Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

CEO of Foodbank SA Greg Patterson said the $750k from the feds is turned into $8m of food in a national program and SA gets about 10% of that. It was $1.5m in 2014 and cut to $750k in 2016.

It funds a key food staples program - a sophisticated food sourcing model - ie grains from producers to help make breakfast cereals and pasta with partnerships done with producers. Same with rice and meat.

Oz Harvest just rescues food from being thrown out rather that getting involved in the production chain. So their will be less bang for the feds $$$ buck. The CEO was on the ABC radio this morning. Listen between 33:10 and 41:00. Gotta love the ill informed opinion of Richard who come on at 39:40 that the sponsored Port but are reliant on federal funds. CEO very quickly corrects that BS thinking.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/adelaide/programs/mornings/mornings/10467970

WRT Footy Express

Does Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney offer free PT for AFL/NRL games?
Sydney introduced it as part of their Olympic ticketing system and its been adopted around the country, although I dont know the specifics in all those markets. When I left 8 years ago, I know it was available for AFL games, NRL games, international cricket and Tennis - Sydney International as i used the free travel for those events. I dont know about other sports, but I know if there were big events on at Olympic Park in Homebush (eg Hockey World Cup) travel on public transport was free.

So Alberton isn't getting upgraded, the footy express isn't free with your members card anymore and foodbanks funding has been cut.

We are getting screwed here.

We screwed ourselves with the Alberton expansion. Never should have counted our chickens before they hatched publically like that. There would have been people out there that voted Liberal just because they don't like Port.

Will you still love them if our club banked its entire future on Labor government backing and had to fold due to the liberal government being in power?

:think:

What a stupid question, i'd understand the club made their bed through diabolical funding streams dependant on elections. We aren't a charity.

In any case, let's not talk Politics lest it end up in the bipolar thread.

We screwed ourselves with the Alberton expansion. Never should have counted our chickens before they hatched publically like that. There would have been people out there that voted Liberal just because they don't like Port.

A breathtaking show of either poor planning, or Labor not promising the funds unless we gave them the PR shot in the arm from it, which I find hard to believe as Alberton is Labor heartland which is why we never get pork barreling.

A breathtaking show of either poor planning, or Labor not promising the funds unless we gave them the PR shot in the arm from it, which I find hard to believe as Alberton is Labor heartland which is why we never get pork barreling.

Yeah I don't see how it could be a PR exercise for them considering that over half the state doesn't like us.

Labor were worried about a NXT backlash so that's why they matched the promise.

Liberals were never going to win this area so they didn't have to promise anything.

Libs just rolled over and will re-instate the funding to Foodbank

Government by the seat of your pants.
Sco-Mo or the Neville nobody federal social security minister?

Sco-Mo or the Neville nobody federal social security minister?
You mean Paul Fletcher? Yeh it was him

And they havent said they will reinstate funding, but "expect to receive that advice shortly and will be working with Foodbank to resolve this issue."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Alberton isn't getting upgraded, the footy express isn't free with your members card anymore and foodbanks funding has been cut.

And nobody should be remotely surprised by any of it. This is all entirely within character.

Skirt Morrison reverses the Foodbank decision. He really has little idea. First plays the tough guy and then when he gets the backlash - its pointed out that Foodbank are providing lots of food security services in areas hit hard by the drought - he wakes up how dumb the philosophy of doing a tender for these services are.

Where the bloody hell were you Scott, when this decision was made?

Hid behind the military skirt on immigration, hid behind the treasury and big banks skirt, now he is going to hide behind the PR skirt.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-13/scott-morrison-reverses-foodbank-funding-cuts/10491092
Prime Minister Scott Morrison has reversed a funding cut to one of Australia's largest hunger-relief organisations. The National Farmers' Federation, the community sector and Labor yesterday slammed the Government's plans to slash Foodbank's funding in half from January. Yesterday I promised to review the Foodbank decision. I have listened and decided to increase the Food Relief budget by $1.5 million over the next 4.5 years and have asked the Minister to place more focus on relief in drought affected areas. "I have listened and decided to increase the food relief budget by $1.5 million over the next 4.5 years and have asked the Minister to place more focus on relief in drought-affected areas," Mr Morrison posted on Twitter.
"This is not the right sort of response for a whole-of-government challenge," Ms Casey said. "Having a competitive tender process when we're talking about something as important as feeding hungry children and ensuring families can put a meal on the table — that's not a sensible outcome."

Mr Morrison said the reversal meant Foodbank's funding would be maintained at $750,000 a year. "[It's] important that food relief in drought areas is delivered in a way that does not undercut local businesses," Mr Morrison tweeted......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-13/scott-morrison-reverses-foodbank-funding-cuts/10491092

And nobody should be remotely surprised by any of it. This is all entirely within character.
Those who voted change for the sake of it are dickheads.
The Libs had zero policy going into the election and won by bloody default.

Skirt Morrison reverses the Foodbank decision. He really has little idea. First plays the tough guy and then when he gets the backlash - its pointed out that Foodbank are providing lots of food security services in areas hit hard by the drought - he wakes up how dumb the philosophy of doing a tender for these services are.

Hid behind the military skirt on immigration, hid behind the treasury and big banks skirt, now he is going to hide behind the PR skirt.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has reversed a funding cut to one of Australia's largest hunger-relief organisations. The National Farmers' Federation, the community sector and Labor yesterday slammed the Government's plans to slash Foodbank's funding in half from January. Yesterday I promised to review the Foodbank decision. I have listened and decided to increase the Food Relief budget by $1.5 million over the next 4.5 years and have asked the Minister to place more focus on relief in drought affected areas. "I have listened and decided to increase the food relief budget by $1.5 million over the next 4.5 years and have asked the Minister to place more focus on relief in drought-affected areas," Mr Morrison posted on Twitter.
"This is not the right sort of response for a whole-of-government challenge," Ms Casey said. "Having a competitive tender process when we're talking about something as important as feeding hungry children and ensuring families can put a meal on the table — that's not a sensible outcome."

Mr Morrison said the reversal meant Foodbank's funding would be maintained at $750,000 a year. "[It's] important that food relief in drought areas is delivered in a way that does not undercut local businesses," Mr Morrison tweeted......

The racist, unfeeling old fart in me asks, 'How is it we can give Mongolia $27,000,000 dollars in foreign aid yet could not find a measly $750,000 to support an organisation that helps out hard up Aussies? Not a good look for the Government and Morrison is obviously in damage control mode.

The racist, unfeeling old fart in me asks, 'How is it we can give Mongolia $27,000,000 dollars in foreign aid yet could not find a measly $750,000 to support an organisation that helps out hard up Aussies? Not a good look for the Government and Morrison is obviously in damage control mode.
You might be racist and unfeeling but you are also short sighted and don't understand foreign relations. You are the whole package mate!

Is this new money, or are they re-funding Foodbank by taking back the extra funding planned for the other two food charities?

The footy express was never free. The costs were footed by the SMA, who then pass it on to the clubs who include it in ticket prices.

Someone always pays.

The footy express was never free. The costs were footed by the SMA, who then pass it on to the clubs who include it in ticket prices.

Someone always pays.
Why can't it just still be included in our memberships? Are the buses to the ground being cancelled or are they still going and we have to bring a few bucks with us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back