the AOC arrogantly thought they'd just appeal and get an exemption which Spurrier denied quick time. The AOC is the bad guy here, Pembo's article was spot on.

I couldn't give a stuff about per capita - the article you referred to says Australia - and Australia's emissions are 1.3% of the global total. Its not like the entire world is populated by Australians so per capita is a rubbish stat in this instance - Australia as a nation could literally reduce its entire emissions to 0 and it would not make any tangible difference to the worlds temperature. Go whine to china and India and get them to reduce their emissions back - that will help the world
I read somewhere recently Australia accounts for 20 percent of world coal production. Indonesia 40%. 😱 it’s obviously a big export arguably larger percentage wise than Australia’s.
Another strange thing is when we fill up here standard fuel is 9,000Rp /litre which is .85 c per litre Australian. Why are we paying $1.50 odd per litre in Australia?

The athletes themselves didn't get the choice, that was on the AOC. Sounds like the AOC arrogantly thought they'd just appeal and get an exemption which Spurrier denied quick time. The AOC is the bad guy here, Pembo's article was spot on.

Best part is when the AOC whined to the media about this the people of SA shouted them down.

It's like the AOC ignored the fact we'd just come out of a lockdown caused by someone getting the Delta variant quarantining in Sydney.

Best part is when the AOC whined to the media about this the people of SA shouted them down.

It's like the AOC ignored the fact we'd just come out of a lockdown caused by someone getting the Delta variant quarantining in Sydney.
Whilst I agree with this sentiment, AFL footballers are allowed in from Melbourne.

You really couldn't be more tone deaf if you tried really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no matter how much information is out there - you just can't prevent people from being stupid and putting us all at risk of another lockdown

no matter how much information is out there - you just can't prevent people from being stupid and putting us all at risk of another lockdown

Do they get locked up for a while?

don't know - but they should
It may be different in SA but the enforcement of the lockdown rules is non-existent in Victoria. If they catch a burglar they ping them for that too, and if you are protesting against the government's OTT response they throw the book at you - but otherwise it is basically a honour system with police nowhere to be seen.

It may be different in SA but the enforcement of the lockdown rules is non-existent in Victoria. If they catch a burglar they ping them for that too, and if you are protesting against the government's OTT response they throw the book at you - but otherwise it is basically a honour system with police nowhere to be seen.
Bit like the USA where 99% of the BLM rioters and looters caught were released on bail or were not charged, yet the protesters at the Capital have been hunted country wide and some are locked up with no charges yet laid. Its all about the political narrative and nothing to do with actually enforcing laws

In the Medi hotels they have alarms on the doors and the cops call you twice a day and stuff.
Quarantine/lockdown in your house isn't really able to be enforced in any meaningful way.

Given this would be explained to the guy, he must:
  • Really, really, reeeeeallly have needed to go clubbing.
  • Used his whole stash.
  • Have enough money so the fine no issue and is more of a consideration around "this is how much a night on the town costs".
  • Be illiterate and deaf.
  • Any combination of the above.

Rats and sinking ships? From the Age:

"The Victorian government is confronting an exodus from its most influential policy-making body with more than a dozen senior advisers leaving Premier Daniel Andrews’ private office over the past six months. The steady departure of policy, media and legal advisers and administrative staff from the Premier’s private office means there are now only a handful of surviving members from the team which took over the running of government after the 2014 election.

...Some have made the calculation that with the 2022 election likely to be Mr Andrews’ last as premier, now is a good time to seek private-sector employment."

No of course you couldn’t because it suits your narrative - we pollute more individually on this planet in this country than any other individual No ifs, no buts.

And the funniest part of all this is the old argument that the likes of you say, “well if we did the right thing it wouldn’t make a difference”. Well you know what it is is called LEADERSHIP. Something sQomo lacks in ♠️. The ultimate marketing man who is also a contortionist. The flim flam man.

And you know what, we will pay because other countries will tax us. They don’t give a stuff of what sQomo says - he says those things about “technology not taxes” to appease his own red neck base within the Coalition.

Take 10 minutes to listen to a speech that nails him as to what sQomo is -

Rats and sinking ships? From the Age:

"The Victorian government is confronting an exodus from its most influential policy-making body with more than a dozen senior advisers leaving Premier Daniel Andrews’ private office over the past six months. The steady departure of policy, media and legal advisers and administrative staff from the Premier’s private office means there are now only a handful of surviving members from the team which took over the running of government after the 2014 election.

...Some have made the calculation that with the 2022 election likely to be Mr Andrews’ last as premier, now is a good time to seek private-sector employment."

Yeh like Andrews is going to lose the 2022 State election!

People move on to other jobs. It is called progression.

Bit like the USA where 99% of the BLM rioters and looters caught were released on bail or were not charged, yet the protesters at the Capital have been hunted country wide and some are locked up with no charges yet laid. Its all about the political narrative and nothing to do with actually enforcing laws

You still don’t get it do you. It was a deliberate attack on the House of Democracy. They were going to lynch US Congress members. FFS!

And yes, if people damaged peoples property they should be charged but the comparison between the two is chalk and cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back