Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

So he should. He’s ******* vermin.

If the LNP had a decent majority they’d cut the campaigner loose but as is the norm for both major parties power comes before principle.

We really are at our lowest ebb in terms of parliamentarians in this country.
2010, 2016, 2019 federal elections bugger all majority for the government in lower house. Can't see it changing much. County is evenly split, no outstanding leader out there.

Everything done with an eye to not losing a seat here or there, losing power, produces lowest common denominator stuff.

Rudd had a clear majority, but couldn't make a decision without pandering to the 24/7 news cycle. Abbott had a clear majority and acted as if he was still in opposition after he passed his top 3 or 4 election promises.

We are scrapping the bottom of the barrel in Canberra.

I cannot understand Parliament house security in the case of the alleged onsite rape. Are the AFP now Dutton's Black Shirts?
The pair involved arrived at Parliament totally inebriated.
Their entry must have been noticed.
I'm sure there is no CCTV in Reynold's inner office, but surely there must be a door sensor to her office that is activated after hours, indicating entry?
Surely security knew people were in the minister's inner sanctum?
I'm using the word "surely" a lot.
I would have thought ministerial offices would be Fort Knox like.
How long until someone with an iota of security nous asked, "Where are those 2 drunks now?"
It was mentioned early in reporting on this sad state of affairs, that she was sighted in various stages of undress. Was that after the alleged rape? Before? During?

Was this sort of event so common that noone raised an eyebrow?

Something is just not right.

An emerging story is that the Federal AG had dinner with the deceased woman "in the 1990s" according to the deceased's friend, who initially accompanied her to police.
If true, it's a 2 edged sword:
1) If raped by him, why a continued interaction after 1988?
2) Porter would not have been telling the truth about his minimal knowledge of her

Big Swinging Dicks, eh?
Presumably they have passed the Jackie Lambi Assessment.

I‘m guessing ScoMo isn’t in the group. He’s got a face that just screams “chode”.

I‘m guessing ScoMo isn’t in the group. He’s got a face that just screams “chode”.
The group is known historically, and provisionally referenced in an article by Crikey:

"The group name was first outed in 2009 by The Australian’s Glenn Milne. Members reportedly included Christopher Pyne, Steven Ciobo, Greg Hunt, Peter Dutton, Jamie Briggs, Mathias Cormann, Michael Keenan and Morrison."

The group is known historically, and provisionally referenced in an article by Crikey:

"The group name was first outed in 2009 by The Australian’s Glenn Milne. Members reportedly included Christopher Pyne, Steven Ciobo, Greg Hunt, Peter Dutton, Jamie Briggs, Mathias Cormann, Michael Keenan and Morrison."

pyne definitely has a slightly jiggling micropenis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a lame post (as expected). Do you think that they should have been banned?

Happy to discuss that question in the appropriate thread, not this one though as the question has nothing whatsoever to do with politics.

During Question Time in parliament, Mr Morrison said it was “good and right” that people were able to gather but that marches in other places were “met with bullets”.

“It is good and right, Mr Speaker, that so many are able to gather here in this way, whether in our capital or elsewhere, and to do so peacefully to express their concerns and their very genuine and real frustrations,” he said.

“This is a vibrant liberal democracy, Mr Speaker, not far from here, such marches, even now, are being met with bullets, but not here in this country.”

Labor leader Anthony Albanese described the PM’s response as “not so much a tin ear as a wall of concrete”.

Greens leader Adam Bandt tweeted: “Scott Morrison to marchers today: be glad we didn’t shoot you. Unbelievable. He just doesn’t get it.”

why is the fat sack of crap such an complete gormless bag of shite?

What a lame post (as expected). Do you think that they should have been banned?
Deciding to not putting a cartoon character in a movie isn't cancel culture champ

By the by, excluding a moderately rapey skunk from a kids film is probably a good idea all things considered

Oh and the irony isn't lost given this is coming from the same camp who were outraged at the apparent touchy-feely presidential candidate only a few months back

Happy to discuss that question in the appropriate thread, not this one though as the question has nothing whatsoever to do with politics.

You know that cancel culture is a creature of the leftist and is a political topic, you just don't want to talk about the stupidity of it - fair enough in all reality by you really.

You know that cancel culture is a creature of the leftist and is a political topic, you just don't want to talk about the stupidity of it - fair enough in all reality by you really.

Nah. It's not my fault that your favourite reality TV show host getting to play President for a few years warped your perception of what politics actually is.

What politics definitely isn't is a movie executive making the decision to cut a cartoon skunk and mouse from a movie where LeBron James and Bugs Bunny play basketball against aliens.

Last edited:
Nah. It's not my fault that your favourite reality TV show host getting to play President for a few years warped your perception of what politics actually is.

What politics definitely isn't is a movie executive making the decision to cut a cartoon skunk and mouse from a movie where LeBron James plays basketball against aliens.

Reducing diversity? Cutting a Mexican and a mixed race Frenchman? Interesting move in these chalkenging times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back