Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

So Medicare was fully privatised after the 2016 federal election and again after the 2019 election?

Yes.

Of course it wasn't, but the intention is to slowly raise the temperature of the water until we are boiling and not even realising it. We have to pay for more things now than we did a couple Governments ago.

Yes.

Of course it wasn't, but the intention is to slowly raise the temperature of the water until we are boiling and not even realising it. We have to pay for more things now than we did a couple Governments ago.

Riiiiight

So Medicare was fully privatised after the 2016 federal election and again after the 2019 election?
I don't think anyone ever claimed that, look at the jump in prices compared to inflation. Then compare the rises in liberal government years compared to labor

I don't think anyone ever claimed that, look at the jump in prices compared to inflation. Then compare the rises in liberal government years compared to labor

If the ABC are ripping into Labor it happened.

Rising health costs is across the board in the West regardless of whether government are 'Left' or 'Right'. Aging populations that are increasingly fat lazy MF's too boot doesn't make for reduced money required. A sugar tax, raised alcohol taxes and id required when buying cigarettes so smokers can be pinged higher Medicare levy would all be a good start.

Shorten used his Mediscare campaign that nearly won him an election but that was ok?

Both sides do it, it's politics.

I just think it's way too simplistic to blame the press. Murdoch or any other.

If we had a free and independent press. When you basically have a monopoly on news media and you have a bias towards a particular side of politics, then it's a problem

Shorten used his Mediscare campaign that nearly won him an election but that was ok?

Both sides do it, it's politics.

I just think it's way too simplistic to blame the press. Murdoch or any other.

Not sure if you're aware of this but Bill Shorten was actually the leader of the Opposition, not a news organisation.

We're not talking about Scott Morrison running scare campaigns here, we're taking about Rupert Murdoch running them.

I don't think the main stream media has the influence now that they once did. People are increasingly sourcing their info off the internet because they know the media runs with its own agenda. It is moot whether they were ever unbiased politically. Most people see what they want to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the main stream media has the influence now that they once did. People are increasingly sourcing their info off the internet because they know the media runs with its own agenda. It is moot whether they were ever unbiased politically. Most people see what they want to see.

The internet is just another arm of media though yeah. It’s governments and corporations.

The internet is just another arm of media though yeah. It’s governments and corporations.
It's also variety on a scale that no media mogul can control. Pre internet Murdock could buy out his rivals and shut them down. You can't do that with the internet. The disaffected just move onto the next website. Or start their own. Or bitch about it on reddit and bigfooty.

I can literally find articles written in the past week saying trump didn’t do anything with the Ukraine but Hilary needs to go to jail on Fox News. So.. yeah.

So Trump has Fox.

I reckon there's more than one Network in America though and I wonder how much longer Fox will be conservative under Disney ownership... of course Disney are conservative in progressive clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Trump has Fox.

I reckon there's more than one Network in America though and I wonder how much longer Fox will be conservative under Disney ownership... of course Disney are conservative in progressive clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, for every pro Trump Fox item there are multiple anti items on CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, Washington Post and NY Times. If Murdock is influencing elections in the US then the other networks/press are incompetent.

Yep, for every pro Trump Fox item there are multiple anti items on CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, Washington Post and NY Times. If Murdock is influencing elections in the US then the other networks/press are incompetent.

'Anti-Trump items' are just items factually reporting things that Trump says and does.

They’re not anti-trump articles any more than reporting on Charles Manson is anti- Charles Manson.

when the president uses social media to make frivolous attacks and misspells words a 8 year old can spell, the media reports are going to be negative. How could they not be?

Troll farms? Bots?
There may be a sub set of society that is malleable to such tactics but all sides of politics use them which effectively cancels each other out. The rest of society sees them for what they are. If this s**t worked we would hac Clive fecking Palmer as our PM.

'Anti-Trump items' are just items factually reporting things that Trump says and does.
They’re not anti-trump articles any more than reporting on Charles Manson is anti- Charles Manson.

when the president uses social media to make frivolous attacks and misspells words a 8 year old can spell, the media reports are going to be negative. How could they not be?
Meh. Doesn't alter my point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back